Re: The New Panoz LMP1 2002

Discussion in '2001 Panoz LMP 07' started by kenmclaren, Aug 10, 2002.

1. The New Panoz LMP1 2002

For all of the American fans, for Panoz, here is the new Panoz LMP1 for 2002.<!-- Signature -->

2. Good lookin' indeed, this brothers gonna make alot of improved track performances for sure, with that smokin' engine, whoo!<!-- Signature -->

3. Awesome looking.<!-- Signature -->

4. I love Panoz.Innovators.<!-- Signature -->

5. looks so much like a bat mobile, i have some performance numbers
    0-60=2.3s
    0-100=4.4s
    0-1/4mi=9.3s @ 148 mph
    hp=600
    torque=500
    lat. accel.=1.52g
    2305lbs
    60-0=108ft
    80-0=161ft
    top speed=181 mph
    4.2mpg
    weight dist.=46/54
    (road&track)

6. kewl a new panoz !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Panoz will rule this years LeMans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. yeah what the hell they can have GT-1 cars and That stupid skyline on there but why can't this be on there.<!-- Signature -->

8. Sorry to rain on your parade, but a front engine car can't bring home the trophy at LeMans. Right now it's a toss-up between Audi, Riley & Scott (which sadly they have no picture of here) and Caddy right now. Panoz brought this car to LeMans two years ago, and it flat out got smoked. It also takes forever to make repairs on it, compared to Audi.

9. yeh, but the thing is, the Panoz sounds a MILLION times better than the rather pathetic sounding Audi

which 1 makes the ground shake for a mile radius?....the PANOZ, thats all that matters!!!

10. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Flame Thrower</i>
    <b>Sorry to rain on your parade, but a front engine car can't bring home the trophy at LeMans.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Care to elaborate, and back that up? or are you basing that statement solely on the time to repair issue?

11. It is so cool that Caddy, Riley and Scott, Chrysler, and Panoz all are sending competive entrants to Le Mans. It would be great to see any of them win. Riley and Scott are really the under dogs, but posted some blitering times at the prelims. Panoz has been the only car to win agianst the audis in the ALMS.

12. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Flame Thrower</i>
    <b>Sorry to rain on your parade, but a front engine car can't bring home the trophy at LeMans. Right now it's a toss-up between Audi, Riley & Scott (which sadly they have no picture of here) and Caddy right now. Panoz brought this car to LeMans two years ago, and it flat out got smoked. It also takes forever to make repairs on it, compared to Audi.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

remember cadillac's first year at le mans 2 yrs. ago? there, the one DAMS caddy was smoked itself, and they took 20 minutes to put it out. and then the second one blew up. caddy got destroyed last year, too. i just hope that when they changed chassis at the end of last year, they made the right choice. as for R&S, i've heard they are running pretty good, but i think panoz and audi will runaway with the show

13. If it rains at Le Mans this year like it did last year the Panoz will definitely have a strong shot at beating the Audis since Brabham, Magnussen, and Herta are all amazing rain drivers and the Audis are notoriously bad when it is wet...Remember Donington Park in 2000? All the audis, yes even Allan McNish, spun like tops all day long, but the Panoz just cruised to an easy victory. But even if it doesn't rain Panoz will be very strong competition for Audi, as will Bentley and ORECA. Oh, FLAMETHROWER, the Panoz LMP-1 Evo is a HEAVILY reworked version of the car that raced Le Mans in 2000. The basic chassis structure may be similar, but the suspension geometry, aerodynamics, and transmission are all very different from the old car. Even the engine has been retooled. The differences can be clearly seen from this year's Sebring and Sonoma races; the LMP-01 that Gunnar Racing was compaigning at sebring is the same chassis that panoz used as their third car in California and both times the car was significantly slower than the full factory versions (Gunnar Jeannette is a very fast driver, but he couldn't coax enough speed out of the thing, neither could Donohue or Jackson). I think you'll be surprised how well a front-engined car can do at Le Mans...especially, as i said before, if it rains. The Panoz has inherently better weight distribution than it's competition, therein lies it's advantage. Plus it has two of the best sportscar racers in the world in David Brabham and Jan Magnussen. So don't hedge your bet against them yet. Oh, EliseS2, there is no Chrysler entry at Le Mans this year. They withdrew their backing of the ORECA team, who are now competing with the same Dallara LMP chassis, but now with a Judd engine.

14. The Panoz cars are more and more disappointing.

They can't do it now , can play for the podium.

15. Panoz has a much smaller finacial backing compaired to the like of audi, bently, cadillac and the other factory teams. Also since panoz is new to the race seen, they dont have the experiance that teams such as audi (who is owned buy the same company that owns porsche, so mabe thats why they keep winning) have. For a front engine car, with less money and less expience they are doing really well, considering their one of the few teams that can actually beat audi.<!-- Signature -->

16. This was the new LMP-07 for 2001, get your factrs straight. God the people on the indies are retarded.

17. Actually at a long, fast track like LeMans, having the engine in the front is an advantage. On the long straights, the extra weight in the front helps create downforce on the front splitter which allows them to run wider tires in the back causing more traction and better grip.

18. Well actually, to clarify, Panoz has more experience than Audi or Cadillac. Panoz Motorsports has been around since 1997. Yes, their funding is but a fraction of Audis, so its really an accomplishment that Panoz has come this far. Also, Audi is owned by VW, but Porsche is not. Porsche and VW worked together in the 40s and 50s and they worked together on the Cayenne and Touareg, but Porsche is not owned by VW as many people seem to think.