Re: sledgehammer vs. 800tt vs. 427tt please answer.

Discussion in '1988 Callaway Sledgehammer Corvette' started by 2003 ss R, Aug 9, 2002.

1. sledgehammer vs. 800tt vs. 427tt please answer.

I think the 427tt would beat both of them, because it has better handeling, acceleration, and topspeed. The 427 can do 0-60 in 1.4sec and a topspeed of 240 or higher.

2. If anyone's out there please answer.

3. ure stupid this is 1988 who cares what ppl think of it. it was made for speed not racing its stored somewhere in chevy/callaway garage in a showcase filled with laser beamers haha at last thats what i wud do if i got my hands on one of em. <!-- Signature -->

4. uhhhhhhhhhhhhh.........
    This has a top speed of 254.7, and i think that beats the 240 of the ling. I would take the ling. though because it probably handles better and it shure as hell looks better.
    P.S- build the damn tiger shark (you know what im talking about)<!-- Signature -->

5. Yeah, in a road course race, the 427 would probably win do to its new handling and incredible acceleration. But on a nice long stretch of road, this would overtake the 427 if my estimation on that top speed is right (probably around 240). Have a nice day.<!-- Signature -->

6. On the 1/4 mile the 427TT would winn because of better aceleration.

1/4 mile 427TT 9.24sec @ 150.27mph
    1/4 mile Sledghammer 10.6sec @ ? mph<!-- Signature -->

7. The Sledge will out accelerate it, considering they didn't use drag tires in a top speed test. The 427 will out perform it on a street race, simply because 10 years of technology will have improved. But then again, in the 60's the GT40 had superb handling, and I wouldn't be suprised if that could out perform the 427 in a street race.<!-- Signature -->

8. doubting the corvette? u #$%#s can suck my ass

9. the 427 is fast i would take it on a road course but at the drag strip it would be close between the sledge and the 427 if they were both using drag slicks.the sledge actually runs 10.06 (sc.net has a typo) with street tires.the 427 runs 9.24 and did someone mention a viper oh ok i forgot it was getting its ass kicked every where.and speaking of the venom 800 did you know it was supposed to be in a supertuner challenge it showed up but it broke and didn't run oh well the lingenfelter 650 won that competition.<!-- Signature -->

10. if they had the original engine on this... (illegal version or drag race version) then u wud definitly not go near it... with the power it had.. itd be breaking the record pl have with their ricey burnin rockets today

11. probably cud break dauer (lemans) record too

12. 427TT WOULD WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. The 800tt does 0-60mph in 2.7secs!!

14. Screw them both i got a good one.

15. Screw ur Jap cars. American cars would crush ur pewny cars in an heartbeat

16. Nice going with your Corvette. Too bad though that 6000 hp would only equal to about 450 mph. Simple mathematics.

17. ya because they're heavy and full of shit