Re: since when was civic a supercar

Discussion in '2002 Honda Civic Type-R' started by SupraCharged, Aug 9, 2002.

1. I dont have any stickers on my truck because i dont want anyone to have power i want them to think i have a stock truck. By the way the 350 will fit. Im planning to spend over 5000 dollars on the engine swap. I'll change the computers and the whole drive train i have a 6-speed transmission from a camaro ss thats already in my truck along with the drive shaft and rear differential. So dont call me a #$%#ing ricer. I am going to pick up my 350 on monday.

2. hondas are the slowest pieces ever.my firehawk will smoke any import that gets in it's way.

3. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from fenix4116</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ApolloBlue</i>
    <b>Alright, I just want to know who here can actually afford a McLaren, a 'Vette, or in fact, any stock car that does 0-60 under 6 or runs the quarter under 15?

Odds are, no one who visits these forums can afford such a car.

Meanwhile, I can take my $17k Si, add a Jackson supercharger for $3k and NOS for under a grand and run 13s. No, it won't outrun an M3, a 'Vette, or anything of the sort. But I can get it to out-handle a Mustang, get better mileage, be easier to drive everyday, and last longer with cheaper maintenance.

And I've met very few 17 and 18 year olds that can capably handle a car running that fast, particularly on a track.

And of course, I'm talking about my 2000 Si. I have no idea what Honda was thinking when they brought out this European-ass shit. It looks horrible, and so, even though it may be technically sound, I doubt youth will flock to it like they did to the old Si's and Civics.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> OOO i can i can i have a 1994 Trans Am bought it last year paid for it in cash it cost me 10,900 not to bad only 62 thousand miles it does a quater stock in 14.8 and im not sure of the 0-60 but i know its under 6 its not hard to acheive what you just asked for just about any v-8 can the v-8 in my 71 mustang and do that and better it weighs more to and its got a smaller engine then my T/A o yeah and um how much will a new engine cost you when you destory your old one by running NOS? hmmm a real can can run under 13's with out being bottled feed. o and i highly doubt that a superchared i4 with nos gets better gas mileage then a stock t/a and also i beg to differ on the hanleing statement a ws6 can pull 91'g's on the skid pad whats this car pull? and how long is a trans am? like twice the size of this?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

First and foremost, please use English, not some nearly unintelligible perversion.

Secondly, sure, a stock Trans Am will beat a stock Si. However, I will guarantee that you will be burning oil long, long before me, regardless of whether or not I modify the engine.

And I am not trying to feed 100-shot NOS into a stock engine or anything of the sort. It's just a cheaper boost. I'll port and polish it this summer. Then we'll see who runs faster with the boost (on the supercharger, possibly NOS) kicked up. As it is right now, though, I'm running probably no more than 30bhp less than your Trans Am, and the Si weighs hundreds of pounds less.

I average around 27-28 MPG in Bay Area traffic and back roads. Why? Because my I4 doesn't have to burn a pound of fuel just sitting at a stop light and I know how to drive efficiently. And I'm not burning NOS and running like 10psi of boost daily. And please don't start calling me a liar, since we all know it's pretty much impossible to prove anything in these forums, so we all need to just assume a sort of honor code and not lie.

Moreover, I truly doubt that your T/A can outhandle my Si. Just consider the physics; my car is lighter with a smaller turning radius and a sharper turn-in, and it probably has a lower center of gravity. Yes, it's a front-driver, but that just requires a better pilot. By the way, "91'g's"? I'm going to assume you meant 0.91g lat. accel. and to get those kinds of numbers you'd really have to modify a WS6, since it's supposed to get no better than 0.87g and the WS6 costs a hell of a lot more than my Si, modified or not.

I also prefer the size of the Si. Parking a small import is a hell of a lot easier in a city like SF. And when you're maneuvering around the sharp corners, single-lane roads, and blind spots in the hills of Marin, Oakland, Berkeley, and East and South Bay, I doubt a car twice the length of the Si could keep pace, since Porsches and their ilk have a hard time on such small roads.

Lastly, I've got nothing against American muscle cars. It's just more convenient for me to own a Honda right now, so don't start calling me a ricer and I won't start calling anyone uneducated white trash.

4. you sound a lot like me. and for the idiots that think a vortech SC does nothing on a Si engine, it got a civic up to 178 mph (the Vortech Civic Si) and can easily (with stock internals) produce upwards of 300 hp. in the hands of a smart tuner of course.

apollo, you can say what you will, but it will make no difference to these people. they will never learn english, and they will never understand what it is like to own a honda. i too have nothing at all against american muscle. its great. yes, having a fast car that gets over 27 mpg is definitely the most feasible to own right now. who needs a 350 in a truck?!<!-- Signature -->

5. cause it puts out 750 horses without a super charger.

6. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from chevy freak</i>
    <b>cause it puts out 750 horses without a super charger.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Please explain to me how this engine produces 750bhp without any sort of boost. That's a hell of a lot more output than I recall any stock and most modified engines producing.

7. Buzzbomber I understand that the right set of hands can push any car to more than its ever done but the reason I'm dissing Honda is because you have these mama's boy mother#$%#ers who claim to have a fast car and have a stock Honda (i have seen other makes just mostly Hondas) with a few stickers and an exhaust tip (aka: fartcan)and they think the damn thing is fast. I bet the intega motor pushes your civic to at least 150mph. <!-- Signature -->

8. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ApolloBlue</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from chevy freak</i>
    <b>cause it puts out 750 horses without a super charger.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Please explain to me how this engine produces 750bhp without any sort of boost. That's a hell of a lot more output than I recall any stock and most modified engines producing.

</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Don't even try to tell me you have never heard of a 350 with 750 HP N/A.... have you ever looked? They are all over.
    Stock no, but modified.... easily.<!-- Signature -->

9. *****NOTE*****
    I don't know "Chevy Freak" and i cannot verify his claim that his particular car makes 750 N/A HP, but 750 N/A HP is VERY doable on the LT1 and LS1 engines.<!-- Signature -->

10. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from rthompson</i>
    <b>*****NOTE*****
    I don't know "Chevy Freak" and i cannot verify his claim that his particular car makes 750 N/A HP, but 750 N/A HP is VERY doable on the LT1 and LS1 engines.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Somehow it seemed to me that this allegedly 18-year-old illiterate wouldn't have the resources to produce such an engine and to mount it in a Nissan pickup. He claimed the operation would set him back five thousand or so. I don't claim to be an expert nor ever have, but putting a 750bhp, 5.7L powerplant in a Nissan powerplant seemed to verge on the pointless.

Anyhow, yea, I've heard of 750+ bhp on a 350 but not without forced induction and significant mods.

11. a nascar engine has a 346ci engine that produces 750-950hp without a super charger.

12. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ApolloBlue</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from rthompson</i>
    <b>*****NOTE*****
    I don't know "Chevy Freak" and i cannot verify his claim that his particular car makes 750 N/A HP, but 750 N/A HP is VERY doable on the LT1 and LS1 engines.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Somehow it seemed to me that this allegedly 18-year-old illiterate wouldn't have the resources to produce such an engine and to mount it in a Nissan pickup. He claimed the operation would set him back five thousand or so. I don't claim to be an expert nor ever have, but putting a 750bhp, 5.7L powerplant in a Nissan powerplant seemed to verge on the pointless.

Anyhow, yea, I've heard of 750+ bhp on a 350 but not without forced induction and significant mods.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Signifigant mods, yes, but 750 N/A HP is doable.... again i cannot confirm his particular claims, and that does sound fishy if indeed he is an 18 year old.<!-- Signature -->

13. know one said you had to belive anything.Just type in nascar engine and find out for yourself.

14. ive got a Mazda R100 that im putting a 502 in.<!-- Signature -->

15. in your dreams.

16. NASCAR engines, huh?

I'm certain those types of mods would do real well on car that is also used to commute to and from work, school, etc, as one can always drive in excess of 100mph, have insane cam profiles, no mufflers or cat.'s, and massive carburetors.

17. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from chevy freak</i>
    <b>in your dreams.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> ...is your mom<!-- Signature -->

18. you said you was 18, HAAAAAA your still a child living with his foster
    parents cause your real parents were murderd.

they will run, they will hide, they will all die with a bullet between the eyes.

19. [slaps forehead] are you really that idiotic, that kind of stuff can be prosecuted by the FBI as terrorastic threats, you could serve jail time numb nutz.<!-- Signature -->

20. Dildo Vibrates 5 shut your f#%$ ASS .

21. Cisco do you even have a car?<!-- Signature -->