Re: This Car Is A Fraud!!

Discussion in '1988 Callaway Sledgehammer Corvette' started by gsolinas, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Haha, if you go by that website, then the Callaway Sledgehammer's top speed cannot be in doubt, now can it? Can't have your cake and eat it too.
    BTW, the McLaren F1's record in Guiness can't stand either. UNLESS you can actually BUY a pre-production F1 (in this case the prototype XP5) unfettered by the rev limiter found on production F1's.

"OK now I'm done."

LOL! Where have we heard that one before?

And where's your buddy cornu?

2. Here's your letter.

3. gsolinas do me a favor would you stop to destroy the interest of this forum as well to destroy the interest of the viper henessey 800 tt forums.thank you.

4. Bugatti is french dumbass. let me give you a history lesson.
    Pre WW2: Bugatti is a very successful French sports car manufacturer.
    WW2: European economies and cities are utterly destroyed, Small prduction car manufactures all but die out for long periods of time.
    Early '90's: the rights to Bugatti are purchased by a very rich italian, and a lavish factory is made to produce the EB-110. Although sweet, the car does not sell well, and the factory closes.
    late '90's: Bugatti is bought by VW. Production of the veyron will be in France, like it should be.

But european engineering, be it Italian, German, English, or in this case French (even though really its german, because of VW) is lightyears ahead of American engineering.

5. Nice try with the history lesson but Ettore Bugatti was very much Italian and only produced in France because he lived near the French-Italian border and the land was more abundant in France at the time. When the company came back to life it was a relative of Ettore (son I believe, but could be a nephew or something) and a rich investor that brought it back into Italy.

You are right about your last statement though.

6. Dude I know for a fact that this car is for real and top speed deals with straight away so why are you talking about other things than straight away. Yes granted Euro cars are wonderful the best thing to come along but if you going to say somthing like that then get your info straight

7. Well, I don't think anyone ever won an argument by calling people that disagree with them stupid. That said, European and Ferrari fans can be just as biased as American car fans.
    Ferrari is well known to exaggerate its road tests. For the first few years the F50 was out, you couldn't buy one. You had to lease it under special terms by which it still belonged to Ferrari. By this, and other means, Ferrari has long strictly controlled the exposure of its latest supercars to the public, and press. I have read countless "road tests" in which the journalists were allowed to drive the Italian rockets, but not to test them to evaluate the real world value of Ferrari performance claims. Typically, when a model ages, and is replaced by a more current one (after the image of the older model is established and it becomes collectible), Ferrari finally releases its grip, and the cars are tested. It is usually found that the Italian manufacturers claims have been overstated. I don't know about Corvettes, but American manufacturers have made plenty of cars that qualify as exotic. As performance makes a comeback, they are prepared, even as I write this, to unleash still more.
    I will not dispute the value or desirability of a beauty like a 288 GTO. At the same time, the attitude that no U.S. supercars have been made that can compete is a form of elitist car biggotry that is just as distasteful as the beer-in-hand America is great 'n everyone else sucks attitude.Henry Ford the II dispelled that myth forever in the 1960's, and the exotic GT's he built to do it still are front-runners in the supercar market.
    Besides, the "accessible" Vipers and 'Vettes may fall short of the Euro machines, but think how many ZR-1 vettes you could buy for the price of one $500,000 F50.

8. TheHammer,

That was a good post. Unfortunately however, the myth that "no American supercar can compete with an European supercar" is alive and kicking, no matter how absurd it is and no matter how many times itŽs proven to be false. This thread is a good example about it. It never ceases to amaze me how some people get kicks when "their" side is somehow "better" than the "other side", even when they themselves have contributed absolutely nothing to the issue in question.

9. This car is a blend between a Z28 Camaro and a 79 StringRay

10. Hammer,
    The most current Ferraris are being tested constantly all over the world including in American magazines. Cars like the Enzo haven't been officially released yet so they haven't yet been thoroughly tested but the 360 line up, 456 line up and 550 line up have all been tested by sources other than Ferrari themselves. Every manufacturer is probably guilty of exaggerating something (it’s marketing), but Ferrari has made their vehicles accessible to the media for testing purposes. And when they billed the Modena as a 4.3 second 0-60 car Motortrend wound up doing it in 3.9 seconds so I guess it works both ways.

11. I know this is kinda late but i want to say something to am car fan relating to his statement on page 6:

gsolinas, I believe you said that you were Canadian. If that was you then why do you have so much pride for the Europeans? You keep braging about all of the stuff that the Europeans did but nuthing about Canadians. You know that Canadians are Americans? They live on America. People from the U.S. and people from Canada are very similar so if you really are Canadian then when you insult us Americans you are also insulting yourself in a sence.

If i ever met u sometime i would gladly beat the #$%#in shit out of you. AMERICANS ARE NOT CANADIANS!!! I'm not starting more shit about countrys but Canada is MUCH different from America. i Hapen to be from Ontario,Canada and i would like to thank gasolinas for
    telling all the americans who think that they live in the best country in the world. You guys should shut ur damn mouth becuase all u guys do is give America a bad name. I don't have a problem with Americans but i think that unless u know the first thing about cars that u should keep u mouth shut. Much thanks to gasolinas.by the way where u from?

12. I've seen a dodge caravan with a dodge viper motor.

13. Thanks man...respect.
    But I'm not Canadian I'm just living here. I'm actually Italian living in Toronto.

14. I live in the US and I consider the Saleen S7, Panoz Esperante, the Vectors, among others to be exotic machines and they are all built here.

Solinas, wow! You're still here? Keeping the old argument alive. More power to you. I still like the 'vette though :)

15. GET A FRIGGIN' LIFE!

16. I totally agree with vette1. You can say all you want about the new buggati about to come out. But the facts are that its not out yet and the vette has been holding on to its record for almost 15 years. Id love to see some Exotic beet a record like that. Youve goota read between the lines buddy.

17. You are the moron here, before you come back learn what the meaning of an "Exotic Car" is, they are cars you will not see all the time, they are cars that are hand built. Americans consider both the S7 and the Mosler 900 "An Exotic", but I guess in you're books they are not right?

18. vette1

Heck ya!!! You tell'em!!!

19. Hmm its a fraud? I DON'T THIUNK SO!!! With over 400 replies I would not say it is a fraud and can you not get that through your Hoover Dam thick skull? We know Ferraris are awesome but we love our AMERICAN CARS OK! There is somnthing about the Corvette that I am sure you don't know because you drive your little Honda Insight around because you are one of those greenies I am sure. You are just say you are a part of the Ferrari club because it makes you look cool. While us Americans know our Corvettes, F-Bodies (OH YEAH!), Mustangs, GTO's, Marauders and Muscle Cars you just brag about the Ferraris and their "superiority" over the Corvette. Then why does the Corvette beat your Ferraris again and again at Le Mans and on tests? Us Americans are doing 0-60 now in our Lingenfelter Corvette 427 Twin Turbo in 1.97 seconds and 0-100 in 4.33 seconds. I can't see what you don't like about the Corvette, must be because you are a stuck up, greenie who hates REAL CARS!!!!!!

20. HOLY CRAP YOU ARE A MORON!!!!!!!!!!!
    This car is 18 YEARS OLD!!!!!!!!! And back in the day could any car in the world, German, Italian, or anyone, keep up with this vette NO let me repeat this one more time for your brain to comprehend NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And now the top vette is the Lingenfelter 427tt 0-60 in 1.9 sec!!!!! And 0-100 in 4.4 sec!!!!!!!! Can any of your italian engineering keep up with that!!!!!!!

Here is a picture just for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. Your right!!!

22. HOLD UP, HOLD UP! FIRST OF ALL, ANYBODY HERE WHO IS DISSING AMERICAN EXOTICS CAN KISS MY ASS, LICK MY BALLS, AND GIVE HEAD! WHICH ONE OF YOU GUYS ARE DISSING AMERICAN CARS? IF YOU GIVE AMERICAN CARS RESPECT, I WILL GET THE **** OUT OF THIS FORUM AND LEAVE YOU ALONE! GSOLINAS, I LOVE EUROPEAN EXOTICS AND EVERYTHING, BUT TELL ME THIS. DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING AGAINST AMERICAN EXOTICS? BECAUSE IF YOU DO, THEN YOU'RE JUST BEEN A *****-ASS HATING ON BADASS AMERICAN EXOTICS LIKE THE CORVETTE, VIPER, GT-40, SALEEN S7, SALEEN MUSTANG, CALLAWAY C7R, CALLAWAY C-12, AND ALL THE GREAT, PATRIOTIC, BADASS CARS. ANOTHER THING. YOU'RE SAYING THAT ALL THE EUROPEAN CARS ARE THE BEST? YEAH FUCKING RIGHT! YOU HAVE GOT TO KNOW THE FACTS THAT THERE ARE SORRY ASS EUROPEAN CARS. FRENCH CARS ARE HORRIBLE, AND FIATS ARE ONLY MADE IN ITALY, VOLVOS BREAK DOWN EASILY, AND VW'S JUST LOOK PLAIN GAY! IF YOU INSULT AMERICAN, THINK ABOUT IT CAREFULLY AND REALIZE THAT AMERICANS CAN MAKE GOOD CARS. WE'RE NOT JUST ALL ABOUT TRUCKS.

23. Exactly!!!

24. HOLY CRAP YOU ARE A MORON!!!!!!!!!!!
    This car is 18 YEARS OLD!!!!!!!!! And back in the day could any car in the world, German, Italian, or anyone, keep up with this vette NO let me repeat this one more time for your brain to comprehend NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And now the top vette is the Lingenfelter 427tt 0-60 in 1.9 sec!!!!! And 0-100 in 4.4 sec!!!!!!!! Can any of your italian engineering keep up with that!!!!!!!

25. Hmmm...gsolinas=cornu? Same IP's, yet they act like they don't know each other. Curious.