Re: Shows The Futility of Ricers

Discussion in '2000 Lingenfelter 650 Corvette' started by 427 Cobra, Aug 9, 2002.

1. To Bigblockbrawler426Hemistage8:
    You were quoted as saying: Confirmed expert in using Desert Eagle 50ae and Barrett L82 cal sniper rifle.
    I would gladly take either of these fine weapons and blast the hell out of a ricer. HE rounds would be especially fun. Not to be picky, but it is M82 not L82.<!-- Signature -->

2. STOP THE CAR RACISM, it dont matter the manufacturer, or the nation, isnt it the car? maybe a car does suck, but dont discriminate from the whole nation for it.

3. ok the jappers come here in order to diss us, so what should we do?

4. Shows The Futility of Ricers

Good old fashioned American engineering will always rule over import tuners. Americans have no need for nitrous. This proves it.

5. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 427 Cobra</i>
    <b>Good old fashioned American engineering will always rule over import tuners. Americans have no need for nitrous. This proves it.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Whatever ..... zzzzz....

6. Importers have no need for nitrous either. You can get a very very quick import without using NOS, a turbo, or a supercharger. For example, my friend's 91 Honda CRX had removed the stock SOHC motor for a DOHC motor. After bore and stroke, it produced a 12.98 on a naturally aspirated motor. While that may not beat such a car as this, it beats a Camaro SS and a Mustang Cobra, doesn't it?<!-- Signature -->

7. The thing is, you are comparing apples to oranges. The CRX sucks to begin with and that is why it needs upgrades. The Ligenfelter has a valid comparison with ricers because they are both after-market products. I could drop a 460 in a Ford Windstar and with the proper modifications, it could beat a Cobra or an SS. People choose to modify Corvettes and Mustangs for a reason. You don't see any CRX's at Le Mans do you?<!-- Signature -->

8. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from mbmw35z</i>
    <b>Importers have no need for nitrous either. You can get a very very quick import without using NOS, a turbo, or a supercharger. For example, my friend's 91 Honda CRX had removed the stock SOHC motor for a DOHC motor. After bore and stroke, it produced a 12.98 on a naturally aspirated motor. While that may not beat such a car as this, it beats a Camaro SS and a Mustang Cobra, doesn't it?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Your full-of-shit! That's a made up time, with a DOHC motor maybe that piece of shit would run 14's but not 12's. Go f*ck yourself!<!-- Signature -->

9. this car is a sad car to compare to an import, sure it will beat civics adn acs but look at the price difference. a stock twin turbo supra or skyline can do 0-60 in 5 flat. ur tellin me a 113 G's car can only do 4.5!!!!! this car has a phat topspeed but needs more power. i like vettes adn vipers but i also luv imports, os i am not biased.<!-- Signature -->

10. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from mbmw35z</i>
    <b>Importers have no need for nitrous either. You can get a very very quick import without using NOS, a turbo, or a supercharger. For example, my friend's 91 Honda CRX had removed the stock SOHC motor for a DOHC motor. After bore and stroke, it produced a 12.98 on a naturally aspirated motor. While that may not beat such a car as this, it beats a Camaro SS and a Mustang Cobra, doesn't it?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->the ss has been clocked at 12.89 by a magazine i can't remember which one but i'll post it when i find it.

11. Veilside Supra and Skyline
    Blitz R348 Skyline
    AB-Flug 900 Supra...

12. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from deuginthesky</i>
    <b>Veilside Supra and Skyline
    Blitz R348 Skyline
    AB-Flug 900 Supra...</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Top Fuel Funny Cars - Don't see too many Japanese engines used in that category do you?<!-- Signature -->

13. actually ive heard that the top fuel drag cars have alchol driven 426 hemis and some other stuff but i dont know what.

14. Haha. The futility of ricers, huh? It's so sad how Americans think their little cars are the best. They compare their Corvettes with economy cars like Civics. They can only compare their mighty V8 cars to crappy four-bangers like the Civic. They can't step up to V6 cars like the RX-7, Supra, and Skyline because their cars don't stand a chance. This thing is a overpriced piece of crap. $110,000+ for a 0-60 of 4.5 seconds, 0-100 of 7.9, and a skidpad of what, 0.94? Wow, the top speed is 226. It'll take you a while to reach that speed though, too bad. Ford, the company that brought to you the awesome Pinto! Chevrolet, the company that brought to you the fabulous El Camino! Pontiac, the company that brought to you the flashy Aztec! Chrysler, the company that brought to you the amazing PT Cruiser! Dodge, the company that brought to you the brilliant Aspen!

Forgive me, I just overused sarcasm. I just like using adjectives. At least Japanese economy cars have value and use. They aren't as useless or fugly as American economy cars. American "economy" cars waste fuel, look ugly, and have cannot be modified by any terms whatsoever. It shows the futility of rednecks, doesn't it?<!-- Signature -->

15. damn man, you want something that will destroy any ricer, concept or otherwise, look at the hennessy venom 800tt, or even a stock z06, the hennessy pulls 0-60 in 2.4 w/ street legal tires, does 1.05 on the skidpad, and runs 1/4 miles in 10 seconds flat. it has been dubbed the "Fastest Street-Legal Car in the World," by Motor Trend magazine, so ricers, go back to japan.<!-- Signature -->

16. AND ALL THIS IN THE GOD-DAMN RAIN. what the hell could it do in perfect conditions, maybe the insurance companies shouldnt know?<!-- Signature -->

17. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SoupedUpSupra</i>
    <b>Haha. The futility of ricers, huh? It's so sad how Americans think their little cars are the best. They compare their Corvettes with economy cars like Civics. They can only compare their mighty V8 cars to crappy four-bangers like the Civic. They can't step up to V6 cars like the RX-7, Supra, and Skyline because their cars don't stand a chance. This thing is a overpriced piece of crap. $110,000+ for a 0-60 of 4.5 seconds, 0-100 of 7.9, and a skidpad of what, 0.94? Wow, the top speed is 226. It'll take you a while to reach that speed though, too bad. Ford, the company that brought to you the awesome Pinto! Chevrolet, the company that brought to you the fabulous El Camino! Pontiac, the company that brought to you the flashy Aztec! Chrysler, the company that brought to you the amazing PT Cruiser! Dodge, the company that brought to you the brilliant Aspen!

Forgive me, I just overused sarcasm. I just like using adjectives. At least Japanese economy cars have value and use. They aren't as useless or fugly as American economy cars. American "economy" cars waste fuel, look ugly, and have cannot be modified by any terms whatsoever. It shows the futility of rednecks, doesn't it?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

The reason Corvettes and other muscle cars are compared to Japanese pieces of crap is that people like you are stupid enough to want to modify a "four-banger." A civic has to be tuned to even come close to be a threat to a Vette. Why modify a shitty car when you can modify a car that performs right out of the factory? And why don't you see chassis lights, 8 foot tall spoilers, and stickers plastered all over Vettes? Cause this car has nothing to prove. Everbody knows the Vette for it's speed. Oh, I'm glad you can name the crap cars from each American company. I'll do the same for Jap cars if you want, SEE: ALL MODELS. And you say this car needs more power? This car was engineered to achieve max power througout its spectrum. Therefore, acceleration time its not as fast as it could be. A simple gear tuning will fix that. Ricers may be popular in Japan, but this is America. American iron and muscle destroys all. So go back to watchin Fast and the Furious. Oh, if I remember correctly, didn't the Dodge Charger R/T beat your Supra in the end? <!-- Signature -->

18. Quote from SoupedUpSupra
    Haha. The futility of ricers, huh? It's so sad how Americans think their little cars are the best. They compare their Corvettes with economy cars like Civics. They can only compare their mighty V8 cars to crappy four-bangers like the Civic. They can't step up to V6 cars like the RX-7, Supra, and Skyline because their cars don't stand a chance. This thing is a overpriced piece of crap. $110,000+ for a 0-60 of 4.5 seconds, 0-100 of 7.9, and a skidpad of what, 0.94? Wow, the top speed is 226. It'll take you a while to reach that speed though, too bad. Ford, the company that brought to you the awesome Pinto! Chevrolet, the company that brought to you the fabulous El Camino! Pontiac, the company that brought to you the flashy Aztec! Chrysler, the company that brought to you the amazing PT Cruiser! Dodge, the company that brought to you the brilliant Aspen!

Forgive me, I just overused sarcasm. I just like using adjectives. At least Japanese economy cars have value and use. They aren't as useless or fugly as American economy cars. American "economy" cars waste fuel, look ugly, and have cannot be modified by any terms whatsoever. It shows the futility of rednecks, doesn't it?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are a idiot. None of the three cars you listed uses a V6. The mazda has a rotary, and both the toyota, and the nissan use inline sixes.This car was intended to be a top speed cruser. With the right gearing, it would get sub 4 second 0-60. you are a idiot, please know what you are talking about before wasteing board space.<!-- Signature -->

19. Hehehe, there's no doubt this car is fast, but guess why its only 650 hp, because american engines are crap, why do you think there is a 40000 dolar difference between a vette and an nsx, the word is quality, americans dont have it. A supra can go up to 800-850 hp without any internal engine mods, and the supra in tfatf is only 650hp, yet it still beat the 900hp charger, American cars are lacking, I hate to say it. If you want a faster car for the price buy japanese, even a civic could take this car to school.

20. #20 bluedevil4717, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Ok, ya'll think this car is sh*t? Have you seen the Lingenfelter Vette that outran a BLUE ANGELS FIGHTER JET?!?!?!? Yes, it was in Motor Trend (i think). Now, I've never seen some ricer car outrun an F/18 Hornet? Have any of you?

Didn't think so.

Lingenfelter knows what he's doing. They put out some awesome machines. Like the new 427cid Twin Turbo Vette on their site. Makes about 750 horses i think and i have a movie clip of it running a 9.73 on the strip (it's really funny, the Vette WASTES this Viper. I don't think the Viper realizes what's under this car's hood. By the way, it's an LS-1 bored & stroked to 427).

http://www.lingenfelter.com

<!-- Signature -->

21. souped up supra, ur a God damned idiot, americans are accused of only comparing our cars to the worst examples of japanese technology then u list the worst american cars in your post! really, if u are going to make an argument try not to make an ass out of yourself too...its true that japs and americans can make nice cars and not one group is the "ultimate leader of speed" but if i was to tune an engine it would be an 8 over a 6 or a 4... seriously, the possibilities are always higher with more cyliners! and i dont know which idiot said a supra can get soemthing like 600 or 800 hp without any internal engine modifications is a dick lick too. the internals of an engine would snap under that kinda preasure (nitrous induced or not..and they would only snap if they didnt melt first.. i have absolutely no doubt that a civic or skyline or supra or something could make that much power, or even as much as 1000..but an iron block 8 cylinder is better suited twards more more displacement, higher preasure and consequently more power, whether u jap racers like it or not. i never have a doubt in my mind that the nitrous in my vette is not gonna harm a thing. i never fear that im gonna blow out a cylinder wall or pop a head off or even snap a rod like i would with a tiny 4 banger or a six... ill put a hipo large displacment engine tuned out against any little japanese 4 or 6

22. What about all those crap cars that asian manufacturers create. Like the lancer(which sucks and now plagues american streets), the tiburon(which looks decent), the celica(which sucks), the integra(which sucks), the protoge(which sucks)and the miata(zoom zoom right into the gutter), etc., etc. Why don't those stupid companies make anyhting good anymore besides the decent nsx which sucks for the money and the skyline which everyone talks about. Why(and i know the answer to this), do importers always refer to the same cars, americans can refer to a badass car every year since 1957, when the corvette was on it's way. 90% of asian cars suck.

Ricers don't know the value and engineering of a car except when they tear it apart to put on turboes. Phil Gansz

23. #23 FoVeUrBeN, Aug 9, 2002
    <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Mistertwo</i>
    <b>Hehehe, there's no doubt this car is fast, but guess why its only 650 hp, because american engines are crap, why do you think there is a 40000 dolar difference between a vette and an nsx, the word is quality, americans dont have it. A supra can go up to 800-850 hp without any internal engine mods, and the supra in tfatf is only 650hp, yet it still beat the 900hp charger, American cars are lacking, I hate to say it. If you want a faster car for the price buy japanese, even a civic could take this car to school.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Now of course, your 650 HP Supra (which was featured in every single ricemag after the launch of "The Fast and The Furious" as a 1300HP supra ( http://www.importfanatics.com/import/fastsupra/ffsupra.htm) running a 40 psi ball bearing twin turbo, equipped with a 100hp NOS Kit) almost got the Charger to the finish line. Well, now you're the smart one comparing equal cars, this Charger was a Mopar Charger '70 R/T runnning an hemi 426 (as reported by film makers) equipped with various accesories including a blower & forced induction system. No N.O.S, no self-managed injection system, no 6-speed flip-something-button-tronic transmission. Good old 4-speed manual single-plate clutch. And still, it wouldn't have it break, it woulda smoke that supra right out of the way.

Now, the charger had something the supra didn't manage to get, it's called displacement, and it "creates" torque. No turbo, NOS nor computerized auto-shifting transmission will replace displacement any day soon.

Oh and btw, watch the making of the ricers "cult movie" (F&F) and you'll see, even the makers/actors know the difference.

Quote from Vince Diesel:
    "We've got fast car, then we've got muscle"<!-- Signature -->

24. #24 bigjamison, Aug 9, 2002
    <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from bluedevil4717</i>
    <b>
    Ok, ya'll think this car is sh*t? Have you seen the Lingenfelter Vette that outran a BLUE ANGELS FIGHTER JET?!?!?!? Yes, it was in Motor Trend (i think). Now, I've never seen some ricer car outrun an F/18 Hornet? Have any of you?

http://www.lingenfelter.com

</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I saw this article in motor trend. this vette did 0-60 in sub 2 sec. the two turbos were capable of about 14 lbs. of boost on regular premium, unleaded gasoline. this car out ran a 12,800 hp F/A-18 Hornet. this plane is capable of reaching mach 1.8 plus.

I am neutral on the perpetual import vs. domestic debate. i subscribe to motor trend (neutral), super street (import) and popular hot rodding (domestic). many of my friends are import enthusiasts with a dislike for mustangs, but we all have a liking to corvettes.

A relative of mine, you may know him, Caroll Shelby had the idea of putting american V8's into the european style lightweight bodies. if you really think about it, what a good idea. getting more power from typically low-power car. this idea helped him become one of the most sucessful drivers and car designers in our history. he then created the shelby cobra, which is a classic american car liked by most everyone. his work was the forerunning of corvettes and vipers today.

i think everyone should stop hating on the american cars for being big and wasteful, and everyone should stop hating on imports for being small and conservative.

25. How true.<!-- Signature -->