Re: The 2002' z06 Vette will kick this car's ass

Discussion in '2002 BMW M3 GTR Straßenversion' started by M5E39, Aug 9, 2002.

1. well to your reply i have a 96 toyota supra with twin turbo at 1.2 bar or 23 lbs of boost witch translates into 611hp to the tiers so any time you want to race im ready sorry bucko i would eat you alive and as far as vets go ya there head turners but thats about it they have no comfert and only fair styling they were made on the basis of pure sports car with the m3 you have the best of both worlds i would like to see a vet go around a race track with 4 adults in it cant be done thats where the m3 shines it has one of the best looks there is out there and not only that you can bring your family along for the
    0-60 ride in 4.8 sec try that with a vet the reason bmw takes so long to build and cost so much to sell is because they take the time to go over every little thing in the car and make it perfect alls they do with vets is mold a body and slap it on a frame and a engin what im trying to say is the vet and the standerd m3 are 2 totaly differnt cars but the m3 is more bang for you buck. as far as the $225 thos
    price tag on the gtr goes ya i know thats a bit steep for like 92% of america alls bmw was trying to do is show how good they could put together a car that you can drive back and forth to work with and then take it to the track on the weekends and beat just about every body out there if not every body as far as every day driveing cars go oh and you can write me back if ya want to

2. corvette was thinking about making a car similar to their c5-r back in 2001. the car would have been priced around $200,000-300,000. i guess the reason they did not make the car (or as to my knowledge they did not make the car)is because there would not be much demand for a 200,000+ corvette. the reason bmw is making this car is so the m3 gtr (which is their race car in the american lemans seriers) would meet requirements by the amls. the engine found in the m3gtr is made by the bmw motorsports division that makes the v10 found in the williams/bmw f1 car (which many believed to be the best f1 engine in 2001). bmw does not use this v8 in any street car so they needed to put it in a street car to meet regulations. the result is this hefty priced but track ready m3.
    I guess the answer is that no, the 2002 corvette will not kick this cars butt. yes it is a hell of a lot cheaper but these particular two cars are in two different leagues( one racing and one street). the m3 gtr costs 300,000 and i think you will find that the corvette c5-r is around the same price. dont compare race cars to street cars and just look at the price and ignore the fact that a race car would destroy the street car on the track.

3. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from dayungmac</i>
    <b>A couple of days ago there were not that many replies as to what this idiot had to say. But over the past little while I have been watching to make sure that this idiot was put i his place. There is not a single true German car that can be beat by any "equivalent" (the qutations are there because to say that there is an American car equivalent to a German one is crazy) American piece of shit. German cars are marvels of engineering. They have class, power, and they do exactly what they are supposed to. No unscheduled craziness like American cars. Anyway, i just want to thank everyone who agrees that German cars are amazing, and tell you "Mr. American car guy" that you are very gay.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

You're right , US cars just can't hold the road !!!
    Is there any big luxury car maker in the US ? No

Germans , Italians and English are the singles in the World able to build luxurious and fast cars , it's the hard truth

4. hey did any of you read the motor trend where they compared the 2001 m3 zo6 and the boxter s. the m3 came in a close second behind the zo6. in some events they tied. no imagine that m3 500lbs lighter, 100 more hp, a better suspension, better gearing and speed shifting. now there is no contest on who will win. i like most cars so not puting down the corvette(which is a great amercian sports car) but the m3 gtr would kick this cars ass

5. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from carlover22</i>
    <b>hey did any of you read the motor trend where they compared the 2001 m3 zo6 and the boxter s. the m3 came in a close second behind the zo6. in some events they tied. no imagine that m3 500lbs lighter, 100 more hp, a better suspension, better gearing and speed shifting. now there is no contest on who will win. i like most cars so not puting down the corvette(which is a great amercian sports car) but the m3 gtr would kick this cars ass</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Agreed<!-- Signature -->

6. just to let u know the vette c5r laps this piece of junk in le mans and petit lemans on speedvision.

7. what the hell is wrong with all the americans....their cars suck....they have shit engines...shit handeling....shit interiors....shit styling....if your gona make a shit car then its gona be cheep and thats the only area where the american peices of shit win....price....

i duno what your thinkin when u say that a vette could beat the M3 GTR.....the beemer is developed from a race car....its realli light weight and has over 400bhp....i dont think it will handle too bad either....

8. hahahahaha. with a bigger engine and more power the Z06 gets still gets better fuel economy than a BMW. and a vette looks WAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY better than a box like a BMW.

9. THE VETTE IS THA BIGGEST PIECE OF CRAP IN THA WORLD!!!! AKA UR MAMMA

10. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Z06 power</i>
    <b>hahahahaha. with a bigger engine and more power the Z06 gets still gets better fuel economy than a BMW. and a vette looks WAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY better than a box like a BMW.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

BMW box, bmw box!?!?!? WTF!? If you want to argue and compare boxy looks, then compare 80's bimmer (not that boxy) to the present-day chevys. Styling seems way behind...<!-- Signature -->

11. hey peeps lets stop ripping on the vette for like 2min damn!! even though the m3 would rape the vette. the vette is still a pretty decent car. its the poor mans performance car. your not gonna find anything much better for 47k. unless you get an older viper or something!!

12. whoever started this forum is a retard.

the Z06 would be a normal STOCK M3.... this is true... but i would still take an M3 over a Z06 cuz it's an all around better car.
    Trying to compare a Z06 to the Strassenversion is #$%#ing like comparing a pinto to a ferrari.

This BMW is incredible hundreds of pounds lighter than the normal M3, with a v8 under the hood adding another 120 hores!

This thing would spank a vette all day long, in a straight line, on a track, and on a road trip.

This BMW is a TRUE supercar.... it's just a little pricy... that's what you get when u use carbon fibre.....

in any case this thing would destroy a vette. and if u don't think so ur not allowed to write any more posts cuz ur a retard...

<!-- Signature -->

13. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from waddi</i>
    <b>what the hell is wrong with all the americans....their cars suck....they have shit engines...shit handeling....shit interiors....shit styling....if your gona make a shit car then its gona be cheep and thats the only area where the american peices of shit win....price....

i duno what your thinkin when u say that a vette could beat the M3 GTR.....the beemer is developed from a race car....its realli light weight and has over 400bhp....i dont think it will handle too bad either....</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Dude you are so FuCkin dum, do you think that everyone can afford a 40,000 dollar bmw with leather interiors. Why do you think they make cheap ass cars, because NOT ALL people can afford a BMW. If the american companys would start making all their car like the BMW, the price of them would go up (Dum ASS), and they would lose major business. But then again you sound like some stuck up *****, who doesn't realize that not everyone can afford cars like these. Its called matrketing, Shit for brains. Also while this car could beat the zo6, it also cost 250,000 dollars, hahahahah what a joke. The z06 only cost 50,000 and has 405 hp and weights 3,115 Lb 0-60 3.9 sec, the 2003 model is going to have 425 hp. Its obvious the best car for the money is the z06 so stop bashing it you FAgs. Why not compare this to the 2003 GT40 or the Viper Hu? Oh yes because they are American cars that will kill this car in a race. Also they only cost around $100,000 not $250,000 (ahahahah). Also for the price of what this cost, it would not even Rape a z06 like one you #%$S put it. It would be a very close race. People who say that Shit , dont know any thing about the z06 and it shows...

14. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from z28infront</i>
    <b>Any time a German car is fast it's price is three times higher than the other American car in it's class. THE z06 VETTE!!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

You make a good point, as well as a bad point. Yes high performance German cars are much pricier than American cars. But No the Z06 can NOT kick this things ass.

15. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from westcoasthonda</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from z28infront</i>
    <b>Any time a German car is fast it's price is three times higher than the other American car in it's class. THE z06 VETTE!!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

You make a good point, as well as a bad point. Yes high performance German cars are much pricier than American cars. But No the Z06 can NOT kick this things ass. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

All I have to say is , for five times the cost of a Z06 it better win, but it wont even win by much (ahahha). Who ever pays 5 times more for this car than a z06, is either very rich, or a complete Dum ASs.

16. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Z06 power</i>
    <b>hahahahaha. with a bigger engine and more power the Z06 gets still gets better fuel economy than a BMW. and a vette looks WAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY better than a box like a BMW.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Feul economy??? don't make me laugh. I hardly call 19/28 EPA for the Z06 feul economy. The Z06 was rated very poor for reliability, while the M3 was rated above avg. in the yearly publishing of Consumer Reports auto magazine. The M3 has better handling in all weather conditions, is the everyday driver, has luxury, technology, and better braking than the Vette. And best of all it's a BMW made engine; the finest in the World. The Z06 is nice, but its no M3.<!-- Signature -->

17. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 69</i>
    <b>hell yeah!! it would, this m3 is 230,000 if you fix up the z06
    with this much...

all you europeans are just jellows because we won't let you in our country. #%$ots!!!

</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

But I'm sure the Z06 wouldn't handle as well, and I'm sure your precious Z06 can run nines with all the money you saved up from NOT buying the M3 GT-R. But, Did you Z06'ers know that an S2000 (that runs 14's) runs all over a Z06 Vette on the track? Sure the Vette creamed it on the straights, but the S2000 beat it because it handles better, and Honda specializes in Front-wheel's! Now compare the S2000 to the M3 GT-R, or even the regular M3. An regular M3 can do the same thing with that much money. Plus, have you seen the stats on the reliability of the Corvette? <!-- Signature -->

18. z28infront = geek. these cars aren't even in the same class. <!-- Signature -->

19. Yeah right. Like I always say, Yugos are cheaper than real cars.<!-- Signature -->

20. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from z28infront</i>
    <b>Any time a German car is fast it's price is three times higher than the other American car in it's class. THE z06 VETTE!!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->How the hell do you figure? This car is lighter and has more HP.<!-- Signature -->

21. God....

I feel about 40 I.Q. points stupider. After reading all this crap and heresy, there were a few good points made, but nothing niec to say.

Here, why don't I compare a few things without prejudice.

First, the ZO6 is more farely compared to the regular M3. In tests done, the ZO6 was declared the winner in performance. Some will argue that the M3 is definately closely matched when it come to selecting one to buy when they are in the market. Each has great everyday drivability, and each has its differences. The M3 is a 2 dr. coupe that seats 5, a great high revving I6, and has great amenities and prestige. The ZO6 is a 2 seater, with a throaty small block V8, long history, and it also has some nice amenities. Most won't say it touches the M3's though.

As for the ZO6 vs. the M3 GTR Strassenversion, shit ain't no competition. GTRs stats have better power-to-weight. 'nuff said.

The Corvette Tigershark concept would destroy the GTRs if it ever made production. But no ifs about it, There is no production Vette that could hang with it.

As for the race cars, the C5-R and M3 GTR, the C5-R does lap the M3 GTR, but they can't be compared because they are different classes. The C5-R is clearly faster, since it is in the higher class race. The C5-R is in the GT2 class which has Vipers, Saleens, Moslers, etc... The M3 GTR was in the GT class which they raced 911 GT3's, Camaros, etc. I say was, meaning they won't be racing in 2002. AMLS forced BMW to produce more of the Strassenversions, or they would take more restricters on the race car. After testing the M3 GTR's with the restrictions, they concluded not to race.<!-- Signature -->

22. That might be!
    But have in mind that the US cars are not that cheap in Europe (especially not in Norway where you would have to pay about 150.000 USD!!!! for a Corvette - nope, I'm not kidding). So the M3 is in fact cheaper. But there is some other things to have in mind also. What about refinement, build quality, quality feeling!, and driving experience. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE cars in any shape (I even love driving the '87 Ford Transit - CRAP CAR), but as an overall package, the Corvette would not even reach the M3 to its doorhandles.
    Oh, and yeah, I have been driving both of the cars thank you very much.

Henrik Bergmann
    Norway<!-- Signature -->

23. Your in Norway? You have driven the Z06? Is it sold in a Chevy showroom? Is the build quality, refinement, and ride that much cheaper in the Vette? Last time I checked, the Corvette has been around for 50 yrs. None of that amounts for anything? Sorry for the questions, but I like to find out stuff before I assume.<!-- Signature -->

24. I like the Corvette a lot more than I like this car, but dude, people like you have to stop comparing it to every car that costs more than it.<!-- Signature -->

25. i really cnt say anything ure fighting with two very good cars that i love. gm and bmw are the only cars worth fighting over and actually giving a damn. i mean bmw has the power and luxury and that freakkin look is nice too but then again i wanna go with my american original muscle the chevy corvette which wud probably or prob not kik this u really need to check the lbs, top speed, and 0-60 to confirm who wud actually win here. ure just going on the basic fact that its 450 hp... the viper is same hp but still i dont think it wud beat the corvette... dunno well if anywone really has the facts for this car just post em up herethen we shud be able to see whos the real winner<!-- Signature -->