Re: SS has nothing on the 03 Cobra

Discussion in '2001 Chevrolet Camaro SS Coupe' started by JESTERFIELD, Aug 9, 2002.

1. As far as im concerned Bill ford can stick his company up his ass.I have respect for a mustang but hey come on every teen age weenie and girl in this city has one with a cheap ass exaust system and "PhAt RiMz" or however they say it and top it off its not even fast so save your money and buy an F-body.

2. DAMN STRAIT!!!

You especially see those damn focus's and V6 stangs literally everywhere.

3. It's funny, I see just as many Camaros like that as I do Mustangs.

4. I don't understand how that constitutes as cheating. Put 5.7 litres of displacement in a Mustang and it will eat Camaros for breakfast. I've had experience in a Mustang, my father used to own a '00 GT, the 3.8l v6 version, and I mean you could really feel the power. One more thing, look at the displacement on the Camaro, it's freakin 5.7l!!! That's huge, a Z06 pumps out 405 bhp, but unfortunatly the Camaro does only 325 bhp, sad isn't it?

5. well, with the extra $5000 your would spend on that cobra, take an SS and put a vortech supercharger under the hood, and poof, 450+ HP. AMAZING. Hell, use a Z28, 420+ HP, who got bigger huevos now!

6. They put 5.8's in Mustangs.

You felt the power of the v6 Mustang? I guess he turned the a\c off.

5.7 isn't big at all, just as 4.6 isn't small. The Camaro Z pumps out what 310 to the wheels compared to the GT with it's 260.

7. Whoever posted the comment that the camaro SS has nothing on the 03 mustang is completely ignorant. The plain fact that there is no 03 camaros ss justifies that this person is a complete moron, nontheless, if GM had continued investing in this vehicle, im sure it would have still dominated this comparison considering it has for the majority of both the cars history.

Enjoy the little time the mustang has of glory until the next generation camaro returns

8. And if you put a Vortech supercharger in a NA cobra it will have 464 HP so got you beat either way.

9. Ok 300 made a year is a reason to want it. Why do you think Ferrari can charge 680,000 for a car that goes 0-60 in 3.6 seconds.

The Cobra R is fast. Faster than any SS 0-60 in 4.7 buddy. NA tuned

10. Your beast what is it, a Camaro? Probably a Z28 huh? Cant afford the SS? Either way can it go 0-60 in 4.3 seconds? Didnt think so well the "shity" Ford Mustang can.

So i guess the only thing Mustang got on your Beast is exhaust fumes.

11. Wow, its become apparent to me that most of you are ignorant wankers who really dont know very much about cars at all and are fueled by unjustified and immature hatred for another brand.Are you sure that you really have a problem with the (Mustang/Camaro/Corvette/Ricers) or are you just trying to fit in?Lol grow up and learn about the cars you bash or go back to playing video games all day you posers

12. True, thats why the camaro is dead like all other dinosours... and the fact is that the engine ford used is more advanced, 4.6L v8 DOHC(S) vs 5.7L v8 OHV ( pushrod ). Over 1000cc's smaller lol. And of course the cobra will eat the camaro for breakfast.. cant leave that out hehe..

13. ummmm the wonderful pinto? we are all aware that pintos burst into flames when they got rearended because of fords "cost cutting" design for the car

14. Ummm think about this, the cobra, ok that car is not to be compared to the camaro but to the vette, ok, and the vette has 405 hp so just shut yo mouth

15. Dont talk if you own 80's toyotas either

16. Supercharge the camaro and it would rape the crap out of the mustang. Not only that but as of now the ss has about the same 0-60 time as the supercharged mustang.

17. By the way what is the top speed of the new cobra it cant be that fast the old one toppred out at 149 and the SS unsupercharged alreadyu topped out at 160 so that says it.

18. you do know that V6 mustangs aren't GT's right?
    and that V6 mustangs have less torque and the same horsepower as a new monte carlo SS
    i also know from experience (i was in the passenger seat , i would never drive a sunfire) you can beat V6 mustangs in a pontiac sunfire
    i felt bad for the guys driving the mustang
    i just wanna see if my 4000 lbs caddilac can beat them now hahahahaha

19. actually the 2000 Cobra could only get down to 4.5 seconds and in case you were tlaking about the new one that supercharged 2003 can just barely get it under 5 at 4.9 seconds (Fords and MotorTrends numbers)

20. damn right, camaro cant even touch a new cobra. too bad camaros are though, wait no, camaros suck, fords all the way.

21. ow that i know more numbers on the mustang on the camaro forum does n e body have the ss's numbers (1/4, hp, 0-60,0-100)

22. Ummm think about this, the cobra, ok that car is not to be compared to the camaro but to the vette, ok, and the vette has 405 hp so just shut yo mouth ...................
    TO THE PERSON THAT WROTE THAT....UR A STUPID IDIOT...HOW MUCH WOULD IT COST TO WALK OF A LOT WITH A Z06? 55,000...WELL IDIOT..U CAN GET A 03 COBRA FOR UNDER 35,000..AND ITS BARRRRRRRRELY SLOWER. SO IN OTHER WORDS...UR STUPID, AND U HAVE NO CLUE WHAT UR TALKING ABOUT...UR TOO BUSY HAVING SEX WITH GM TO KNOW WHATS GOIN ON AROUND U. I AM A HUGE MUSTANG FAN, BUT DO NOT HATE GM AT ALL, I DO LIKE CAMAROS. BUT THIS IS THE WAY IT IS: THE 03 COBRA OWNS EVERYONE OF GM'S CARS ON THE ROAD. YES THE CORVETTE IS SLIGHTLY FASTER..BUT COST $20,000 MORE. AND YOU IDIOTS NEED TO SHUT UP ABOUT .."WHAT IF THE CAMARO SUPERCHARGED THEIR CARS, THEY'D KILL MUSTANGS" WELL U KNOW WHAT...THEY DIDNT~!!!!!!! AND CAMAROS AND FIREBIRDS WERE DISCONTINUED BECUASE THERE WAS NO MARKET FOR THEM!! NOBODY WANTED A CAR WITH THE UGLIEST INTERIOR EVER MADE...TOTALLY OUTDATED CHEAP AND TACKY. DONT GET ME WRONG, I DO LIKE CAMAROS..BUT MUSTANGS ARE BETTER OVERALL, AND THEY SURE LOOK A HELL OF A LOT BETTER.

23. and another thing.........to all u coc suckers that say that ford cheated for putting a supercharger in it...ur really lame and desperate for excuses. i'll elaborate: when u save money to sup up a car....u think in ur head..."i wish i had $3000 so i could put a blower under my hood" well morons....ford recognized that, that is what people are doing to maker their cars faster. so now the 03 cobra is supercharged and its still covered by warrenty. not to mention the cost is included in the monthly car payment so u dont have to save up and then drop $3000 all at once on a supercharger. ford did an excellent job at acknoweldging what their customers wanted and giving us a car that runs in the 12's for only 35,000...but hey...u could have gotton a 32,000 camaro ss that is literally a WHOLE SECOND SLOWER in the 1/4 mile than the cobra. ITs also like saying that "well...the camaro put a 5.7L LS1 under their hood and the mustang only has 4.6L...so GM cheated"....BULLSHIT i just cant stand how people hate ford or hate gm...they are american guys...u should be proud of them, i love both companys...and obviously both have their pluses and minuses...but u should be happy that they are competing...cuz if they werent...gm could just stick a 2.5L 200hp engine in a car and say that its the best since nobody is competing with it. im very glad that there is competition for american muscle becuase all they are gonna do is keep producing awesome cars...which is what we all really want right??? plus people will buy american cars instead of foreign crap. so seriously guys...shut the %&*$ UP!!!

24. P.S. (to all you camaro ENTHUSIATS that stick ur wankers in ur tailpipes every day and refuse to acknowledge that mustang is honestly a good car....).......JUST REMEMBER......if the mustang had NEVER been made....the camaro/firebird would NEVER have gotton its ass PULLED off the assembly line....