Re: This Car Is A Fraud!!

Discussion in '1988 Callaway Sledgehammer Corvette' started by gsolinas, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Finally, some common sense made it back into the forum. Thank you Notic. <!-- Signature -->

2. yeah excellent summary notic.

3. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Am Car fan</i>
    <b>Yes I'm sure. It was the forth year in a row that the GT40 had won the Lemans and Ferrari dropped out.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

so from 1970 to 1973, when the Ferrari factory raced the 512S and 312PB in the World Sportscar championship (Including Le Mans) you're saying that it never actually happened. What is it then? a huge conspiracy involving Ferrari, the world sportscar championship officials and Le Mans officials?

4. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ReeK</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Am Car fan</i>
    <b>Yes I'm sure. It was the forth year in a row that the GT40 had won the Lemans and Ferrari dropped out.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

so from 1970 to 1973, when the Ferrari factory raced the 512S and 312PB in the World Sportscar championship (Including Le Mans) you're saying that it never actually happened. What is it then? a huge conspiracy involving Ferrari, the world sportscar championship officials and Le Mans officials?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

haha well said Reek! You can't argue with him and what gsolinas said is true, Americans do rewrite history becuase apparently pizza is american! lol it's funny to argue with you people!<!-- Signature -->

5. i'm tellin u, its the american tv. its biased and makes u think things....like how they invented pizza. and how ferrari pulled out of le mans.

6. I believe he ment to say we reinvented pizza.

Ferrari didn't sell to Ford and got a beat down.

7. #132 gsolinas, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    LOL. Ferrari even named one of their GT cars in the 60’s after their successful wins at LeMans. Besides, for all you GT40 fans, the Gt40 was designed and built in the UK by the British and even piloted by non Americans. I already know I’ll be asked to prove it so I’ll post some articles at the end. The first indicates how it was built and the other mentions how Bruce Mclaren himself (a New Zealander) piloted it to victory. I will also add that the movement towards successful races for Ford was pioneered by Lee Iacocca. That’s right…an Italian. It’s amazing what you can learn when you read stuff that didn’t come out of the States.

http://www.canadiandriver.com/articles/bv/gt40.htm

http://www.geocities.com/nihat1984/
    <!-- Signature -->

8. And Lee Iaccocca chose what country for residence? Say, didn't some Americans pilot Ferraris to victories at Le Mans and the Formula One World Championship? I wonder how much England or New Zealand had to do with those GT40 engines.

9. Plenty they designed them.

And be happy Lee lived there, he saved Ford.

And when Americans piloted Ferraris they were Americans in an Italian car. When the GT40s won they were British cars piloted by a New Zealander.<!-- Signature -->

10. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Guibo</i>
    <b>And Lee Iaccocca chose what country for residence? Say, didn't some Americans pilot Ferraris to victories at Le Mans and the Formula One World Championship? I wonder how much England or New Zealand had to do with those GT40 engines.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

the US has had 2 F1 world champions, 1961 Phil Hill driving for Ferrari, and 1978 Mario Andretti driving for Lotus. Chris Amon was a New Zealander who drove the GT40 to victory one year. New Zealand had little input into the actual cars, that was mostly British input.

11. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Will938</i>
    <b>I believe he ment to say we reinvented pizza.

Ferrari didn't sell to Ford and got a beat down.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Ferrari lost 4 Le mans races, since 1969 Ford has been beating Ferrari in what?

12. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Guibo</i>
    <b>And Lee Iaccocca chose what country for residence? Say, didn't some Americans pilot Ferraris to victories at Le Mans and the Formula One World Championship? I wonder how much England or New Zealand had to do with those GT40 engines.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

And where are they now? <!-- Signature -->

13. #138 vader, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from gsolinas</i>
    <b>LOL. Ferrari even named one of their GT cars in the 60’s after their successful wins at LeMans. Besides, for all you GT40 fans, the Gt40 was designed and built in the UK by the British and even piloted by non Americans. I already know I’ll be asked to prove it so I’ll post some articles at the end. The first indicates how it was built and the other mentions how Bruce Mclaren himself (a New Zealander) piloted it to victory. I will also add that the movement towards successful races for Ford was pioneered by Lee Iacocca. That’s right…an Italian. It’s amazing what you can learn when you read stuff that didn’t come out of the States.

http://www.canadiandriver.com/articles/bv/gt40.htm

http://www.geocities.com/nihat1984/
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Here we go for all you pigheaded Europeans out there (sorry for you Europeans out there who aren't making the flag you wave look bad)
    GT-40 MkI built in Detioit (USA)
    Structual Design - Ford's Dearborn studio (in USA, American Employees)
    Tests - Wind tunnel tests conducted at U. of Maryland (in USA)
    Engine - 4.7 Liter (289 cid) Ford V8, out of Fairlane (from USA)
    Engine Modifications - Work of Carroll Shelby (American Citizen)
    General Manager - Lee Iacocca (American Citizen)
    CONSULTANTS - John Wyer(England, not Italy), Carroll Shelby(American)
    Driver - Phil Hill (American) (Set fastest lap and track record)

GT-40 MkII (changes from MkI) built in Detroit (USA)
    Engine - 7.0 Liter (427 cid) Ford designed NASCAR engine (made in USA)
    Driver - Bruce McLaren (New Zealander, not European) (Won '66 Le Mans)

GT-40 MkIII (changes from MkII) built in Dearborn (USA)
    Engine - 4.7 Liter (289 cid) Ford V8 (made in USA)

GT-40 MkIV (changes from Mk III) built in Dearborn (USA)
    Engine - 7.0 Liter (427 cid) Ford designed NASCAR engine (made in USA)
    Driver - Dan Gurney (American, Team Ford driver) (Won '67 Le Mans)

Gsolinas is making up silly excuses of how his precious Ferraris were cheated out of a win by a so-called non-American Ford car. As you can see, the information I gathered from the sites that gsolinas provided indicate that the GT-40 is American designed, built in America, and an All American Car! John Wyer was a CONSULTANT and had VERY LITTLE to do with the design of the car and its mechanics. Bruce McLaren was only a driver and did not do anything to make the car what it was mechanically. He was also not the only one to win Le Mans. ONE LAST THING...NOWHERE DOES IT STATE THAT GT-40 HAD ANYTHING TO DO WITH ITALY EXCEPT FOR THE MUTILATION OF FERRARI AT LE MANS.<!-- Signature -->

14. Also this Corvette is ALL AMERICAN!!! Seeing as Ford has nothing to do with the Sledgehammer, I thought I'd bring that up.<!-- Signature -->

15. thank you Vader for putting up facts.

16. Where in his quote does it state that the GT40 was Italian? How stupid are you. He said Iacocca was Italian and he was (ethnically). And Ferraris racing history needs no excuses. Besides he never made any of those either. He said that Ford turned to Britain for some of the mechanical work and that one of the drivers (Mclaren) was a New Zealander. All true.

If it makes you feel better continue to twist the facts and quotes around to distract from the fact that the car was not an “all american car” but the truth remains the same. Europeans were involved and New Zealanders hands were on the steering wheel. We all know it, and so do you, so shut up.

Quote from the article: “Ford's search for international sports racing expertise took them to England, and the services of ex-Aston Martin racing team manager John Wyer.”

And no one said the Vette wasn’t all American. So what’s that got to do with it.

17. i'm tellin u! they keep tryin to re-write there own history and they only see what they wan't to see....u can't educate the ignorant...

18. That could have been one of the most idiotic things I've heard in a while.
    The definition of "ignorant" is lacking knowledge. So, for one to be educated they must to some degree be lacking knowledge, meaning they must to some degree be ignorant. Can't be taught if you already know.

19. WELL ANYONE WITHOUT A BMW OR CORVETTE COULD SUCK BALLZ AND ANYONE WITH GM I GIVE PROPS TOO THEY KNO THEIR CARS OBVIOUSLY HEY IM LOOKIN INTO BUYIN A 71 CHEVELLE ANYONE GOT ANY? ILL BUY IT OFF U BUT NEED TO LOOK SEE FIRST

20. PPL CURSE THIS CAR BUT THE TRUTH IS THEIR PROBABLY JUST MAD CUZ GM AINT GOT NUTTIN BETTER TO DO THEN JUST LOOK ROUND AND MAKE ONE GREAT SOUPED UP CAR. NAME ONE LAMBOGHINI PIECE OF SHIYT THAT COULD ACTUALLY BEAT A CORVETTE. THOSE HIGH PRICED SHIYTS ARE FOR PPL WITOUT MINDS AND LIKE OPENING DOORS BY PULLIN EM UP

21. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from jcazz</i>
    <b>Where in his quote does it state that the GT40 was Italian? How stupid are you. He said Iacocca was Italian and he was (ethnically). And Ferraris racing history needs no excuses. Besides he never made any of those either. He said that Ford turned to Britain for some of the mechanical work and that one of the drivers (Mclaren) was a New Zealander. All true.

If it makes you feel better continue to twist the facts and quotes around to distract from the fact that the car was not an “all american car” but the truth remains the same. Europeans were involved and New Zealanders hands were on the steering wheel. We all know it, and so do you, so shut up.

Quote from the article: “Ford's search for international sports racing expertise took them to England, and the services of ex-Aston Martin racing team manager John Wyer.”

And no one said the Vette wasn’t all American. So what’s that got to do with it.
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->I know Iacocca was "ethnically" an Italian. But to call him an Italian is like calling me a Scotsman. I have a Scotish name BUT I am an AMERICAN. Iacocca was also an AMERICAN. I mean, the last time I checked, the United States was its own country and its people were allowed to call themselves Americans. Didn't Britain lose the war or is that something else we "ignorant Americans" "twisted around". I think you Europeans are making up excuses because you don't want people to think that your precious Ferraris got beat in Le Mans by an American car. Yes... an American car. Look at the whole story, not just the part about Europe. John Wyer was a CONSULTANT. GET IT... CONSULTANT. A person in the racing business who Iacocca got information from. Bruce McLaren was NOT the only driver of the GT-40. Some Americans also drove it to victory. Take McLaren out of the picture and GT-40 still would have put Ferrari to shame(not to "twist around the story" but just thought I state that fact). As for my statment on the Corvette, well I just thought I'd establish that it too was all American before you Europeans made it out to be from Italy or Germany or something. Oh, and don't call names like "stupid". It makes you sound childish. Oh.... Wait....<!-- Signature -->

22. I will give you the fact that it doesn't look very good but you cannot call it a fraud they never said it was a production car. The Z06 is a 50,000 dollar car compared to your foreign cars which cost more than double. You still haven't proven that this car is a fraud.

23. As of right now, April 16, 2002 12:45pm EDT, gsolinas has 296 posts and notic has 51 posts. More than 75% of both these guys' posts are in the "1988 Chevrolet Callaway Sledgehammer Corvette Forum". I say ignore them both because they obviously are insecure about whatever it is they're trying to defend (their cars, their minds, their small penises, the fact that they eat/blow their moms/dads, etc.). Otherwise they wouldn't spend all of they're time bashing on American cars.<!-- Signature -->

24. Name a Diablo that can beat a Corvette. Are you serious? That is ridiculous! Take every production Corvette ever made and compare it to the production Lamborghinis that were around and the Vettes get out performed and outclassed every time. The VTTT beats even this car (unless you believe the specs on this sit LOL).

If Vettes outsold all the other cars it is because they are mass produced when exotics are made in small numbers. Not to mention they are built cheap to be sold cheap.

No one said Iacocca had an Italian citizenship, but he was a “paisano“. And I could sit here and mention the numerous times Ferrari raped American cars in Lemans (which is why they built the GT40 in the first place) but like it or not that car had foreign influence. Go ahead and split hairs but if John Wyer’s role was so miniscule why did they go all the way to Britain for it? And no one ever claimed the Corvettes are European…where the hell did you get that?

And this car is a Fraud because it is not a real Chevrolet Corvette. It is a Chevrolet/Callaway co-production so it is unfair for Vette owners to go on Ferrari forums and say “the Vette is better…look at the sledgehammer”. Production Vettes don’t perform like this.

Vader that was the stupidest thing I ever read. Does me consistently being right bother you that much? LOL Talk about having nothing better to do…you are monitoring how many of my posts are in certain forums. Now because you can’t prove me wrong I eat my mom? Really sophisticated. I hope you die of cancer you ignorant #$%#ing pig.
    <!-- Signature -->

25. Look guys! He's crying again!
    *sob* ...but my VTTT is better! ...Vettes are cheap! ...Ferrari beat Ford in Le Mans who cares if Ford hasn't been trying since the GT-40 in the 60's! ...Ford went to Britain for racing expertise but I'm positive Wyer did so much more for the GT-40! ...This Corvette isn't a Corvette! ...Vader's being a poopyhead! I hope that ignorant pig dies of cancer.

Die of cancer. And he calls ME unsophisticated and an ignorant pig? HA! I wasn't monitoring you're posts. I came to the Sledgehammer forum to say that I LIKED the car and all I see on the left-hand side of my screen is "gsolinas". If you don't like the car and prefer Ferrari then GO TO THE FU(KING FERRARI FORUMS AND STOP BEING A PAIN IN THE ASS HERE! CHRIST ALMIGHTY, I think this guy has some serious problems (or he's a child).<!-- Signature -->