Re: This car is so crap look at these figures!

Discussion in '1999 HSV Maloo' started by dumbo, Aug 9, 2002.

1. This car is so crap look at these figures!

Holdens really cant make utes for crap.
    In Motor mag. they did a 1/4 mile test between the csv 265kw ute and the new XR8 pursuit 250kw
    The 1/4 figures are:
    Ford: 14.62
    Holden: 14.76
    Holdens are still slower with 15 extra kw and look a lot craper!

2. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from XR8 Rules</i>
    <b>Holdens really cant make utes for crap.
    In Motor mag. they did a 1/4 mile test between the csv 265kw ute and the new XR8 pursuit 250kw
    The 1/4 figures are:
    Ford: 14.62
    Holden: 14.76
    Holdens are still slower with 15 extra kw and look a lot craper!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->What about the VS 2 SS which does 0-100 in 6.9 seconds with only 168kw compared to the AU2 Falcon with 200kw which does it in 7.6 seconds.
    Oh and I think you forgot to mention that they boys at motor decided that the CSV was a better car!

3. funny how he left that part out about the csv winning after all,

4. holdens beat fords shit

look
    holdens have always kicked fords ass
    new holden gts
    12.5sec
    new xr8

thats in quater mile
    now what u think about fords dickhead

5. Yeah interesting hey

6. Re: holdens beat fords shit

Neither of those 2 cars are that quick...the HSV GTS did a best of about 13.5 for the quarter and the XR8 probably around 14.5/15

7. Ahh guys i think he was just bagging Holden Utes, not Holden the company

8. holdens suck and cant make V8s for shit, as a matter in fact they don't even make their own goddamn engines.
    Nissan r390 gt1: 0-100kph 3.3 secs

9. Oh well, if the Holden V8 wasn't to your taste, there is the CSV 5800i which was a Holden engine...with 310kw@5500rpm and 636nm@5500rpm...and that was in 1996.

10. holdens rule, the maloo is sweet but i must admit the 2003 ford BA series is pretty damn impressive, the XR6 is beating the holdens and the XR8 hasn't even come out, butm what does it matter holdens are going to rule the Australian car industry forever!!!!

11. First of all, Holdens kick ass. I am probably one of few un the United States that follows AVESCO with passion. Secondly I would like to say that you guys should look at 2002 Holdens, they absolutely kick ass. Look at the 427. Thirdly, since a bunch of holden folks are in here, can you guys give me some icons?

12. Big deal, when Holden DID make V8's they were ten times the engine compared with the Ford V8's

13. That is completely true. Ford's could not compete and they won't be able to for at least a few more years.