Re: these things are fast

Discussion in '1997 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP' started by 94stang5L, Aug 10, 2002.

1. yes the gtp is definitly faster than the specs say..i rented a gp gt and i went 106..dam that was good enuf..plus it didnt even top out..but i was concerned that the speedo went 2 115..but it was a really smooth ride..the brakes wer fast but bumpy...like evry time u tapped the brake..haha it wuld feel like ur ridin on top of boulders. but i rid a different one and the brakes were better. so ya this car is really nice..the super charger duz make a weird sound i agree

2. OK how many times have you seen FandF, is it in the triple digits. See ppl like you that think what you have or what you think you is the coolest thing since sliced bread. I have beaten many imports with mine. So do your Homework and quit watchin the magical world of FandF

3. my friend has a regal GS with this engine and it is fast for a big comfortable sedan,

4. I have a 1998 GTP, it has a borla exhaust system, k&n full intake system,throttle body spacers and a 75 shot zex wet system. My problem is i can't find heavy duty forged pistons to push the 125hp boost from the zex system. Does anyone know where i could get some? I've only had my car a couple of months and i would be more than happy to learn some new things about it. I bought this car at an IRS sale and paid 7k for it, it only has 35,000 miles it's an awesome car V8 performace w/ a V6. Also the HUD and leather is even better. i'm only 18 and this is ny first car i have owned, these cars deserve more respect.

Performance stat's EST:
    340 hp
    360 ft-lbs
    0-60 5.6

5. I have a 1998 GTP, it has a borla exhaust system, k&n full intake system,throttle body spacers and a 75 shot zex wet system. My problem is i can't find heavy duty forged pistons to push the 125hp boost from the zex system. Does anyone know where i could get some? I've only had my car a couple of months and i would be more than happy to learn some new things about it. I bought this car at an IRS sale and paid 7k for it, it only has 35,000 miles it's an awesome car V8 performace w/ a V6. Also the HUD and leather is even better. i'm only 18 and this is ny first car i have owned, these cars deserve more respect.

Performance stat's EST:
    340 hp w/Nitrous
    360 ft-lbs w/Nitrous
    0-60 5.6
    1/4 13.9

6. keep the 75 shot, you need more than pistons to push 125. do the pulley, rockers, pcm, down pipe, headers, cam, etc. your asking for trouble even now the way your set up. if you still want pisons, try getting ahold of zoomer at zzperformance he may be able to help you. if they make it, he knows about it!

7. Hey shutdown99, what are the numbers on your GTP?
    1/4? 0-60? Cause you have alot of stuff in there.

8. I own a 99 GTP. Ive done a few mods now but stock its 0-60 is faster than what this site says. I dont know for sure about the 0-60 but my car ran a 14.79 quarter with no mods! this site says they run 15.2

9. Sorry it's not. I have a 98 4 door gtp and depending on passengers with performance shift on it'll do it between 6.6 and 6.8.

10. my dad has a 2001 i think it is and he let me drive it.that thing is freakin quick and the brakes were very impressive also.I raced a honda civic ex(lol)in it.and it was just hilarious.

11. yeah who ever thinks this car is slow is retarted. I own a 97 GTP coupe with some light mods nothing heavy. and i smoked plenty of ricers. like a civic SI integra GSR acura RSX type S. and many other ricers.