Re: there's nothing left to argue about

Discussion in '1988 Callaway Sledgehammer Corvette' started by notic, Aug 9, 2002.

1. #1 notic, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  2. i posted this thread 2 days ago, and no one has yet to argue it. why? because u know i'm right. u guys just keep trying to sidetrack whats really going on. u refuse to believe what something is, and in some cases what really happend. ex)the thing with le mans, and thinking u re-invented the pizza...wtf? yea, i guess europe re-invented the modern car then.

3. What's with the pizza thing everyone keeps talking about? I might not know where it came from, but I do know Americans didn't create it. I haven't been on for two days, so I couldn't reply to your thread (I don't spend my life on here like some). Yeah, we like to argue about nothing, but isn't that fun? I do it because it's amusing...I don't know why everyone else does...maybe it's narcissism. In any case, you argue, too. That thing with the Lemans? I don't care. If a car can even complete Lemans, it's a sweet thing and a sweet car. I don't use facts when I complain or insult, and that's the way it should be. Don't confuse fact and opinion like you seem to have a habit of doing. Americans can destroy every other country at once...if you don't believe me, then start a global war. in WW3 we won't have to defend some whiny foreigners, we will just crush everything in our path. Don't steam at the ears, try us, see what you get. Roll some tanks in on American soil and watch your country explode into a fiery crater of nothing.

4. Shut up man Vietnam kicked our ass. You are making us smart Americans look stupid. Please stop!

5. No can do, soldier. I'm going to be arrogant, ignorant, and a total asshole because that's what they think Americans are. If they want to be all high and mighty (no, I'm not dissing foreigners, just the ones who apply) then they can come try to take over the highest and mightiest of powers: me 'n my 'Merica.

6. Cornu, I'm starting to think you arn't American. He didn't even mention Vietnam and you brought up that we got an asswhoopin. I'd hardly call 20-1 an ass whoopin. Though we did win the numbers, we still lost the cause, therefore I believe we lost.

See, FCT's got the idea. He's an American and he's proud, FCT wants to be all the shit you say Americans are so deal with it. Cornu, as an American I find it kind of saddening that you don't see that he has the god given right to do what he's doing.

7. Hate to rain on my parade, but check this out Cornu:
    I'm 17 (according to you, I'm 12...oh well).
    At 17 (or 12) I have a job, high school, college, a girlfriend, a social life, a rock station (Fm but not on the Net).
    With all of that, I have an AA Degree (Associate in/of Arts), a car and a truck.
    Don't call me anything but smart unless it's funny.

8. if your like the almighty or something, why can't u stick to the subject? this is an auto forum. its great that your a true red white and blue patriot. but stick to the task at hand. we are talkin bout cars here, still, no one has posted a decent arguement (or any arguement) to the topic. can't u ppl focus? i'm begining to think some of u have attention deficit disorder.

9. #9 5spoke, Aug 9, 2002
    Notic, why does this car have to be a production car to be on this list. Where does the site metion anything about fastest production cars? Is the site called www.super-production-cars.net?

10. I'm very American but I don't let that blur the truth. And I won't argue this case because I happen to agree with what has been said by Notic.

11. FTC is a 17 year old with a girlfriend. Well then hats off, i'm impressed.
    that makes all your stupid quotes credible now. Because you have a girlfriend. Anymore useless shit you'd like to post.

12. You're smart and said Vietnam kicked our ass? Ok. (BTW, sorry about bringing up politics) Ignorance just has to be stopped. It's contagious.

13. Were you even alive then because I was. Vietnam is communist now. We lost.

14. Well i wasn't alive but, my father was a helicopter mechanic there. Sure, if you want to say we failed our objective, then you are correct. But "asses kicked" implies that we lost most of the battles and more men than they did. Which we didn't. You could probably say the French who were there in the 50's got there asses kicked, but it's still just a normative statement anyway. And it was not the physical combat that was the deciding factor when we finally and thankfully left, it was the intense domestic and international disapproval of the war and the fact that America was politically and logistically confused (our government had its head up its ass, our guys would fight days to defeat the Vietcong and obtain a position and our government would tell them to pullout a few days later). In light of this, i would say no, we did not get our "asses kicked" (on the battle field at least).

15. #15 notic, Aug 9, 2002
    "Notic, why does this car have to be a production car to be on this list. Where does the site metion anything about fastest production cars? Is the site called www.super-production-cars.net?"-5spoke

its not fair because the rest of the other cars on this list are production (or have more than one atleast). would it really be fair if i took a high pressure turbo and put it onto....say a supra and made it the fastest car in the world?. and i would only have to make one because i made it for the sole purposes of achieving this feat.

see, if that would have occured, you guys (aswell as me) would be complaining non-stop if that car had been on the list. anyone with the right amount of resources can tune a factory car to achieve a single purpose....shit, those guys out at the bonneville salt flats do it every year, but their cars arn't on the list, and they damn well shouldn't be.

16. Even though this car is slighlty different from the rocket cars in Utah, I see your point. But, It wouldn't bother me if a reputable or any aftermarket tuner like Koenig or RUF (manu?) made only one superfast car and it landed at the top of this list. I do see the reason for some controversy about this one, however.

17. I'm a 19 year old South African with no car, the fastest car I've ever driven is a 1986 Toyota Cressida 2.8i and you guys are making me feel even more left out than I already am. Someone please fill me in on what the ORIGINAL argument was about.

18. ASS KICKED is a figure of speech. Leave it alone. You did lose however regardless of how.

But I think notic again summed it up well. It goes back to the argument I made in the beginning. Any manufacturer can build one rocket. It shouldn't be a representative of the make however unless it is put into production or at least raced. It also shouldn’t be down as a production car unless the production requirements are made. I know there were arguments over whether it was 20, 50, 100, etc. but either way it is more than 1. This is a production capable prototype.<!-- Signature -->

19. A figure of speech? Really? I thought he was being literal and meant they used their feet as weapons and targeted our asses. Thanks for the clairification. The figure of speech he used was not an accurate explaination of our "type" of defeat. If people would be less sloppy with their language, people (like me) wouldn't have to go off on tangents to correct them.

Who cares if the car isn't an accurate representation of the make. It doesn't need to be to appear on the top of this list, it just needs to go faster than all the other cars. Also, I see your point about its production status (or lack thereof). But, this car was on the market. It was not a prototype. If anyone wanted to buy this car they could have. If the performance claims were fabricated, Callaway could be sued for misrepresentation, etc. So, I still think that it rightfully holds its postion on this list.

20. #20 gsolinas, Aug 9, 2002
    <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 5spoke</i>
    <b>A figure of speech? Really? I thought he was being literal and meant they used their feet as weapons and targeted our asses. Thanks for the clairification. The figure of speech he used was not an accurate explaination of our "type" of defeat. If people would be less sloppy with their language, people (like me) wouldn't have to go off on tangents to correct them.

Who cares if the car isn't an accurate representation of the make. It doesn't need to be to appear on the top of this list, it just needs to go faster than all the other cars. Also, I see your point about its production status (or lack thereof). But, this car was on the market. If was not a prototype. If anyone wanted to buy this car they could have. If the performance claims were fabricated, Callaway could be sued for misrepresentation, etc. So, I still think that it rightfully holds its postion on this list. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Some correction, a loss is a loss.

It still shouldn't be at the top of the list. It isn't faster than all the other cars. The Diablo VTTT is faster, this website just decided to post wrongful (or outdated) stats. And Callaway being sued for misrepresentation probably had a lot more to do with them never selling one than no one placing an order. Think about it. With all the rich car collectors (ie Sultan of Brunei, Jay Leno, Michael Jordan, etc.) you really think no one was interested in this. Granted it is ugly but it is still a collectors item.

By the way cornu took the liberty of finding a site that shows the VTTTs capabilities.

http://www.moslerauto.com/wwwboard/messages/272.html

See for yourself.

I will also add that this car could have been produced for $400,000 (which doesn’t mean they’d sell it at that price that is just the base price). The VTTT base price was $500,000 8 years later. Consider inflation these cars would be relatively the same price had they been produced at the same time. Besides a VTTT can be bought used for less because used models do exist. 6 or 7 were made…not 1.
    <!-- Signature -->

21. and i can drive the vtt on the a road course!

honestly though, even with all the car collectors out there, this car is very very ugly. only people who are interested in cars, would know this was a top-speed car. if u drove this on the street, people would just think its another POS 80's corvette. and would u rather pull up at the country club in this thing, or say....a bugatti veyron?

22. I'd rather pull up in a C5, at least that wasn't an eye sore like this.

23. The link that you posted doesn't prove that the VTTT is faster. I'm not saying that this site is always accurate, they are very often not and this might be one of times, however; you just provided a list, which was provided in response to a query by some random guy. How do you know josh miller's info is correct? He has no credibility. Where did he get his info from? That is like saying the Viper is faster than the GT2 because my friend complied a list and it came ahead of it.

At least I used logic to try and prove a point, you are just taking info from a noncredible source. Good Job.

24. Yeah, what's up with that link? It doesn't prove anything. It just shows some guy can quote some figures off of other websites (that haven't done the actual testing).

Has the Veyron already been tested for top speed and achieved it?

25. It was on a mosler site. The credibility on that site is the same as the credibility of many other sites that get listed here (no not all). Fact is... people are just going to believe whatever is convenient to them anyway. I had also heard earlier that the VTTT was capable of more than what this site claimed but I didn't say anything because I had no proof. Is a mosler site as good as gold? I'd say no. But then a lot of posts that include web links can also be disregarded. <!-- Signature -->