Re: The ultimate racer...Prove me wrong!

Discussion in '2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt GT' started by SurfeR550M, Aug 9, 2002.

1. The Mustang isn't a muscle car, nor is the Camaro, Corvette, Viper, ect. ect. They are sports cars. As a rule of thumb, it isn't a muscle car if the back seat isn't big enough to get laid in. The way I see it, the muscle car died in 1996 when they made the last Impala SS.

2. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 99blacksvt</i>
    <b>So here's the deal...

A 99 GT can be purchased for $15,999

Running: 260hp and 304 torque

So you say...that's nothing my supped up piece of a honda can burn that or my 911 carrera could eat that on the strip

in that case...one may add a procharger supercharger for 4 grand which runs this fine stang up to: 442 hp and 516 torque

I'll sum it up for those of you who are car illiterate: I pay under 20 grand and have a monster that could smoke your 911 or any piece of a crx that you throw @ it and for you porsche drivers, I have 70 grand more in my pocket

By the way we are talking about street racing, please don't bring up hairpin turns or back roads

</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

ok... i own two cars which would smoke this stang with that supercharger. both these cars cost less than $20 grand to buy and set up. Infact the toyota was 12k total and skyline 19k.
    I feed both beasts regularily on porsche, camaro, ferrari and other exotic delicacies. <!-- Signature -->

3. You got 520 HP out of a Skyline for $19k? What exactly did you do?

4. OK, so the Stang has a little bit of power.. but who cares? The Bullitt package is all about looks, not performance. If it were about performance, then it would be a mass-produced Cobra R or FR500. For the money, though, it's a pretty quick car (I'm talking STOCK here). However, the one thing that has never ceased to amaze me with regards to Mustangs is how huge they are on the outside, and yet my Honda Civic seems to have more interior space. Why can't Ford seem to give the Mustangs an interior proportionate to the exterior? Or if they shrunk the exterior couldn't they get better power to weight ratios? Just something to think about..<!-- Signature -->

5. I think that there are a BUNCH of immature people on this site, trying to make others believe they are older, but failing misserably...a few names come to mind. This is a forum on the Bullit, a piece of crap "STOCK." STOCK. It's a dissapointment from Ford. Tune it up, and you have a faster car. Stop this BS arguing back and forth about what is faster.
    If you say you have an 819hp street dragster, I believe you. I personally have seen Drag cars (big ass rear tires and all) driving along the street...so this isn't a huge surprise to me. What is a surprising is the people trying to disprove him. Who cares! It's not likly that any of us will ever meet, and race our cars, so get over it. If you can tune a car for cheap, and keep it running, more power to ya.

And to all of you who are trying to make believe you are 33 instead of 11...try not to use all those gay little shortcuts. "ppl, u, wit, etc. etc." It doesn't say a whole lot. If you ARE 33, I feel sorry for your parents for having to put up with a retard like yourself. V_12_Luva

6. true american muscle are the cadillac 472 and 500 engines. stock they have 400hp and 500+ftlbs of torque. not bad for 30 year old engines. =)

7. Alright... This Ford blows. Sorry guys, but Ford itself blows. Chevy is better, yes, but there are a lot of better cars than a Ford. I own an Eagle Talon Tsi, and it looks stock. Its not the fastest car in the world, but for what I paid total I take a lot of cars. I paid only 10k total, for a 1991, and i run high 12's @ a high altitude.(6300ft.) I can only imagine what i would be running at sea level, or closer to it. I have a neighbor with a 2001 360 Modena, and he can't keep up with me. You want to talk about getting a lot of speed for the value? And i can take the coners.(road course) So **** Ford-

8. by the way, how do I run 12's for 10k? I paid $3500 for the car, and then paid my employer, TEC (Turbo Engineering Corp.) $800 for the Turbo upgrade that runs 20psi. This is a stage 2 turbo,(called an 18G) so yes, I had to pay extra money to go in and replace my gaskets, my intake and exhaust manifolds, my entire exhaust system, including cat, and then i upgraded my brakes and suspension. I can't do anything else before replacing the tranny tho...thats the only thing that sux. But I still have a pretty fun car for not that much money. And i am faster than my entire highschool. Yes I am only a Senior in HS. At least i can admit my age.

9. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from bkmdano</i>
    <b>....i run high 12's @ a high altitude.(6300ft.) I can only imagine what i would be running at sea level, or closer to it. I have a neighbor with a 2001 360 Modena, and he can't keep up with me....</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

not that I'm doubting you...but did Ferrari even produce a 2001 360 Modena? I was under the impression it was 2000 only. If I'm wrong, oh well. Somebody correct me if I am. And you do realize that the 2000 runs 12.8 in the quarter. if you run high 12's, he should be hanging right with you. you might want to be more accurate with your statements. granted, you may win, but not by much according to what you say. besides, that 360 has probably still got you in top end speed...though that usually doesn't matter to sport compact(ers). just thought i'd throw it out there.

10. I have you all beat with my Zaphod Scorpion. Down on the bayou on New Orleans I like to race my Scorpion against enfeebled cars like Mustangs and Camaro. I am also a doctor, so I can afford the Scorpion, which isn't for any half assed street punk. Hell you could probably steal a car that was faster than your Mustang. Total cost to you $0. But the cost of the Scorpion is a whoping $274,000 it's performance is well worth it. It has 943 bhp, and I've had it up to 200 and that was only in 3rd. That's all for today kiddies.<!-- Signature -->

11. well Will938
    it was done very simple with lots of off the shelf parts. the usual way to do things is to keep the lump mostly stock and add large turbo (t04), cams, fuel injection, good plumbing all round, there are some more pricey parts in the head, most second hand though. but i've got a good deal on some up spec internals and head (second hand) but total it was about $8000 usd for the parts

its a different story to the toyota which is entirely a hybrid <!-- Signature -->

12. Custom ground cam or off the shelf?

Dr. Sexbot, 200 in 3rd? Whatever. Where was this, on the highway bobbing between cars? In Louisiana with all those 2 lane roads?

13. hahahahahahaha, fords do suck, the only good american car i drve was a viper, and a viper is the best american car. any euro car can beat the mustang. this car is so weak!

14. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from X360MoDeNaX</i>
    <b>hahahahahahaha, fords do suck, the only good american car i drve was a viper, and a viper is the best american car. any euro car can beat the mustang. this car is so weak!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Any euro car can beat a mustang huh. Are you sure about that. I'm pretty sure that the stang could beat alot of your euro cars!

15. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 99blacksvt</i>
    <b>So here's the deal...

A 99 GT can be purchased for $15,999

Running: 260hp and 304 torque

So you say...that's nothing my supped up piece of a honda can burn that or my 911 carrera could eat that on the strip

in that case...one may add a procharger supercharger for 4 grand which runs this fine stang up to: 442 hp and 516 torque

I'll sum it up for those of you who are car illiterate: I pay under 20 grand and have a monster that could smoke your 911 or any piece of a crx that you throw @ it and for you porsche drivers, I have 70 grand more in my pocket

By the way we are talking about street racing, please don't bring up hairpin turns or back roads

</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

OH YA....THEN I'LL GET A TWIN TURBO SUPRA FOR 15,000...PAY 5,000 FOR A BASIC HKS TURBO AND I'LL BEAT YOUR LITTLE PIECE OF SHIT MUSTANG FOR THE SAME PRICE AND MY CAR WOULD LOOK A THOUSAND TIMES BETTER...OR I COULD PAY 12,000 FOR A COMPLETE TURBO SYSTEM AND HAVE A 1015HP BEAST!!!!! SO SHUT UP BECAUSE YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT.

16. This is to the fellow that did the original post about the procharger and I can prove you wrong . If you take the same Procharger and put it on a 3.8 liter camaro you will have about the same horse power but the handling of acamaro has peen proven better than the mustang. so you have now been proven wrong. Oh yeah I forgot the 3.8 camaro is cheaper than the mustang that you spoke of.

17. In response to the question about my Talon being able to run a Modena... Remeber that this is a higher altitude... the modena runs a mid 13 up here. And you are right the Modena probably does beat me in top speed. But i would love to see a top speed test in the mountains!!! Yeah the Ferarri can probably handle a little better than my car, but you have to remember what i paid for the car. There are a lot of great cas out there, but my biggest point is that this ford isnt what i like to see

18. my 77 formula is pushing 500 ft. lbs of torque at 2,500 rpm. It eats mustangs, civics, integras, anything japanese and anything made by the shittiest comp. ever....ford.<!-- Signature -->

19. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SurfeR550M</i>
    <b>YOU'RE WRONG!!!!!!!

Try racin' the Koenig F50</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

The Saleen S7 or the Callaway C12 will kick your Ferrari koenig so fast that you will never forget !

I can't believe how so many people come here talking about a car (Ferrari F50) wich never won races/championships ! And is not being made anymore !

The Saleens and Callaways are really race cars. Like the Porsches 911, Diablos/Murcielagos and the Ferraris 355/360/550.

But the Ferrari F50 is just a "don't touch me" car. It's just a exibition low-production car.

People look to the prices an think... oh this is the best !<!-- Signature -->

20. um, buddy, the saleen is built on the mustang chassis

21. The handleing of a Camaro is better than a mustang. Jeez where hav i been. Last time i checked the stang has owned in the handeling group for almost ever in all the years these two pony cars have been dualing it out.

22. i paid $4000 for my vette
    and i put $8000 into it
    cuz it was just a beater
    but now it fine and has 390hp
    its got a 327 from a 68 vette
    and ive smoked every stang that
    ever stepped up to the plate

here are my two old pics
    getting newer better ones soon<!-- Signature -->

23. O so you think your a bad ass eh!! Bring it on cause i got a 504bhp and 572 lb-ft and I'm not lyin! I just got it tested so if you wanna STREET drag you got it cause I'll take you anyday. And by the way my dads got a GT2 that I drive sometimes so don't be talkin trash about Porsche.

24. your car sounds awesome (refering to Wil)

25. LS501 you can't get near a BMW unless your mommy or daddybought you one here put your money where your mouth is and lets drag ...
    your BMW vs my 1967 cobra.............
    thats right you heard me properly

<!-- Signature -->