Re: This Car Is A Fraud!!

Discussion in '1988 Callaway Sledgehammer Corvette' started by gsolinas, Aug 9, 2002.

1. well said gsolinas!
    #$%# their bullshit. lets talk cars.
    i find those stats hard to believe too. and i like american cars. those just sound like factory figures.
    but i don't care. this thing might have been thought of and developed in 88 but its 2002 and it still hasn't been produced. its an unrealistic fraud like you said earlier. i can think of a dozen people that would order this. my boss, father in law etc. $400,000. LOL there are people that piss more than that away. no one ordering this is a crock of shit. it wasn't produceable...sounds more likely.

2. As an American you are in no position to call anyone arrogant.
    Face it the whole world despises your "high and mighty" attitudes. You are a perfect example. <!-- Signature -->

3. gsolinas, I doubt your "educated life experiences" in the states took the form of objective education. You sound like such an open-minded, well eduated guy. Among other things, you have called ALL Americans ignorant, arrogant, and unintelligent. People that assert such over-arching sweeping generalizations are usually ignorant and uneducated themselves. I would agree with you that you could make a pretty solid case with some of the guys on this web site but that would hardly be accurate. But you already knew that cause you are soo "educated" and "intelligent".Also, is there any particular reason why you feel the need to remind us this every other post?

4. I have one question regarding the comments that both gsolinas and vette1 were making towards the z06 and the 360 modena. What are the price ranges on both those cars? Ever think about that also being an issue?

5. I never called "all" Americans arrogant. I have plenty of friends in the States that are not (I have already stated that). But the majority do fit the quota...especially you guys. If you guys would simply appreciate other's achievements rather than bashing European cars, like so many have (maybe not you necessarily but plenty on these forums have), there would be less "anti-American bashing".

And the price difference is constantly brought up. Mainly because there isn't much you can say about the Z06's performance, luxury, handling, etc. So Vette fans resort to pointing out that the 360 costs more. I said it before and I'll say it again. You get what you pay for. If you in a Z06 and another guy in a 360 line up and you get smoked...what will you say to everyone laughing? "At least I spent less". It costs more because it is better, in speed, handling, luxury, beauty, prestige, and is a much smoother ride despite being more of a racer.
    <!-- Signature -->

6. When i enter a Forum for a European or Asian car that deserves some respect (like this one) and some moron types "all Euro cars suck sh$#" or for the poets, "jap is Crap" i get pissed off too. But don't tell me there aren't plently of ignorant Eurocentric snobs on this site too.just look at some of the tread titles in this forum. "American cars can only drive straight". There are some European guys on this site that couldn't be more haughty. Yeah, there are plently of arrogant Americans but there are plently of arrogant Europeans too.
    As you intelligently pointed out (not sarcastic) I haven't said a bad word about Euro cars. I'd kill for an M5 or a 360. I've got a poster depicting the 1,2 Mercedes finish by Fangio and Kling at the Grand Prix at Frankrig in 1954. Unlike some guys in here, I don't let national pride blind my reason.
    Also, to the guys making derogatory comments about Italians, just because the term "white trash" is thrown at every American on this site, throwing another racist comment back is not the best way to prove a point. As an Italian-American, I can say that both of these comments are both offensive and ignorant.
    BTW, national pride didn't stop Fangio from crapping on the competition in a Merc.

7. You've never said ALL Americans, but you damn sure implied it. I NEVER trashed euro cars or Europeans, try and find a post.

What if the 360 and the ZO6 lined up and the 360 lost, that would be absolutely more embarassing.

I could say by the same measurments that you are in no position to be arrogant, face it, Americans hate you here because of your asshole like attitude and inability to see anything in a different light. You and I know that I wasn't slanted against Europeans or their cars when I started talking to you, you brought this European vs. American hatred to a new high.

8. Thats the fun of conversation, you never know where it will end up.

9. Yeah they tend to sidetrack themselves when I touch on a nerve.

For a Z06 to beat a Modena the Modena driver would have to mess up pretty bad.

And I never said this car was shit, I just disagree when people (especially on other forums) mention this car like it’s the best car on Earth.

And don’t say I started the US vs. the World bullshit because I only responded to some seriously egotistical comments made by others.

If me refusing to admit that the US makes the best cars in the world makes me seem like an asshole to you, fine. But most would see that as a sign of intelligence instead.
    <!-- Signature -->

10. Wow, Gunther W. I wouldn't have done it, but it had to be done and I give you a huge welcoming in doing so. Oh and thanks for the information on Ferrari's F1 counterparts. Now gsolinas has no room to talk(not that he did before).
    *Quote from Saturday Night Live's -Celebrity Jeopardy-: "Ya screwed me for the last time Trebek! What, with your Dego mustache and your greasy hair!"
    P.S. I'm usually not into the ethnic slurs but I believe gsolinas is getting what he deserves (not to mention I was LMFAO at what Gunther W and SNL Celeb Jeop said)<!-- Signature -->

11. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from EvilNinjaMoby</i>
    <b>1st off, who bombed the #$%#in japs to stop them? Second of All remember the GT40 is the only car to win LeMans 4 times in a row...and in one year I believe had a 123 finish. and the 360 costs more because import tax+gas guzzler tax+ luxury tax+ limited quantity+HP= Alot of money.. Cuba the Military wasnt involved.. the CIA tried to incite a revolt. BTW, Who kick saddams ass, who is kicking ass in Afghanistan, who kicked the #$%#in britts asses out of the US, who kicked mexicos ass out of the US
    , as for Somalia.. ok we lost what 18 troops... we took out over 100 of theirs. As for Veitnam, yes we pulled out, but look at the death toll.. they lost ALOT more people than we did.

<!-- QUOTE --></b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

The Porsche 956 won Le Mans 4 times in a row as well (1982,83,84,85)

12. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Am Car fan</i>
    <b>Do you not understand why we used the nukes? There are some very good reasons. One was that no other country in the world had nukes at the time so there was no threat of nuclear war. Two, the United States was nuetral in the war until Japan bombed Pearl Harbor. They brought us into the war so we decided to end it. Three, why not use it. It ended the war didn't it? It did what it was made to do. They brought us into the war and they payed the price.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I agree, so why didn't you guys bomb the snot out of Saddam?

13. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Will938</i>
    <b>You've never said ALL Americans, but you damn sure implied it. I NEVER trashed euro cars or Europeans, try and find a post.

What if the 360 and the ZO6 lined up and the 360 lost, that would be absolutely more embarassing.

I could say by the same measurments that you are in no position to be arrogant, face it, Americans hate you here because of your asshole like attitude and inability to see anything in a different light. You and I know that I wasn't slanted against Europeans or their cars when I started talking to you, you brought this European vs. American hatred to a new high.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

so calling Ferrari "the whore of the car world" is not trashing Euro-cars I take it?

14. If i compared car to car, record to record, the euro's have got the Americans beat hands down. Do i really need to prove this to u? The facts are there, u can see that modern innovation for the auto industry is coming from europe.

They say that F1 is the pinnacle of automotive engineering, but has an American auto manufacturer ever really made there mark in this catagory? Sure Ford made some awesome engines that powered many great drivers to victory, but this was with the help of Cosworth. But anyways, i'm getting way off topic here.

And for the record, i have nothing against Americans or America. I actually really enjoy visiting America. What i'm wondering is why (with all there resources) they can't build great cars to compete on a global scale.

I think u all need to put your patriotism, nationalism, and flag-waving jingoism aside (for whatever country) and see these cars for there real ability.

15. Re: Gsolinas

Sure, give me change, you're not worth the money. The Native Americans DOCUMENTED it with cave paintings, and so did the Vikings, jackass. "You make it so easy." No, you just can't read. All these non-sequitors you spit out constantly are meaningless to everyone but you and your retarded Goof Troop. I suggest speaking lessons, amigo, you do not sound well. -FCT

(Hostility holds no name, only action)

16. again notic made perfect sense. besides, audi domintaes lemans and they are european. ferrari focuses on formula 1, and win.

i don't see why it should matter but why don't we speak native indian? and why didn't they establish governments? they were here first but europeans did introduce the east to the west and civilize it. i bet most of you here are of european descent. so why take that away from the europeans. it is how it happened.

17. No you don’t have the money. **** it I’ll reimburse you. Really come. Now you are even denying the existence of actual historic exploration? You should stick to cars, you look less stupid that way. But you still look stupid.
    <!-- Signature -->

18. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ReeK</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Am Car fan</i>
    <b>Only 3 companies last year beat the Corvette and the Viper in the Le Mans which were both in the top 10 (Corvette at #6) Audi's took the top 3. The Panoz Spider took 4th and some other odd car tood #5. Not Porches or McLarens or Ferraries.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Ferrari haven't had a factory team at Le Mans since like 1973, The Mclarens are old now, and comparing US cars to Porsche at Le Mans! don't even go there.

back to the topic...I remain sceptical that this should be classified as a 'production' car, but nevertheless all credit to Callaway for producing this machine, it obviously achieved it's goal - to set a speed record, what more can you ask for? sure Euro exotics handle better, but they're designed for it. I'm pretty sure when Callaway offered it for sale at $400,000 their selling motto wasn't "great handling", it would have been something more like "254 MPH!".</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Actually they haven't had a team since 1969. The last year the GT40 raced in the Le-Mans. I already corrected my-self there. I also forgot to mention the Panoz Spider which took 4th in 2000. I believe that that is also an American car.

19. i went t a car auction in atlantic city, nj. they had a callaway corvette, with the same twin turbos on the engine, the same bodywork, everything was the same about it as this car, so either they made more than 1 of these, it wasn't the fully tuned sledgehammer, or i was dreaming

(it was also red)

there was no reserve on the car, no high bid, nothing price or authenticity (of it being a full fledged sledgehammer) related on the car other than the monster engine inside
    the owner must have been wandering around looking at cars...

and also a german mapmaker (i forget his name) named america after vespucci, vespucci did not name it when he discovered it, it was named like 10 years later<!-- Signature -->

20. Yeah but it was named after Vespucci.

Thats interesting though what year was it.

21. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Am Car fan</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ReeK</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Am Car fan</i>
    <b>Only 3 companies last year beat the Corvette and the Viper in the Le Mans which were both in the top 10 (Corvette at #6) Audi's took the top 3. The Panoz Spider took 4th and some other odd car tood #5. Not Porches or McLarens or Ferraries.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Ferrari haven't had a factory team at Le Mans since like 1973, The Mclarens are old now, and comparing US cars to Porsche at Le Mans! don't even go there.

back to the topic...I remain sceptical that this should be classified as a 'production' car, but nevertheless all credit to Callaway for producing this machine, it obviously achieved it's goal - to set a speed record, what more can you ask for? sure Euro exotics handle better, but they're designed for it. I'm pretty sure when Callaway offered it for sale at $400,000 their selling motto wasn't "great handling", it would have been something more like "254 MPH!".</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Actually they haven't had a team since 1969. The last year the GT40 raced in the Le-Mans. I already corrected my-self there. I also forgot to mention the Panoz Spider which took 4th in 2000. I believe that that is also an American car.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

are you sure about 1969? Ferrari participated in the world sportscar championship until 1973, and as Le Mans was part of that, I see no reason for them to not have competed.

22. Sometimes Americans like to rewrite history.<!-- Signature -->

23. Yes I'm sure. It was the forth year in a row that the GT40 had won the Lemans and Ferrari dropped out.

24. In case you haven't noticed...since then Ferrari has dominated their main focus. Formula 1.<!-- Signature -->

25. why do u idiots keep repeating stupid facts? this is becoming extremely redundent.

1) it is clear that this is not a production car (we've already gone through the arguement that making 1 car is not considered production). SoupedUpSupra claims his car is lightening fast, so does that mean his tuned car should be on this list also?? he only made one too!(nice car by the way).

2) this car is not even from the factory. unlike the bugatti, or the mclaren (which built there own chasis)this is just a modified car.

3) are u really going to be spoon-fed the information callaway gives to u? they won't even let anyone test this car. kinda makes u wonder if they have something to hide huh?

4) AM Car Fan argues his point that this car was built for top-speed, and decent handling. Fine, i agree that it does,and i'll also agree that for 80's technology its pretty good. but it still shouldn't be on the top of this list or on this list at all (because of the facts stated in 1,2,and 3).