Re: The fastest car

Discussion in '2002 Bugatti 16/4 Veyron Preproduction' started by Ferrari F60, Aug 9, 2002.

1. How can some of you say that France is the best country for cars.
    In my opinion it is Germany which has BMW, Mercedes, Porsche and otherst that are very popular. I like the Veyron 16/4 but just because of that one car doesn't make it better. America is also better with DaimlerChrysler and Chevrolet, very popular cars and some exotic like the Vette, Camaro, Viper. Point proven<!-- Signature -->

2. Actually, technically, if this car didn't have those SIX superchargers, it wouldn't be so fast. I'd estimate about 235-240 mph and maybe 900hp. That makes it so much more unappealing(still, Bugatti all the way!)<!-- Signature -->

3. Yooh masters out there it's not a car it's the 7the world wonder!!
    I think it's the best car in the world!

I have a question and who can answer it!!
    Where is the local Bugatti Dealer??

Please send me a reply!
    playzonegroup@hotmail.com <!-- Signature -->

4. Calm down, Bugatti Guy! I agree with everything you said, EXCEPT **** McLAREN! APPARENTLY, ALL YOU CARE ABOUT ARE BUGATTI'S! THAT'S VERY SELFISH OF YOU, 'CAUSE NOW I'M GONNA BUST YOUR ASS! AS LONG AS McLAREN'S HAVE EXISTED, THEY'VE BEEN WINNERS. ALL, I MEAN ALL OF THE McLAREN'S THAT HAVE EVER BEEN RELEASED HAVE BEEN EXTREAMELY IMPRESSIVE! ALL OF THEM HAVE EXCEDED 225 mph, SOMETHING BUGATTI HASN'T DONE! ALSO, THEY HAPPEN TO HAVE A VERY SUCCESSFUL BRITISH RACE TEAM! THEY BEAT LAMBO'S ALL THE DAMNED TIME! I ABSOLUTELY ADDORE BUGATTI'S, BEING THAT THE 16-4 AND THE KOENIGSEGG CC ARE MY FAVS, BUT YOU HAVE GOT TO GIVE THE OTHER COMPANIES SOME CREDIT! TO TELL YOU THE TRUTH, I'D CLEAN A TEXICO BATHROOM WITH MY TOUNGE IF I GOT A McLAREN FOR IT! Please, don't dis all those comanies like that! Thank you.<!-- Signature -->

5. Is this the fastest car ? simple answer No !! for a couple of reasons first being its not into production yet , second it has to be indepndantly tested to verify the companys claims
    lots of car companys make claims on what their car can do , but not many can back them up Ferrari with the F-50 claimed a top speed of 202 yet when tested buy Car and Driver ( Jan 1997 )the best it could manage was 194 m.p.h and that was 140 rpm's into the redline ( redline is 8500 top speed was reached at 8640 )
    The same could be said for Vector the made claims over a top speed of over 200 m.p.h and its not been verified to my knowlege another example is the Lamborghini Diablo GT which the factory said was good for 211 m.p.h but when tested by Road & Track ( Nov 2000 )the highest they reached was 202.6 m.p.h and last but certianly not least the Mclaren F1 , the american EPA DOT fully federalized verison was expected to do the factory claim of 231 m.p.h yet in the hands of the great Mario Andretti the car only ( still impressive ) reached 217.7 m.p.h. ar 7500 r.p.m
    now this being a EPA DOT Mclaren may account for it being a tad slower in all around accleration but until someone other then the factory independantly verifies the top speed you cant go by the facotires claims , and the Callaway Sledgehammer corvettes speed was verified by the Transpatation Research Center @ 254.76 m.p.h
    now all the talk about top speed is irrelevant, because it doesn't mean one car is a better then the other it means one is faster then the other on a stretch of clear road and the chances of anyone doing over 230 m.p.h on a public road is slim and none , and 99% of the drivers of these cars will never reach the top speed .
    so arguing over top speed and a mute point give me a quick car over a fast car anyday and you have to take what the factory says about top speed with a grain of salt.

6. Even if they produce this turd lookin thing and it becomes the fastest poduction car, the Mclaren will still be the best. Thats even if they produce it. Plus the Mclaren has 6 gears, unlike how they had to pussy up and put another on this Veyron thing.<!-- Signature -->

7. This is not the fastest car for a number of reasons first being its not in to production yet , second the car top speed has to be verified by a indepndant source such as a car magazine
    Many companys make claims on what their cars can do but most fall short of what they claim, examples are Ferrari for example which stated that the F-50 could do 202 m.p.h and generate 1.2 on the skidpad
    when Car and Driver ( Jan 1997 ) finally tested a F-50 ( after moving heaven and earth to get one ) the top speed it reached was 194 m.p.h and that was 140 rpms into the redline ( redline 8500 and the top speed was reached at 8640 ) and the best it could manage was a 0.94 on the skidpad . much like when Ferrari cliamed the top speed of the F-40 was 200 m.p.h Road & Track ( Sept 1991 ) tested the top speed at 196.1 m.p.h if i'm not mistaken Ferrari who i love has not made a road car that was gone over 200 m.p.h . the F-60 should change tha
    Lamborghini usually right on the money with their top speed fell short with the Diablo GT which cliamed to go 211 m.p.h only reached 202.6 m.p.h when Road & Track tested it ( Nov 2000
    Vector made wild claims as to speeds well over 200 m.p.h but none to my knowlege were ever independantly verified
    and then theres Mclaren its F-1 has been tested at 231 m.p.h and even faster , yet when Road & Track had The great Mario Andretti top speed test a fully American EPA DOT federalized version of the Mclaren F-1 ( R&T road tests 1999 ) it only reached ( still impressive ) 217.7 m.p.h
    perhaps the EPA DOT conversion had something to do with the overall accleration numbers that wernt the same as the european model
    last but certianly not least is the Callaway Sledgehammer corvette who's top speed was verified by the Transpatation Research Center at 254.76 m.p.h very impressive
    now the top speed is totaly irrelevant because 99 % of the owners of these cars will ever reach thier top speeds
    and just because one car go faster in a straight line dones't make it a better car
    so until its proven by a source other the the factory you have to take there estimates with a grain of salt.

8. Let's get this clear. Bugatti is French based company, with an Italian name and a German motor. and Now, how did they "pussy" it up by giving it a seventh gear? Well, the 16/4 is a Seven speed because it NEEDS the seventh to take those 1001 horses to the limits. . . <!-- Signature -->

9. Check out the Dauer962... that thing can go 406kph with just a 3 litre engine... I consider it the best car<!-- Signature -->

10. GTBuggati, Are you saying that BMW and Porsche are French???