Re: SS Camaro Vs. Trans Am Ram Air Vs. SVT Cobra

Discussion in '2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra' started by Lee Iacocca, Aug 9, 2002.

1. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Ferrari550GT</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from atlkid123</i>
    <b>you know what else is funny chevy has to have a bigger motor to get the same power that ford does out of a smaller motor and plus the
    LS-1 isn't even a true dual exhaust thats really totally sad....so once again ford wins....and if mustangs suck that bad then why are they some much more popular than camaros and trans ams...think about it and just wait till 04' when those cobra R's come out they're gonna blow the z06 and any camaro or corvette or trans am out of the water just like the 00' cobra r did

peace </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> your true about the no real dual exhaust but ford needs superchargers to get horspower now thats pathetic i know this has more hp than the z06 but the z06 is naturally aspirated and has only 5 less hp. and the new cobra might be fast and might have a lot of hp but it will also cost the cost of a porsche</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    your funny yea they have a supercharger so what...that means nothing ford can remake the 351's and still blow chevy out of the water and i'll admit that ford should quit making the 289 because its to small but all these people are talkin about oh put a supercharger on a 5.7L or course you'll get more horse power and yea so ford put a supercharger on the car no one cares ford could easily get 390 out of that 289 we have a 66' with 400 horsepower so don't even talk you stupid f***

2. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Ferrari550GT</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from atlkid123</i>
    <b>you know what else is funny chevy has to have a bigger motor to get the same power that ford does out of a smaller motor and plus the
    LS-1 isn't even a true dual exhaust thats really totally sad....so once again ford wins....and if mustangs suck that bad then why are they some much more popular than camaros and trans ams...think about it and just wait till 04' when those cobra R's come out they're gonna blow the z06 and any camaro or corvette or trans am out of the water just like the 00' cobra r did

peace </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> your true about the no real dual exhaust but ford needs superchargers to get horspower now thats pathetic i know this has more hp than the z06 but the z06 is naturally aspirated and has only 5 less hp. and the new cobra might be fast and might have a lot of hp but it will also cost the cost of a porsche</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Since when does a Porsche cost $29,000? Maybe that new POS Cayenne or whatever the hell their first SUV is.

Also might want to adjust your math there Ferrari, Legend (Moderator here and long time Chevy fan) says the true HP output of this new Cobra is NOT 390, but 420. Which even further increases the new Cobra's bang per buck over the Corvette.<!-- Signature -->

3. prove it, where ca you find the true hp of this car being 420, huh? find it, prove it, show us the link.

I think that whoever said that is smoking too much pot

4. #54 84FordMan, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from bigrob</i>
    <b>prove it, where ca you find the true hp of this car being 420, huh? find it, prove it, show us the link.

I think that whoever said that is smoking too much pot</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

http://www.supercars.net/Msg?viewThread=true&bottom=16&forumID=2&threadID=78543

My proof is the fact a Chevy fan is saying that a Ford Mustang has more horse power than what it is rated for. When was the last time you saw something like that?<!-- Signature -->

5. LS1 engines are so tuned down it is not even funny, the LS1 has alot more potential than the 4.6. the 4.6 is a nice engine and all with decent power but its for the modest street racer, the supercharger is a quick fix, its fords choice to have the 4.6 in the same cars class as the camaro which has a 5.7, and it is the same class vehicle, v8/RWD/2-door etc, . . . the only reason mustangs outsell is because there are so many damn v6 models sold to chics who think they are "CUTE" give me a break,