Re: the corvette could this ass anyday

Discussion in '2001 Honda Dualnote Concept' started by LamboOwner, Aug 9, 2002.

1. No buddy it can't.<!-- Signature -->

2. Corvette gets 30 mpg, not bad<!-- Signature -->

3. the corvette could this ass anyday

What was honda thinking? The car looks okay but a frigin hybrid car? The only good honda is the NSX, they didnt screw that one up. 400 hp is still pretty good but id like to know its top speed. 3 words for you all too, Callaway Sledgehammer Corvette.

4. shut up man...<!-- Signature -->

5. your frigin gay go somewhere else to talk about you shitty usa cars<!-- Signature -->

6. does a corvette have 400mpg? No! Does a corvette have 4 seats? No! Do you drive a callaway sledgehammer? No! How many of those do you see on the road? None! Most of all, why do you compare a sports car to an economy car? jealous cause it has 400hp? and you compare it to a sports car not even in street existance. Its a shame that there are so many idiots in this world.

7. Ok first of all this car doesnt get 400 mpg it only gets 40 but thats still pretty damn good for any car but it is amzing for a car that is putting out 400bhp. Oh and Muslce_Cars the corvetter wont touch this thing, its 0-60 time is 3 secs flat, i dont see any street legal vetter getting that and i also dont see any vette putting out 400bhp. And for this things top speed im not sure but it will kick a vettes ass anyday.

8. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from LAMBOlover</i>
    <b>Ok first of all this car doesnt get 400 mpg it only gets 40 but thats still pretty damn good for any car but it is amzing for a car that is putting out 400bhp. Oh and Muslce_Cars the corvetter wont touch this thing, its 0-60 time is 3 secs flat, i dont see any street legal vetter getting that and i also dont see any vette putting out 400bhp. And for this things top speed im not sure but it will kick a vettes ass anyday.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    3 secs? I didn't know that!! That's freaking good man. It it's true, than this thing is faster than many ferraris and Lambos.<!-- Signature -->

9. no vette putting out 400hp, i really hope your kidding. old school vettes would sometimes have 425hp or more (427 and 454cid), the new Z06 has 405hp, but no, i don't see any vettes putting out 400hp. idiot. <!-- Signature -->

10. You're totally missing the point, this car isn't supposed to be a lambo killer. It's a hybrid (fuel efficiency + cleaner) four door coupe for taking kids to school in the year 2050, not a drag racer.<!-- Signature -->

11. this has the trickest interior ever. I need one like it in my car, do you see the night vision display, DO YOU SEE THE NIGHT VISION DISPLAY?! Thats right, this is the blazinest.<!-- Signature -->

12. Who cares the vette is 405hp. how many cylinders does it have? Aha, thats what i thought, 8. and the honda has 6. the vette has "71.49 bhp per litre," and the honda has 114.29 bhp per litre. why dont you digest that. oh yeah and the mpg, vette-19 and this honda-400...
    must i say something else?<!-- Signature -->

13. I will say that this is an amazing hybrid but I think Honda is trying to pull so shit. The electrical engine accounts for only 25% of the total HP. So this car would still be awsome w/out the electrical engine.<!-- Signature -->

14. a vette doesnt gt 30 mpg are u nuts

15. to set it straight it gets 40 miles per gallon. and the car pulls out 400 bhp! them japanese know way to much about cars. Imports are the future. in the future there will be no more domestic and the only cars will be imports. you can accept it or deny it.

16. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from IcepickIII</i>
    <b>Corvette gets 30 mpg, not bad</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->The vette doesnt get close to 30mpg.<!-- Signature -->

17. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Honda rulez</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from LAMBOlover</i>
    <b>Ok first of all this car doesnt get 400 mpg it only gets 40 but thats still pretty damn good for any car but it is amzing for a car that is putting out 400bhp. Oh and Muslce_Cars the corvetter wont touch this thing, its 0-60 time is 3 secs flat, i dont see any street legal vetter getting that and i also dont see any vette putting out 400bhp. And for this things top speed im not sure but it will kick a vettes ass anyday.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    3 secs? I didn't know that!! That's freaking good man. It it's true, than this thing is faster than many ferraris and Lambos.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->The reason why this things acceleration is so good is because of th electric starters.<!-- Signature -->

18. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from hsckris</i>
    <b>no vette putting out 400hp, i really hope your kidding. old school vettes would sometimes have 425hp or more (427 and 454cid), the new Z06 has 405hp, but no, i don't see any vettes putting out 400hp. idiot. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Sry bro your right but theres still none of them getting the Hp per liter like this thing is.<!-- Signature -->

19. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from LAMBOlover</i>

This can kick a vettes ass? I don't think so. Where did you get this information? 3 second flat 0-60? I smell BS. I like Hondas but hell don't be saying this will kick a vettes ass. Corvettes are good cars best bang for your buck for a stock car. The z06 has 405hp so what are you talking about? BTW the z06 has 19 / 28 mpg not bad for a v8. But this is a great car 400hp 40mpg 2 thumbs up good job honda. Oh and Muscle_Cars your a dumbass comparing a sports car to a hybrid.

20. #20 Honda rulez, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from dakillabee</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from LAMBOlover</i>

This can kick a vettes ass? I don't think so. Where did you get this information? 3 second flat 0-60? I smell BS. I like Hondas but hell don't be saying this will kick a vettes ass. Corvettes are good cars best bang for your buck for a stock car. The z06 has 405hp so what are you talking about? BTW the z06 has 19 / 28 mpg not bad for a v8. But this is a great car 400hp 40mpg 2 thumbs up good job honda. Oh and Muscle_Cars your a dumbass comparing a sports car to a hybrid.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->This car can kick a vette's ass. From gas mileage to technology, from handling to speed.

http://www.honda.co.jp/motorshow/2001/auto/DUALNOTE/driving/
    <!-- Signature -->

21. Yes you must, hp/l means shit. Corvettes can attain 30 mpg @ 80 mph. Not only that, but they will rape this car in performance though this is a stupid comparison in the first place.

22. True, it is a dumb comparison, but this thing would leave a vette in its dust.

Think about it - mid engine (and we all know how well the NSX handles, or at least some of us, others are still convinced the Z06 can compare in handling), AWD, Excellent engine placement for weight distribution, quicker acceleration, likely even better accelerating out of the corners....

I'd love to see Honda raise it and modify it up to WRC specs and enter it as a new class.

23. #23 1380k, Nov 22, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  24. I dunno much of anything about this car, other than the fact that it's sweet. 0-60 in 3 seconds? I might be able to see that... the 300HP to the rear-wheels is sweet, but the 100HP up front is the ONLY thing that could POSSIBLY get this to do 0-60 in 3. And 40M/G is AWESOME!!!

HP/L means 2 things: the car is lighter than it would be with higher HP/L, and the launches suck. I LOVE the S2000, but until 6G's are an the tach, you're going nowhere in a hurry. Until about 15MPH, my Accord would outrun an S2000... after that, it's all about the taillights for me. haha ^_^ .

My only complaint about this car would be that 2nd motor... just another part waiting to break... luckily it's not NEARLY as hard to fix as a regular internal-combustion engine. Other than that, the 2nd motor pulls everything together for this car. and again: WHAT A COCKPIT!!!

A couple of questions for you guys: Do you know how the drivetrain is set up? is it 1 AWD system linking the 2 motors, or is it 2 independant 2WD systems? Also, is Honda thinking about REPLACING the NSX with the Dualnote, or will they just be MODIFYING the NSX with this engine?

Thanks in advance!

Peace!

25. I just copied the below from one of my posts in the "this car will probably be very slow" topic.

Actually, 4 engines and 1 ultracapacator: 1 MR 3.2 liter engine, 1 MR Ultracapacator, 2 FR motors mounted at each wheel, 1 RR motor mounted between the rear wheels. Total weight is still low, weight distribution is going to be even better than the NSX.

Oh, and before you start bashing Honda thinking of this concept you should know that while Honda isn't going to put it into production yet, both Ford AND GM basically stole the idea from Honda and are both going to come out with similar Performance Hybrids - only theirs not only have larger, heavier engines, they also have less hp and tq.