Re: The Viper kicks all foreign pieces of shts asses!!!!

Discussion in '2000 Hennessey Viper Venom 800TT' started by Guibo, Aug 9, 2002.

1. oh adn one more thing, if american companies are so good at making good handling cars, why don't they enter F1 and win, becuase as many people have said F1 is the pinnicle of auto racing and good handling is the main factor in having a winning car! oh wait there is an american company that is in it, jaguar, well it's mostly british but the engine is american and i wonder why they're doing so bad! Oh yeah i forgot, american companies are too busy with NASCAR! wow that's a tought challenge, all they have to do is hold the steering wheel slightly so that it just turns and keep doing that for 2 hours! wow amazing handling is required there! sarcasm*

2. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from M360</i>
    <b>About the viper, that car is more of a racing car then the ferrari, the ferrari is more of luxury car with amazing power and beauty, it wasn't originally made to be a racing car, ferrari has made other cars for that(F40 and F50) yet the viper is 1 second slower considering all that power and so called awesome handling from the viper and it's still slower. I definatly thought that the viper would win considering it has more power, torque and accelerates quicker in some test then the modena, and that's too bad if it didn't have ABS, obviously the designers failed to realize ABS brakes are better then disc brakes. I guess it took them a couple of years to realize that so their putting ABS on the vipers now.

BTW, there are goin to go 4 F50 GT's made, there are only 3 now though but the last one is being built.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

The Viper that is one second slower than the Modena is the Euro-Spec Viper. Much less horsepower, around 380-400. It takes that Viper to get to 100 over 2 seconds longer than the US-Viper. Huge difference. The US-Spec Viper would make a significant difference, and beat the Modena. After all, the US one now has ABS, and a lot more power.

I believe Guibo noted that the Uk-Viper is slower in the standing mile than the Pontiac TransAm Firehawk. LOL. Too bad the US-Viper can't be tested at Nurburgring.<!-- Signature -->

3. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from M360</i>
    <b>oh adn one more thing, if american companies are so good at making good handling cars, why don't they enter F1 and win, becuase as many people have said F1 is the pinnicle of auto racing and good handling is the main factor in having a winning car! oh wait there is an american company that is in it, jaguar, well it's mostly british but the engine is american and i wonder why they're doing so bad! Oh yeah i forgot, american companies are too busy with NASCAR! wow that's a tought challenge, all they have to do is hold the steering wheel slightly so that it just turns and keep doing that for 2 hours! wow amazing handling is required there! sarcasm*</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Hey, NASCAR visits road courses too (Watkins Glen, Sears Point, Laguna Seca).
    "Many people have said F1 is the pinnacle of auto racing..."
    Well, whoopdefreakin'doo! If many people told you to jump off a bridge, would you? I'll bet you would. Especially if those folks were European.
    The US really doesn't give a rat's ass about Formula One. They care for it about as much as they do for soccer and cycling. The US is mostly about football, basketball, and baseball anyway. Your argument is about as valid as me saying: "Let's see the Europeans come and dominate in football, basketball, and baseball".
    BTW, Ferrari tried to win the Indy 500 and failed miserably. Americans have won the World Driver's Championship and the 24 Hours of Le Mans. Let's see a European come over and dominate in NASCAR or NHRA drag racing. See how silly your comparison is? I knew you wouldn't.

Back to the 'Ring comparison, SvSi hit the nail on the head. You're a moron, if you think that was a full 450/460-hp US-spec Viper. That Viper there had 411 PS (DIN hp), roughly equivalent to the 400 hp of most normal UK-spec Vipers. It weighed 1567 kg. The 360 Modena had 400 PS and weighed 1464 kg. It's power to weight ratio is superior (3.66 kg/DIN hp vs. the Viper's 3.81). It's mid-engined, and comes from a company with a rich history in dominating at road circuits. The Viper has a large engine up front, and comes from a company noted for econoboxes, minivans, and trucks. And without ABS, wouldn't you freakin' expect the Viper to lose big time to the 360 Modena? Yet, it's practically identical, on a long track (13 miles!).
    What does this tell you?
    1) That castrated Viper loses to the 360 Modena in straightline acceleration.
    2) That Viper loses to the 360 Modena under braking.

3) Where is the Viper making up its deficit? Hint: the parts between the straights.

Besides, if you think the Viper was ever MEANT to have ABS, you're an absolute moron with no sense of automotive history whatsoever. I'm still waiting for you answer on why the Viper's engine is as large as it is.

4. #104 Guibo, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from M360</i>
    <b>ok just becuase there are drag racers in the UK and in Finland doesn't mean all of europe drag races!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Who the hell said that *only* the UK and Finland races?

What if I added Sweden to that list? Norway? Germany? Italy? Denmark? Holland? Switzerland? Turkey? At what point will you concede that there are drag racers in all of Europe?

http://www.eurodragster.com/links/clubs.asp

If you're claiming that not all of Europe drag races, that makes more sense. But guess what? Not all of America drag races either. We have many organizations dedicated to road racing, rallying, and karting.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from M360</i>
    <b>...and I guess the Z06 would be faster then the modena, but only by .2 seconds! wow that's amazing except that it has about 110 more ft lbs of torque has a bigger engine as well,</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    ...and it's cheaper as well. By a huge margin. And it has more amenities and a much better warranty to boot.
    Let me know how that bigger engine mounted in the nose is going to help handling. Or braking. It doesn't.
    And of course, since its American, it can't handle, LOL.

5. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Bigblockbrawler426Hemistage8</i>
    <b>very true man!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I agree.<!-- Signature -->

6. buy ambien ambien side effects permanent - ambien side effects back pain

7. address is it possible to get phentermine online - safe purchase phentermine online

8. Continue Reading tramadol jaw clenching - tramadol with acetaminophen high