Re: The new lingenfelter will kill it

Discussion in '1999 Blitz Skyline GT-R R348' started by Godspd, Aug 10, 2002.

1. #26 sr20deth, Aug 10, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    I feel sorry for all you Americans in the supposed land of the free. Damn your import regulations suck..and all because the local car companies don't want to lose out.

I live in New Zealand and the GT-R Skyline like many of Japan's performance cars were never sold new in New Zealand but we can still import them and run them with whatever modifications we want.

I can get a R32 GT-R for around $30k, R33 GT-R for around $45k, and the R34 is still pretty sort after so it costs about $100k...but that NZ dollars which is worth about half the US so those prices can be divided in half. Now you can't tell me the price of the Skyline is high (only in America).

As for power and what goes on in Japan....

http://babelfish.altavista.com/urltrurl?lp=ja_en&url=http%3A%2F%2F www.amkread.co.jp%2FPages%2FEvent01%2F01DBRankTop.html

Have a look though those results of the street drag battles, lots of 9sec GT-Rs in there.

2. You could modify a vette to get 2000hp. There are vettes with 1500hp. with out turbos or nos if you ad some turbos it would get to 2000hp.<!-- Signature -->

3. #28 VenomWillKill, Aug 10, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Alright long post

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SilverFenix</i>
    <b>The new lingenfelter 427TT has similar power #'s but kills it in everything and probably handles a hell lot better too, and who says american cars suck.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Your an idiot that car does not handle better you idiot and this car is built for the track which it would kill the vette on the track.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from EvilNinjaMoby</i>
    <b>Hrmm funny.. many amrican engines have been tuned to push out alot more than 1000HP ( www.nhra.com) hrmm and i guess you might also know AWD is HEAVIEST of all the setups. AND also has more power loss due to friction of parts.. but you knew that huh ; ) as for it out handling a vette.. Im sure this could beat a stock vette.. but this beating another modded one.. dont be too sure...</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Jackass you act like gettin a 1000 hp is impossiable in imports look a the vielside supra that will kill that vette.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from camaro</i>
    <b>They have corvettes that can do the 1/4 mile in 8.0sec. on chevy high preformacne they have a 1983 corvette that could do that without nos and it could go 250+mph. It had 700hp. and it handled very well. It handled just as good as a new z06.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Your an idiot but im gussin your talkin about the 88 sledghammer corvette yes it went 253 which is the current top speed but the buggati will beat it im guessing and its handling wasnt as good as this skyline and it couldnt beat this skyline on a track.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from camaro</i>
    <b>Anyway lingenfelter could make a car that could beat anything that blitz makes, but they were competeing with hennessy and not with blitz. Anyway They have a camaro that can do the 1/4 mile in 5sec. it's a camaro zl1 with a turbo in it. They could modify a corvette up to 1400hp., because there is a corvette with 1400hp.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Show us some proof all you do is shoot out these crazy ass statements with no proof and how do you know that they would kill skyline and once again supra's and skylines could have over 1000 hp but its not needed i love american but your making us all look stupid

<b>You could modify a vette to get 2000hp. There are vettes with 1500hp. with out turbos or nos if you ad some turbos it would get to 2000hp.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

No you couldnt modify it for that HP and show some proof of this 1500 hp vette you idiot you know that NOS is a company nitrous is what you use please you make american car loves look like idiots this is an amazing car just leave it at that before you look like anymore of an idiot.

<!-- Signature -->

4. I wan't talking about the sledgehammer I was talking about a tuned corvette by a person not a car company. Why don't you give me some proof that this beats the vette on the track. hmmm all you do is say the lingenfelter has bad handleing, but no proof. There are corvettes with 1400+hp. and some with 2000hp. <!-- Signature -->

5. first of all. the lingenfelter vette does that time in drag slicks. this car does 3 in performance tires. secondly, if these muscle cars handle so well then why is there a virtual lack of prescence in racing (other than drag) in the world. notice i said muscle cars so (GT40, shelby, saleen s7, vette c5-r, viper orecas gts-rs wahtever) dont count. now in reference to the 2000 hp vettes gained in pro-stock. the cars 1) could never be driven on street) 2)have a tube frame chassis 3)drag slicks 4)parts are repaired and changed almost every quarter mile. funny cars and top fuel dont count because they use nitromethane.

i dont see dodge chargers, chevelle ss's or hemi cudas owning and records on a track or old vettes for a matter of fact. do you? point them out to me.

i'm pretty sure if you put performance tires on the lingenfelter vette its torque would so overwhelm them that you couldn't really use it in a drag race or if you did it would post a significantly lower 1/4 mile time.

this car also holds a record only bested i think by the gemballa porsche GTR 650 and 750 evo....

why does the test have to take place in the u.s or u.k? is japan somehow unable to measure a quarter mile time. i dont see anybody saying american muscle car's e.t.s should be recorded in other countries. why exactly is the purpose of this statement "show me figures done in the U.S. and U.K.

last comment there was a guy making a comment about how awd sucks and blah blah. true awd is the heaviest but this is by far a very advanced awd set up. its just like rwd until it sense a loss of traction then it sends power up front..... it explains why 1400 hp skylines for drag racing hit 7's in the quarter mile with a engine size a third of most other american cars....

no one better make a comment about saleen s7's, current c-5r's or le mas vipers or anything because like i said they're not muscle cars.

6. then again you never see any old japanese cars doing anything, especially racing. It is amazing that cars so old can still perform with the new technology. in 1987 buick made a grand national that ran 12.4 out of the factor. thats faster than any stock mass produced car ever made in japan and its 15 years old. look it up its called a buick grand national gnx I belive. My cousin still has one, Davey boy.

7. partially true. this is really because if you dont know japanese cars from a long time ago were built with poor quality.its pretty obvious that since japan didn't really start creating cars until a substantial time after americans did that it would take a while for the japanese to create better products. its the same thing with camcorders nad electronics. a long time ago japanese products were piss poor and were just a bunch of little toys. now who doesn't won a panasonic sony or hitachi? i mean come on.

besides there are a few old japanese cars that are really good.

tod kaneko has two retro cars a datsun 250Z and a old mazda and datsun 510 that produce around 580-600 horsepower. tod kaneko has worked for japanese grand prix and CART. each of the cars weighs a mere 2100-2200 lbs so you can imagine the huge power to weight ratio. his cars are not regulated only for the strip as they've alos been tested a lot on the tracks as well. he started working for racing teams before he even had a driver's liscence.

in addition there are quite a few cars abel ibarra's old mazda r-100 that runs 7.4 sec quarter mile that are quite fast. the old toyota 2000GT, while never sold extensively was a beautiful retro car that offered good performance. the old mazda rx-3 in addition looks like an american msucle car, but with a rotary engine. this has been the subject of quite a few tuning jobs.

while japanese cars aren't as extensively tuned (the retro ones) there are still some in existence but of course most of this is relegated to the first point i made.

who says the japanese haven't had any substantial racing victories.
    in addition to drag racing in japan (this should be easy to look up)

in lemans:
    mazda 787 B (only rotary car ever to win. 3 litre quad rotary normal aspiration 700 hp)
    nissan r390 GT-1
    a number of endurance cars
    toyota Gt-1
    acura NSX (placee first in GT-2 category and i think 2nd in GT)

japanese cars are also extensively raced in BTCC and ETCC where they do extremely well. JGTC is pretty much the equivalent of DTM.

the only reason this car doesn't run a faster e.t. is cuz its not on drag slicks. there is not earthly physical reason wy a car with this much weight and 800 hp could not come close the lingenfelter time.

8. Just wanted to mention, why does it matter which is faster to 60? The more accurate figure for a 1/4 mile is 0-150 (which i doubt the vette is geared to do so well) as well, there are japanese street cars that can get up to 200 in the 1/4 mile. Some celica recently featured on a import mag did it.

9. correct that celica uses a stretched tube frame celica chassis. it is powered by a toyota tundra block with gs400 camshafts utilizes RWD, and was built by the Scranton brothers who by the way also piloted their mustang to i think a 7.3.

this car although not really a 'celica' by any means represented the first U.S. import car ever to hit above the 200 mph mark in the quarter mile.

the only reason this car when compared with the lingenfetler is slower is because these statistics are based uon the car accelearting on standard performance tires vs. the lingenfelter which has been strapped to slicks.

10. The 427 CD can do it against the 750hp Autothority 911 , but not against a car that has 100 more hp , the Skyline AWD system and weights less.

11. You ignorants how can you ever say say that the vette would handle better, it wont handle at all!!! dont even compare it to skylines handling , in the track ( not a "o" ring of course the lingenfelter vette would be beaten with ease by the r34 or the maclaren gtr (not even the lm edition), or by a porsche gt3, just check the suspension and you will see that is set for dragging NOT racing), now about the drag-race: be sure that with a different gearbox (lowest gear ratio)and with slicks the blitz skyline would be ahead !!! the vette is an amazing car, but beat a highly modified skyline ? dont think so AND PLEASE DON'T COMPARE TOTALLY DIFFERENT FUCKIN CARS, SHIT

12. You ignorants how can you ever say say that the vette would handle better, it wont handle at all!!! dont even compare it to skylines handling , in the track ( not a "o" ring of course the lingenfelter vette would be beaten with ease by the r34 or the maclaren gtr (not even the lm edition), or by a porsche gt3, just check the suspension and you will see that is set for dragging NOT racing), now about the drag-race: be sure that with a different gearbox (lowest gear ratio)and with slicks the blitz skyline would be ahead !!! the vette is an amazing car, but beat a highly modified skyline ? dont think so AND PLEASE DON'T COMPARE TOTALLY DIFFERENT FUCKIN CARS, SHIT

13. You foolish kid , read the specifications of the cars before posting your deep sh!t , the Lingenfelter uses Z06 suspension system , and the vette suspension system is very modern since the C5 , poor ignorant asshole.

14. You foolish kid , read the specifications of the cars before posting your deep sh!t , the Lingenfelter uses Z06 suspension system , and the vette suspension system is very modern since the C5 , poor ignorant asshole.

15. You foolish kid , read the specifications of the cars before posting your deep sh!t , the Lingenfelter uses Z06 suspension system , and the vette suspension system is very modern since the C5 , poor ignorant asshole.

16. The Z06's suspension (fe4 high perfomance i think)its different from other vettes cause it has a larger front stabilizer bar, stiffer rear leaf spring, and revised camber settings. If you read carefully at my post you'll notice that i wrote that the suspensions are SET for dragging and not racing , i didnt say not good for racing generally ! I know , and i tend to read the specs before i post my DEEP SHIT as you can see !

17. it doesn't really matter since the lingenfelter vette has additional weight to the front since it uses a 7 litre engine. the weight balance was already 52/47, so you could get the picture. besides it doens't matter the lingenfelter vette is meant for dragging. the r34 would kill it on the track.

for those of you posting lateral G's, the measurements made are actually that of initial launch velocity G numbers. if you read closely the article for the car (and teh hennessey 800tt) it says something like this, "not many drivers have the thrill of enjoying a straight line acceleration of 1+G's." if you read the test they never performed any skidpad, or they would actulaly mention it. if you will also read it states that without slicks they remakre the rear end would fishtail out of control, as this is already apparent in the 427 vette WITH slicks.

18. very much correct

19. I do.

I'm sorry, but you've got it all wrong. it's the american cars that have shitty handling. why do people always assume it's euro or Jap cars that have the bad, straight-line-only speed? it's Euro and Jap cars that handle better.

American cars DO suck compared to something like this Blitz.

20. lingenfelter KISS MY ASS

21. GTR 4 EVER.....

22. oops that my interga hahaha

23. All you guys saying that the Skyline can't beat the vette in the 1/4 mile because of the 0-60 figures are completely dumb! 0-60 and 1/4 mile has very little to do with eachother! First of all, as already commented, the vette uses slicks. Second of all, just compare the Mercedes-Benz CLK GTR and the Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 Concept... The CLK GTR has 0-60 in 3.4 sec, the Camaro in 2.7, yet the the CLK GTR beats the Camaro by 1 sec in the 1/4 mile (CLK 9.4, Camaro 10.4), AND the Camaro has both more power and torque...As for handeling, the Skyline is one of the best in the world (production cars).

24. no it wont, the new lingenfelter will not kill it... dont over do it.

25. yea, skylines arent good with their take off, but after it hits 3rd gear, good luck catching that bird.