Re: The most acrobatic car ever.

Discussion in '1999 Mercedes-Benz CLR' started by tiger005, Aug 9, 2002.

1. This is one of the reasons why the Roll Cage is a very inportant object in any racing...<!-- Signature -->

2. you #$%#ing idiot that was the older clk gtr they fixed the problem in the newer version. quit dissing mercedes.

3. this is a reply to eggy87 i hope you read this you #$%#ing idiot
    that was the older CLK-GTR that flipped get your facts right.
    Dumb ass this is the newer model with improved aerodynamics. and don't diss mercedes idiot you don't even know anything about cars.<!-- Signature -->

4. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from car-god</i>
    <b>this is a reply to eggy87 i hope you read this you #$%#ing idiot
    that was the older CLK-GTR that flipped get your facts right.
    Dumb ass this is the newer model with improved aerodynamics. and don't diss mercedes idiot you don't even know anything about cars.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

right....I wonder who needs to get their facts right....<!-- Signature -->

5. Anyways... this car last seen action 2 years ago... why not focus our attention to the CLK-DTM 2000 in which I like to quote... NOT Included in this site...<!-- Signature -->

6. Part of it was a setup problem, part was the track, and part was the aero of LMP-GTP design. First the rear springs were set too soft, second, the car went over a very slight hump, third the GTP design creates more lift with the closed cockpit than open cars and also the closed cockpit actually reconnects the airflow that hits the front to the air flow hitting the back wing. So this is how i think it happened. The car hit a small hump, the front diffuser stalled and lost downforce. But the rear wing kept downforce and pushed the back end of the car down. So the rear wing kept pressing down on the back tires, which pushed the front up. Then the front of the car blocked the rear wing of the car from the air and the rear lost its downforce. So now none of the tires had downforce and the flat bottom of the car deflected more air under the car then over and the car lifted into the air.

7. It also caught a lot of air from the Toyota GT1 in front of it... <!-- Signature -->

8. Its still an awesome machine. I'd love to own the surviving one if it's still around. Won't happen though.

9. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from MB_CLK-GTR</i>
    <b>It flopped... 3 times!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!<!-- Signature -->

10. Post the link to that video. I have got to see it.