Re: SS beats any mustang

Discussion in '2001 Chevrolet Camaro SS Coupe' started by 32684Fast, Aug 9, 2002.

1. SS beats any mustang

Mustangs are wayyyyyyy overated and a SS would kick stan ass any time!!

2. Yeah. I can't believe anyone would buy a mustang gt when, for a couple thousand more, you could buy this car which looks a lot better and is faster. <!-- Signature -->

3. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from PecoTiLS4154</i>
    <b>Mustangs are wayyyyyyy overated and a SS would kick stan ass any time!!
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Really? so how about the 2003 svt cobra with 390 bhp and does 0-60 in 4.5. what does this do it in? a second slower at 5.5. and how about the mustang outselling the camaro and firebird combined and now they are no longer going to sell the camaro and firebird. dont get me wrong i think the camaro is a very nice car but dont say that it can beat any mustang. i too would take an SS over a Mustang GT, but the GT was meant to take on the Z28, which it matches pretty well. <!-- Signature -->

4. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ProStud</i>
    <b>Yeah. I can't believe anyone would buy a mustang gt when, for a couple thousand more, you could buy this car which looks a lot better and is faster. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Mustang gt $22,000
    Camaro ss $32,000

I'd say a price difference of $10,000 is a big f^cking difference their moron.

5. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from American HP</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ProStud</i>
    <b>Yeah. I can't believe anyone would buy a mustang gt when, for a couple thousand more, you could buy this car which looks a lot better and is faster. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Mustang gt $22,000
    Camaro ss $32,000

I'd say a price difference of $10,000 is a big f^cking difference their moron. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

well if you really want good stuff in a GT you gotta spend around $26,000 and the base price for the SS is $30,000 and if you add luxury features to that it gets to around $34,000 so yeah the GT is still alot cheaper anyway<!-- Signature -->

6. does the SVT Cobra R ring a bell?? just think of a nice two seater mustang with around 390 hp, that can compete with the Chevrolet Corvette Z06.

7. Sad, im a Camaro person and some of these people suporting Camaros are by comparing the wrong cars are morons.

Yes the 03 Cobra will be the new King on the strip. It is faster on the strip than a Camaro SS. Thought not a full second to 60 or to the 1/4 mile. The Cobra is real nice car.

And a real comparison to the GT would be a Camaro Z28 which costs around the same. In this comparison the Z28 is quite a bit faster than th GT.

8. How do people make such outrageous claims. I swear man, I think the SS is badass, but I would rather spend the 22 grand on a mustang gt and put 10 grand into the engine. Which would make it destroy any camaro you could put against it (to a certain point). Mustangs can take so much more engine enhancement than camaros that its ridiculous. Am I mistaken?

9. Yes, you are. You would not go out and buy a GT, then spend 10k on mods. I would much rather buy a Z28 for near the same price and leave it stock until the warrenty expired. Only then would I do anything to it and I wouldn't start with the engine. Here is where I start dreaming.....I would throw on a good set of drag tires, upgrade to a little bit of 1LE suspension, stall converter if auto, weight strip, new exhaust, new intake. Only then would I break into the engine, and anything I did would be mild. I wouldn't want anymore than 420 RWHP to keep the car balanced.

And no, there is no "rediculous" difference in the tunability between the two cars.

10. How about a Cobra R, I have a video of one kicking the shit out of a Z06, and I'm pretty sure that if a Cobra eats a Z06 it could rape the SS too, so what's this talk about Mustangs being slow?

11. do you guys ever read auto magazines??? of course the camaro and firebird are out of business, because of the "affordability" of the mustang. have you also noticed the sharp increase in "stang" prices after the death of the f-body? by the way, did you also know that ford designs and markets its' staple pony car to FEMALES??? and GM created a car to show off their design superiority in the form of a 5.0L 302 c.i. camaro with na 410+ horsepower!!! that's right boys, if you want more car you have to pay more money!!! so "PONY-UP" stang boys and buy a real car that will spend the majority of its life on the road and not in the shop!!!... by the way... the new svt is a descent car.

12. Was the Z06 driver in a Coma? The Z06 beats Cobra R's.

13. Ya I think you're right, the Z06 vs. Cobra video is where the Cobra beats the 2001 Z06, my bad. Plus I wouldn't mind owning a Mustang or a Camaro.

14. Probably, if we knew who Stan was...

15. Biased and narrow minded opinion from an immature and chilish person.

16. Really? I purchased a 1997 Z28 Camaro for $10k with 27,000 miles on it.
    I then supercharged it. Along with some other minor upgrades: Exhaust, Chip, Plug Wires, etc. I run it at Bandimere Speedway up in the rocky mountains. Elevation somewhere around 5,200ft. My best run so far is a 13.9 @ 103mph. I have yet to find a mustang that can beat me. That includes the new 03 & 04 Cobras. This entire set-up cost me under $15,000 bucks. Its a Fact CAMAROS ARE FASTER THAN MUSTANGS! I don't perfer one over the other. They are both great cars. Camaro's are just a little better.