Re: Skyline vs. Camaro ZL1 Concept

Discussion in '1999 Blitz Skyline GT-R R348' started by Godspd, Aug 10, 2002.

1. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from camaro</i>
    <b>If you want to talk about technology look at gms new v12 that is the size of a v8. That's pretty technological it has the the sound of a muscle car with more power and tourque. Well I have to admit the viper can't handel well, but the zo6 can it out handeled an nsx and a porsche 911. Also the saleen s7 handels very well to(according to the stats). The cobra r handels well, because it has rear indepenent suspension. The lingenfelter 427tt handels well to just as good as the zo6, but faster. The only American cars that aren't for the track are funny cars they have 10,000hp. Look at teh c5-r it has great handeling as well. It beat vipers, saleen s7s, porsches, and other cars in its class. It got a 1-2 finish and the closest car behind it was a saleen s7(it was 39 laps behind it). Did I mention it was raining when they won. So that's very good handeling.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Ok so Americans have won a few races, so have Japanes cars in F1, Rally and Le Mans and European cars with majority wins in all races.

The matter of the fact is that your cars are still not regarded to be good handlers outside of America not matter what you say and try to prove.

I will give you that one or two cars in America can handle but I believe majority of them are still heavy straight line muscle cars.

Honestly American cars are not sort after as much outside of America compared to "cult" cars like Japanese cars. One thing is that America with its global arm Australia makes cars that are powerfull and sound great but they lack something very important and thats a feel of "dynamics". And personally for me Japanese cars touches my automotive nerve endings the most where even european cars are a bit to refined and not as fun as Japanese cars. Ever driven or sat in a Subaru WRX or a nissan 200sx or even a Skyline. Now thats fun.
    <!-- Signature -->

2. Are you stupid corvettes have very good handleing car and driver tested it and it had better handleing than a porsche 911 and an nsx.<!-- Signature -->

3. you sure about that. the corvette ranked as the best selling sports car over 400 hp in england recently. giwasa (a german tuner) makes a 1200 hp viper. ford owns mazda...hmm so what's really your point here. hey i like japanese cars if you read my past posts you'll notice i was defending them you idiot. yah if you will ALSO notice the ford gt40 is one of the fastest cars in the world on the srreet and the track (took lemans 3 times in a row ahead of ferrari), the shelby 427sc was a a great car too. just because japan makes a loto f good cars doesn't mean you should be so ignorant as not to recognize any good american cars at all either.

4. Re: Skyline are the best vs. Camaro ZL1 Concept

Do you guys (american car lover guys) truly know why american cars suck...?? cause they're made of shit. the quality of an american car to an import is so bad it's not even worth the time comparing the two. The only domestics i've ever seen lasting past 100k miles were the older, better domestics. 70's and earlier was a good time for domesticsm they they are junk. Who cares if they can make a car that will brake the biggest and best records in the world. That doesn't make the true cars that are bought every day any better. I would much more like an import because
    1. RELIABILITY
    2. gas mileage is a lot better
    3. better quality
    4. etc. etc. etc.
    The only good thing about domestics is you can get high powered vehicles for cheap. But guess what... you get what you pay for in this world. If it's bought cheap, it's going to be cheap. The corvette z06... that thing is a bad ass car. stock it will do 12's and has some of the best handling in the world... but why would you want something that won't last near as long as an import that you could easily make as powerful and handle as good or better but still last longer. That corvette weighs as much as my car too. I have a maxima. it's a 4 door nissan maxima family car. weighs as much as chevy's best sports car... hmm.. doesn't seem too sporty to me if it weighs as much as a 4 door family car. also, my car will toast a lot of newer "sports" car the americans make. I can easily toast mustang v6 and v8 (no, not the cobras or bullets, duh) i can take on camaro v6's (oh and by the way, my car only pulls 160 hp) when i get my turbo engine in there and run about 300 hp to the wheels, i'll be able to take on the big cars. z28 camaros, corvettes (went against one the other day to see what he had, of coarse he toasted me but if i had the turbo engine in there he wouldn't have stood chance) oh yeah... my engine will last 200k miles EASILY too. Even with the turbo. oh yeah the tranny will too. If domestics can get back on track and start making their cars out of some quality material instead of junk maybe they would start to last longer and be better. until then, domestics suck. btw, i live in america. just thought i'd let you all know.

5. Re: Skyline are the best vs. Camaro ZL1 Concept

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from mtcookson</i>
    <b>Do you guys (american car lover guys) truly know why american cars suck...?? cause they're made of shit. the quality of an american car to an import is so bad it's not even worth the time comparing the two. The only domestics i've ever seen lasting past 100k miles were the older, better domestics. 70's and earlier was a good time for domesticsm they they are junk. Who cares if they can make a car that will brake the biggest and best records in the world. That doesn't make the true cars that are bought every day any better. I would much more like an import because
    1. RELIABILITY
    2. gas mileage is a lot better
    3. better quality
    4. etc. etc. etc.
    The only good thing about domestics is you can get high powered vehicles for cheap. But guess what... you get what you pay for in this world. If it's bought cheap, it's going to be cheap. The corvette z06... that thing is a bad ass car. stock it will do 12's and has some of the best handling in the world... but why would you want something that won't last near as long as an import that you could easily make as powerful and handle as good or better but still last longer. That corvette weighs as much as my car too. I have a maxima. it's a 4 door nissan maxima family car. weighs as much as chevy's best sports car... hmm.. doesn't seem too sporty to me if it weighs as much as a 4 door family car. also, my car will toast a lot of newer "sports" car the americans make. I can easily toast mustang v6 and v8 (no, not the cobras or bullets, duh) i can take on camaro v6's (oh and by the way, my car only pulls 160 hp) when i get my turbo engine in there and run about 300 hp to the wheels, i'll be able to take on the big cars. z28 camaros, corvettes (went against one the other day to see what he had, of coarse he toasted me but if i had the turbo engine in there he wouldn't have stood chance) oh yeah... my engine will last 200k miles EASILY too. Even with the turbo. oh yeah the tranny will too. If domestics can get back on track and start making their cars out of some quality material instead of junk maybe they would start to last longer and be better. until then, domestics suck. btw, i live in america. just thought i'd let you all know.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Can't last that long huh? Didn't hear about the chevy engine that some guy sold to a company with 1,000,000 miles on it? They took it apart and found it was in almost new condition.

How about my stuff? I had a '93 Suburban I gave away with 375,000 on the odo. Right now I have a '98 Suburban with 170,000.

You know the tuneup on the ZO6 is at 100,000 miles?

Go talk to your local dealership, GM designs their engines starting in '98 in last, with no problems, anywhere from 150,000 - 200,000 miles. Given that they still lasted twice that in my case.

The quality of domestics vs. imports is worth mentioning. I think Chevy was something like 24% of their cars had some kind of problem from the factory while Honda had something like 16%. I find both of those numbers high, but they are fairly close.

Can you name any stock production import that costs within 5k of the Trans AM/Camaro/Corvette that can outperform it on the strip and track?

You think you can easily just get 405 HP and better than ZO6 handling and maintain reliability? Man your in for a surprise.

Your maxima weighs less than 3117 pounds? This car weighs something over 3300 pounds, does that mean it sucks? Hell no.

Ok, you can take V6 Mustangs and Camaros in your maxima. Big deal, they arn't performance oriented, shit, I've beat them in all kinds of trucks. But then you say something that caught my attention. You say you can easily toast a mustang GT, but not a bullit by a long shot. The GT and Bullit are almost the same car, the bullit just has some appearance stuff and like 20 more HP.

What year of maxima do you have? You do realize that your car is FWD and its gonna take more than 300 HP to beat corvettes. Oh, you think your car will just last 200,000 hard miles with no problems??? MY ASS.

6. thanks. the engine can handle over 6500 rpms.(thats as high as my tack goes). I hand built the engine except for the bottom end. and the springs I am going to get will lower the car, but I need to buy a camber adjustible kit to get the right tire wear.

7. Skyline vs. Camaro ZL1 Concept

All jap cars are little p.o.s's that can never keep up with the american muscle cars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. It begins........

9. The ZL1 does only 1 thing well, Straight line acceleration

10. Your very stupid always saying that American cars can't handel good well that's ignorant. The 427tt can accelerate and go faster than the veilside supra and has better handeling than a porsche, nsx, and a mclearen.

11. the 427tt, better handling then a mclaren? OoooooK

12. Well mabe not as good as the mclearen, but almost as good.

13. Eff you camaro, skylines would totally whup the ZL1 if you spent some money on them, and the skyline outhandles any american car. Not that i'm criticising American cars, hey, theres no need for handling when you have huge highways. But cruising along a straight line is boring as hell. Anyone can drag a car and go fast, but it takes a good driver to do fast laps on a proper track, and on a track the skyline is king.

14. Yea they could beat teh zl1 if you spent some money on them your totaly right. But you could spend some money on the zl1 and have it go up to 1000+hp. The handeling on the camaro is pretty good, but if you spent money on the handeling it would turn better than this. If you want to talk about something with good handeling look at the c5-r it beat every thing at le-mans. It beat porsches, saleen s7s, vipers, and other cars and it was raining. Also the c5-r could do 0-60 in 3.1sec. almost as fast as this and it does 0-100 in 6.2sec. (don't know the skylines time though) So there you go a great handeling fast American car.

15. The mms 427 firebird could go faster than this. IT has 600+hp. and is naturally aspirated. IT has great handeling to. <!-- Signature -->

16. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from camaro</i>
    <b>The mms 427 firebird could go faster than this. IT has 600+hp. and is naturally aspirated. IT has great handeling to. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Ok I agree that American cars can handle but how good can it handle?

Well from all the magainzines I have read(I am in Australia), evertime there is indication that American cars are Muscle Cars and not true sport cars with the exception of the Z06 and Viper ( tending towards mucle car).

I blieve it in America's culture to build big V8's for its sound, torque power and straight line speed. That is just AMericans style,

Where Europe and Japan have moved far beyond the "Muscle Car" era into cars with not just power but always developing technology to make cars with both power, handling, balance and most of all refinement.

<!-- Signature -->

17. If you want to talk about technology look at gms new v12 that is the size of a v8. That's pretty technological it has the the sound of a muscle car with more power and tourque. Well I have to admit the viper can't handel well, but the zo6 can it out handeled an nsx and a porsche 911. Also the saleen s7 handels very well to(according to the stats). The cobra r handels well, because it has rear indepenent suspension. The lingenfelter 427tt handels well to just as good as the zo6, but faster. The only American cars that aren't for the track are funny cars they have 10,000hp. Look at teh c5-r it has great handeling as well. It beat vipers, saleen s7s, porsches, and other cars in its class. It got a 1-2 finish and the closest car behind it was a saleen s7(it was 39 laps behind it). Did I mention it was raining when they won. So that's very good handeling.<!-- Signature -->

18. I usually don't blast cars and i'll get flamed by some stupid camaro lovers for this, but i doan care. you came on this forum to blast and dang good car, so its ur fault. have u ever sat inside a camaro before? wuts it like, the cheapest hardest plastics, the dash is cracked up after two years, the interior has no styling or personality and it is a cheap piece of junk(as if u didn't know). there's absolutely nothing special about a camaro and ur crazy to even put it in the same ballfield as a Skyline, which is a true supercar from the beginning BONE STOCK, with luxury and quality. funny thing is i'de take the reliability of a well tuned jap motor anyday over soem fat displacement domestic car. the old muscle cars were good, the new ones are crap, cept viper and z06. <!-- Signature -->

19. Where do you get the idea that Vipers can't handle well? Stock vs Stock the Viper can outhandle almost any car on the road unless your a totally inexperienced driver who doesn't know what the limits are.

20. i'm sorry, but in all round endurance tests, most import cars fail miserably as well as us cars and european cars, the only car that lasted the most grueling test given to some of the top cars in the world was the lingenfelter corvette. the mazda rx-7 was the next closest to finishing. skyline may be king of some rings, but the lingenfelter is the king of all!!!

21. Should I be impressed by the ligenfelter which does a 1/4 mile in 9.4, considering street legal civics, can do it in 10.7, well i'm real sorry but if 9.4 is the best that Ligenfelter can tune it ouch, Skylines, supras and Rx-7's can beat the shit out of this car without any problem.

22. Hello, you tits. Your cars might be o.k, but japanese cars kick your arse. All American cars have V8's and they all do 2 miles to the gallon. they look like sheds and drive like them too. As a famous person once said: "All of our imports are from other countries." (Mr.Bush)

And how the hell did you ****heads vote in the retard.

23. yet another forum plagued by people who aren't good are arguing. i am going to break this down as simply as possible.

the camaro zl1 CONCEPT or 1969 model?
    after all a conept is a concept and this car is very real.

camaro you have made statements saying that not all american cars handle badly. this means you have something to prove. immediately the viper gts-r, z06, saleen s7r, GT40, and shelby 427 have been used as examples. those are probably the only examples possible.

le mans prepped vipers have their suspensions ripped out and are replaced with entirely new suspension geometry. end of story.

saleen s7r costs 300k and again is based from a lemans car.

c5r is a lemans car.

gt40 is a lemans car. street legal versions can be purchased but its cost would eclipse the cost of this car and would be invariable 1000 times harder to recreate or find.

427 same as the gt40 except i dont think it raced in lemans.

if camaros and mustangs are so adept at handling then why is it that they aren't used in races where turning exists. why are only the good handling american cars (427sc, gt40, saleen s7r, c5r) used?

i'll make an even better arguement against you. i'm not going to use a european car or japanese car because apparently you have an arguement against them all. therefore i will pit american against american because your obviously biased against foreign cars.

the gt40 is undeniably a good handling car and good at straight line acceleration. (hey euro/jap lovers if you know anything about it you know its good, admit it). now a camaro zl1 out acclerates it in a straight line. would it be sensible to make the post in a gt40 forum. THE CAMARO ZL1 CONCEPT WOULD KILL THIS. or how about in a c5r forum. THE CAMARO ZL! CONCEPT WOULD KILLS THIS. or in a oreca viper forum. MUSTANG BOSS WOULD KILL THIS. no. it would be stupid even you should admit that.

if this car was designed by america i bet more than half of your only american car lovers would use this as a prime example for speed and handling.

why can't people get over a name and look at the facts. 850 horsepower 213 mph. of course you can go faster. you can always go faster. that's the beauty of cars. in my mind 850 hp and 200+mph is just a great car devoid of WELL A JET ROCKET COULD BEAT THIS type comment.

24. #24 I AM GOD, Aug 10, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Hey Blaze! Those are very stupid comments! Every damn car at the LeMans is always a tad bit better than what you can buy from the dealership! So don't go picking on the American cars, about how they tear out the suspension and shit! They all do that!
    Next off, the ZL-1 is a concept? Only on this site! This car is showroom worthy but alot of concepts are only look no see! But if you clicked on my link above you'll see the ZL-1 "Concept" run a 9.55! Seeing is believing my friend! And your posts are about as biased as someone saying "My Corvette is better than this" All cars are great, especially this Skyline, but it's funny how you make our ZL-1 out to look like it doesn't exist! You can build the ZL-1 and you can buy a ZL-1 with a LS-6 basically a Z06 in a Camaro body! Here I'll provide the links for you....

Click this link to watch the ZL-1 run a 9.5!
    http://www.fast-autos.net/chevrolet/camarozl1videos.html

Buy the ZL-1 Big Block from this company.

http://www.sallee-chevrolet.com/ChevyBareBlockStandardDeckBigBlockV8s/12370850.html

GMMG a company much like SLP they dropped an LS6 in a camaro it's a ZL-1 good for over 400hp! Check out the BlackBird too!

http://www.gmmginc.net/html/zl1_camaro.html

What's my point? You can call things concepts all you want, but the fact of the matter is the ZL-1 is a very real car, and just like this Blitz only a very, and I mean very selective few on this, but both are project cars from independent companies! GM didn't build the ZL-1 and neither did Nissan with the blitz! These are not stock cars gentlemen. To call something concept, is what the actual companies themselves use, both of these sweet ass cars became projects and both are very buildable starting from the engines themselves! Just be careful what you say when you use the word Concept! I know SC.NET calls the ZL-1 concept but it's entirely independent from GM!<!-- Signature -->

25. very stupid comments? i hardly think so basically since you only criticized about one sentence out of my two paragraph post. first of all i was unaware that you could purchase the zl1 so i am wrong. i will give you that. i will direct your attention to my post you will be fully aware that i like quite a few american cars if you will.

the comment about american cars having their suspenions ripped is due to this simple fact. my point about american cars having their suspensions ripped out for lemans was basically to state (this is only for vipers yall) the vette is a good handling car (i have to give it props). my meaning was to convey the fact that when you make horsepower adjustments you must make suspension adjustments for it to handle well.

now if you will read the rest of my post you will also see the length i go about people posting such forums because obviously according to camaro or the poster of hte forum the zl1 is a shitty car because (OMFG!!!! THE NEW LINGENFELTER VETTE OUTDOES IT IN THE QUARTER MILE). this is the main thing i was trying to get at. i hardly think my post was biased in any fashiion and if there was any misunderstanding this post should clear it up.

by the way the zl1 is a fast car. do you think it could outhandle this though? 9.55 is a posted on drag slicks and i dont think you could use drag slicks in every day driving right.if you strapped some slicks to this blitz it would undoubtedly go a lot faster.