Re: This car is the ruler of all muscle cars!!

Discussion in '1970 Plymouth Road Runner Superbird 440' started by dodge_punk, Aug 10, 2002.

1. This car is the ruler of all muscle cars!!

YOU CHEVY PEOPLE MAY THINK THIS IS UGLY. BUT CHECK OUT THE HP. AND THE 0-60 IN 5.5. THAT MAKES THIS AND THE HEMI CUDA FASTER THEN ANY CHEVY MUSCLE CAR EVER MADEEEEEE!

2. go for a spin in a 442<!-- Signature -->

3. If you are looking at quarter mile times stock an LS6 Chevelle runs 13.12 @ 107 mph and a superbird 13.50 @ 105 mph

4. Oh and by the way an LS6 Chevelle has 450 stock horsepower

5. I prefer the 'Cuda, but this has a higher top speed. The engine is underrated for this car as many have stated before. Either way awsome car. (So is the Chevelle). For old cars though I prefer Mopar.

6. have you ever heard the names Corvette Stingray

7. yeah i have. but do you understand that NOTHING touches a Hemi. it doesn't matter what car you have it in. THE 426 HEMI IS THE KING. And don't forget that you can get a 588 cubic inch Hemi too with 900 hp. Now lets see a chevy or ford top. that is with out anything done to the block either. MOPARS RULE!!!!!!!

8. Ford 427 Single overhead cam

1500 HP max hp

1000 HP stock internals

700 HP stock

TOPPED<!-- Signature -->

9. This is a nice car , but I'd take a '70 Hemi Cuda Convertible over it. As of late , Ford has been behind in performance, but RULED ! in the 60's with the 427,428 C.J., and 427 SOHC Engine , where not outlawed.
    BTW a 427 cammer is probably the truest "hemi" engine built at that time. If this Engine hadn't been outlawed , there wouldn't have been any, if much competition ! (except in the Ford \Mercury Camp) .... <!-- Signature -->

10. Don't forget the rare 73 SD-455 Trans Am DeLorean fired. Sure it was no match for the 472 Cobra but irt would take any Hemi on.
    Faster 0-60 at 5.3 and a 1/4 mile in 13.8 though it's top speed was around 12mph slower it didn't have the ass kicking,Nascar banning wing that looks so good. Even though I love the TA more this is a great example of American muscle beening more than just muscle this car was decades ahead of it's time, why is it that all those import racers have huge spoilers and wings, it's because of this and the Dodge Daytona 500. So next time you Jap car racers laugh at a muscle car just remember that it started it all and it will finish it all.

11. i like the daytona better.

12. what about the l88 vette? it had more than 550 hp and a tops speed over 170. they even have one that topped out at 213. it did the 1/4 in 11 and 60 in 4. so dont tell me that chevy cant beat it. i love mopar and old fords in fact i own a 75 dart. i only have a 318 but im looking for a 340 or 360 to rebuild and put in it. im also gonna put a bigger rearend in it. the only reason i dont have a vette is b/c im only 17 and cant afford one or the insurance either. mopars are bad though and that hemi is awesome but the l88 will beat it. sorry

13. and there is also the ZL1 Vette<!-- Signature -->

14. Hey L88 Corvette dude! It was the ZL1 that had 550 HP, and just for the record, it had 585, but who's counting. But think about this, they only sold about 3 of those Vettes... back in 71... Just figured I'd clear it up. I just wanted to add about the Hemi motors. There was a mention about the 588 ci Hemi, that could produce 900 HP, but let's not forget that is NATURALLY ASPIRATED!! None of that turbo or supercharger junk that makes a Chev go fast, Dodge's don't need that help!! GO MOPAR!!<!-- Signature -->

15. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Am_Muscle</i>
    <b>Hey L88 Corvette dude! It was the ZL1 that had 550 HP, and just for the record, it had 585, but who's counting. But think about this, they only sold about 3 of those Vettes... back in 71... Just figured I'd clear it up. I just wanted to add about the Hemi motors. There was a mention about the 588 ci Hemi, that could produce 900 HP, but let's not forget that is NATURALLY ASPIRATED!! None of that turbo or supercharger junk that makes a Chev go fast, Dodge's don't need that help!! GO MOPAR!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->The Ford 427 Cammer. Over 1000 N/A HP<!-- Signature -->

16. What all of you gentlemen overlook is that Plymouth designed this car for one thing: entering it in NASCAR. Back in "those days", stock cars (I use the term loosely) were still made from original factory bodies. NASCAR rules required that a certain model had to have a minimum number produced and for sale in showrooms before it qualified on the track. In 1968, that rule was one unit per dealership. The Dodge guys beat that rule by having exactly one Daytona per dealership made, thus qualifying it for racing. NASCAR had a tizzy fit, and changed the rule to minimum 1500 units to qualify. That's why there are more Superbirds than Daytonas. No one gave a rat's behind if the dealerships could sell them or not. That was not the point. This car represents a deliberate, focused effort on the part of Plymouth to produce a car that could win on the ovals of NASCAR, which it did. Repeatedly. And that is why this car is so special!

17. I personally like the 1969 Dodge Charger better. but i can tell you one thing for sure there is no way in hell any chevy or ford could beat a Dodge, Chrysler, Plymouth especially a Hemi. Dodge rules!!!! Chevy's Suck!!!!

18. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Dodge All The Way</i>
    <b>I personally like the 1969 Dodge Charger better. but i can tell you one thing for sure there is no way in hell any chevy or ford could beat a Dodge, Chrysler, Plymouth especially a Hemi. Dodge rules!!!! Chevy's Suck!!!! </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->don't say that every brandt of the big three has thier hot roadrunners so don't say crap. for ex nice other non mopar cars: chevelle ss ls6, pontiac gto 455 and 400, ford torino 428cj and boss, ford stang boss and 428 cj and scj so stop being so narrow minded.<!-- Signature -->

19. Maybe you have not heard of the 1968 Hemi Barracuda??? Gets 10's off the factoy floor. It was lightened for drag racing, and supped up by Mopar and Hurst..... on of the quickest production cars ever, I think the only production car to top it in the quarter is the McLaren F1.

20. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Jadotch</i>
    <b>Maybe you have not heard of the 1968 Hemi Barracuda??? Gets 10's off the factoy floor. It was lightened for drag racing, and supped up by Mopar and Hurst..... on of the quickest production cars ever, I think the only production car to top it in the quarter is the McLaren F1.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->yes of course i do, it was built by hurst performance only 80 drag cars with 426 hemi stage2 were built in 1968