Re: The 18/4 engine doesn't exists...

Discussion in '2000 Bugatti 18/4 Veyron Concept' started by deuginthesky, Aug 9, 2002.

1. The 18/4 engine doesn't exists...

What does 18/4 means ?

18 cylinders made of 4 engines .Has anybody ever seen a 4.5 cylinders engine ????
    This mistake from supercar is unbelievable !!

the VW/Bugatti engines are :
    VR4 (VW)
    VR6 (VW)
    W8 = 2 VR4 (VW)
    W12 = 2 VR6 (VW)
    W16 = 2 VR8 (Bugatti)
    W18 = 3 VR6 (Bugatti)

2. I think the 18/4 means 18 cylinder engine with 4 valves per cylinder.<!-- Signature -->

3. Yea i think your right. . .18 cylinders with 4 valves per cylinder. . .I dont no how that would look though

4. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Flyferrari550</i>
    <b>Yea i think your right. . .18 cylinders with 4 valves per cylinder. . .I dont no how that would look though</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Yeah, now I'm totally sure about that. Car companys never ever mention the number of engines in its model name. The number of valves, the numbers of cylinders or its engine capacity are mentioned sometimes. So i'm sure about the 4 vlaves per cylinder.<!-- Signature -->

5. The 18/4 is probably 3 VR6s mounted to one common crankshaft.

Below is a comparison of an inline four, a V6 and a VR6. The one on the end is the VR6.<!-- Signature -->

6. I think the 18/4 engine means 18 cylinder in 4 parts, making the W<!-- Signature -->

7. how can there be 4 parts?
    As someone said, the engine is 3 parts, which includes 3 6-cylinder engines.<!-- Signature -->

8. sorry, mistaken it for the 16/4 veyron<!-- Signature -->

9. 16/4 means 16 cylinders, with 4 valves per cylinder. The 18/4 has 18 cylinders, with 4 valves per cylinder, and the 18/3 is a similar config., but with only 3 valves.<!-- Signature -->

10. yes it means 18 cylinders with 4 valves per cylinder thats what its a 72 valve engine and 18 times 4 = guess what 72

11. yea really, it is, its 2 rows of 4 and 2 rows of 5, evenly placed to look somewhat like this from an arial view

= =
    - = = -
    - = = -
    - = = -
    - = = -

and from the side

\ /\ /
    = =
    creating 18 cylinders, just use your brain dude, its' not that complicated
    <!-- Signature -->

12. i have seen pictures of this engine it is completly real all of those people that think this doesnt exisist can go [email protected]#@ them selfs.

13. 18/3=4.5

You can;t have half a cylinder. Well you can, it just wouldn't work. 18 cylinders, 4 valves to each cylinder. Nowhere dows it say it's W18 engine. It's probably configured like this: \|/ which is kind of a W, but not as much as this: \/\/ .

14. 18/4 simply means that there are 18 cylinders in 4 banks.. which paves the way for quad-turbos like in the 16.4 veyron concept

Volkswagon's new W formation consists of 2 V engines side by side, making a much shorter engine that is just a little bit wider and creates a crapload of torque. The new VW luxury car or what have you has a W8 which is as long as a normal v6, and only a little bit wider, but creates more torque than the average v8 of a similar size, it's really a very good way of doing it.. but i bet you if you broke the crank on a W engine, your gonna have to mortgage your house to get a new one

(VW owns bugatti)

15. OH OHH OHH i cant believe thiss
    he he hee
    u ass
    The 18/4 Engine meens:
    4 Valves per Cylinder its a 72 Valves engine
    NOT
    4.5 Cylinders per Engine!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    What a MORON!!!

16. OH OHH OHH i cant believe thiss
    he he hee
    u ass
    The 18/4 Engine meens:
    4 Valves per Cylinder its a 72 Valves engine
    NOT
    4.5 Cylinders per Engine!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    What a MORON!!!

17. This car won't go into production, the 16/4 Veyron will...

18. 18/4 means 18 cylinders with 4 valves each, not in 4 rows as everybody seems to think. The 16/4 could mean 16 cylinders in rows of 4 but it doesn't.

19. 4.5 times 18=81
    4 times 18=72 heheheh

20. Oh ohh ohhh well dont get carried away Veyron wont have only 1 engine !!!It will have 1001,630=both 16/4 and 550 18/4.

21. Quote from vacanyols "axctually I dont know if you noticed but its not 3 engines.. in that case its a 18/3 veyron or chiron you talking about... this is a weird concept and its cause its an 18 / 4!! conccept ..but dont try to divide 18 into 14 cause it wont work.. think about it this way... the fiat coupe turbo... has 20 valves.. why??cause its a V5 engine... I hope you understand that ...it makes posible to build 18 cilinders in 4 blocks as stated in the title of this post..

so you can have 2 v5 engines and 2 v4 engine..

=O=O=O=O
    O=O=O=O=O
    O=O=O=O=O
    =O=O=O=O

THIS IS A NICE LAYOUT OF A POSIBLE CILINDER FORMATION (overlooked)
    now..I set the bigger blocks in the middles cause they probably fit better since the sides is near the tires wich are already big azz tires :p"

ther you have it

22. judging from the pictures it looks like 3 straight 6's next to each other. If you think about it this formation would be better than any other. i think it must be something like this:
    0-0-0-0-0-0-
    -0-0-0-0-0-0
    0-0-0-0-0-0-
    From the front it must look something like this: \|/
    Thats the only way the can have an equal number of cylinders on all banks. Therefore the enginge is balanced and compact. Sounds like the answer to me anyway! :S

23. There are 18 cylinder's, 4 valve's each which means 4x18=72, get it? Now I am going to type this cause I hate posting one sentence wonders!!!

24. well i think we had already established that it was 72valve considering its been said about 10 times. but thanks for reminding us anyway. 72 Valve 18 Cylinders. Nuff Said!!!