Re: there's nothing left to argue about

Discussion in '1988 Callaway Sledgehammer Corvette' started by notic, Aug 9, 2002.

1. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from gsolinas</i>
    <b>Sorry that's a nice try but the last I checked 255 was 1 whole mile an hour faster than 254. I really see no need in arguing that.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Ahhh buddy next time read a bit more carefully.....

I said those numbers that were brought up by you're friends appear rounded so why don't we round the numbers that the Sledgehammer produced, 254.7 rounded is 255 sorry nice try....

2. I sense a touch of bitterness and maybe desparation from Vette1. I think that it is really bothering him that this might not be the fastest car in the world. LOL Get over it. I bet there are cars produced that we haven't mentioned or haven't been tested that would blow away both these cars. Relax. Besides, ever think maybe they tested it at 255 mph and rounded 410.5 down to an even 410 rather than rounding it up to a speed it hadn't achieved?

3. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from jcazz</i>
    <b>I sense a touch of bitterness and maybe desparation from Vette1. I think that it is really bothering him that this might not be the fastest car in the world. LOL Get over it. I bet there are cars produced that we haven't mentioned or haven't been tested that would blow away both these cars. Relax. Besides, ever think maybe they tested it at 255 mph and rounded 410.5 down to an even 410 rather than rounding it up to a speed it hadn't achieved?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I've stated before I would love to see a car that would top this.

If this isn't the fastest car, it's not going to kill me, I don't own it, and I have no American pride (that I've repeated many times). Its you guys who were saying that there was a car faster, I said prove it. So far you haven't proved anything.

And yes that did strike me, but now correct me if I'm wrong, this was a speed that was achieved by some French Magazine(that now one seems to know about), now doesn't France, like Canada, use the metric system? If so why would they have tested using miles? Even if they don’t, why would they round the speed if they had an actual reading?

Once again, does anyone have any proof of official times?

4. We proved it. You just don't like it.

And the testing probably produced precise numbers. I think the rounding came in the write up on the website. They probably never thought that someone would be splitting hairs so much over what might be as little as .5 of a km.

5. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from jcazz</i>
    <b>We proved it. You just don't like it.

And the testing probably produced precise numbers. I think the rounding came in the write up on the website. They probably never thought that someone would be splitting hairs so much over what might be as little as .5 of a km.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

You did, so how come you can't tell me the magazine that tested the car?

The reason I'm asking for more accurate times is because if you round the top speed of the Sledgehammer you get the same results?

6. If you didn't understand that I'll explain it again, that Lambo's top speed rounded is 410kph/255mph, but they don't say which system they used. If we round the Sledgehammer's time it goes from 409.9kph/254.7mph to 410kph/255mph.

If you want to accept a rounded top speed from the Lambo, shouldn't we round to top speed of the Sledghammer too?
    I'll ask you again, and ask everyone, what was the actual top speed for the Lambo? Who tested it? Where can I find the results?

7. I'm saisfied with what I've read. If you want further proof you've already been told to contact the makers of the website.

Speaking of proof (and don't take this as a personal attack, I'm only curious). You've talked about the Mosler 900TT but I can't find very much info on it. The MT always seems to get more attention. If you can, could you post a site where I can view more info on the 900TT. I've even contacted Mosler Auto over the net but still no response.
    Thanks.<!-- Signature -->

8. interesting..this thread went somewhere..did neone actually contact the website?