Re: THIS CAR IS WAY BETTER THAN ANY CAMARO OR VETTE

Discussion in '1998 Shelby Series 1' started by vettesrockall, Aug 9, 2002.

1. The standard Shelby would get killed by a ZO6 (It hurts to say as much because I am a die hard Shelby fan) but when you pull up to the line beside a Supercharged Series 1,all you would see pulling away is smokin' tires, and thats a fact.

2. Shelby better be coming up with yet another car after he finishes the production run of the series 1, because this is simply an amazing car. Awesome handling, lightweight and power on demand. Doesn't get much better than that.

BTW, anyone bitching about 320hp being way too little, obviously hasn't heard of power to weight ratio. In a light car like this, it would fly, not to mention you'd VERY rarely ever use all that power anyway.

3. many say this is true about the shelby cobra but not the series one. the price is way to high and the shelby company is re-enlisting the original ac cobra which is much better.

4. The man knows well. I don't care what tests have shown, simple knowledge of physics would tell you that more hp and more torque in a lighter car would yield a faster 0-60. I'm going to guess that the track conditions weren't all that great during the R&T test this month. They yielded a 4.4, yet Shelby was disappointed, saying that with slightly different tires, it pulled well into the 3s, and we all know tires can only pull .1 or .2 off 0-60, espescially since the S1 comes with very good tires from the factory

5. Ya..... except one thing, most of those cars aren't even for production, in fact the only that is, is the regular Corvette Z06. You better watch out when the supercharged version hits the market, your Corvette and Camaros will get roasted.

6. Given that pieces on a Corvette fall apart all the time just like any other American-made car, I wonder if this car is built to last like most of the Japanese cars. You usually get what you paid for. I've always wanted the 1995 Cala myself. Eventhough it's not the fastest car out there, it looks really sweet to me.

7. Actually no they won't. My C3 Vette is standing the test of time rather well.

8. The only modern Vette I know of that car give this car a run for its money is the ZO6. The Chevrolet Corvette ZO6 vs. The Shelby Series 1. Man, that would be an awesome matchup. I would pay to see something like that. I would have my money on the Series 1, but who knows. The ZO6 might come out on top.

9. Im surprisedyou guys fight over which is better but let the little comment above just slip by without any critism. LOL. Like he actually has a McLaren... AND it wouldnt need NOS to run over a Z06. The idiot spelt NOS wrong.

10. Heh NOS is actually a company that makes Nitrous Oxide for cars.. It stands for Nitrous Oxide Systems, and the correct term unless he's running a nitrous kit from NOS, is simply Nitrous. If he had a McLaren he would have been smart enough to figure that out... Hopefully.

11. You idiot. It costs almost 4 times the amount of any vette and almost 7 times the amount of any stock Camaro. Jackass. You fail. At life.

12. Asshole. He was being sarcastic. God, are all you noobs retards?

13. Not eat it but rather Eat it out because the Zo6 is shelby's B*tch

14. Why are you talking JUST about Chevy? Why not the Ford Mustang? Especially the 2003 Cobra, which is a fast car. I'm a big Chevy fan, but this car is it's own thing. It's fast, it has sloppy/poor handling, it's just about the name. Chevy Corvette Z06 has the edge on this car.

15. They are two different classes of cars. Mods don't count. It's how it comes from the factory that does. Anyone can mod a car and make it go faster. The only way to baseline comparison is with two cars that are identical(or as much so as is possible) Why are you talking JUST about Chevy? Why not the Ford Mustang? Especially the 2003 Cobra, which is a fast car. I'm a big Chevy fan, but this Shelby is it's own thing. It's fast, it has sloppy/poor handling, it's just about the name. Chevy Corvette Z06 has the edge on this car in terms of handling.

16. This car is beatiful and all but i kind of wish that it was a little better in performance. I still love it but too bad it doesnt perform as great as it looks

17. What's funny is that it has an Oldsmobile engine in it. Or in other words GM!!!

18. id rather hav this wether it was faster or not

19. id rather have this wether it was faster or not; people see corvettes & camaros every day

20. also, it's supposed to handle really well cuz the gearbox is in the back, i think, & that balances the car's weight out

21. OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!I'M SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS, BUT I REALLY HAVE TO PUT AN END TO THIS STUPID THREAD. WHY THE HELL IS EVERYONE TRYING TO COMPARE EVERYTHING TO THE Z06. IT'S AS IF EVERYONE IS JEALOUS THAT GM IS ACTUALLY MAKING GOOD MODERN DAY PERFORMANCE CARS. WHY DOES EVERYONE HATE IT SO MUCH, IT'S NOT A BAD CAR. DON'T CONFUSE THE Z06 WITH A LATE '60s MUSCLE CAR. THE Z06 IS A COMPLETE PERFORMANCE PACKAGE, WITH EXTREMELY GOOD HANDLING CAPABILITIES (which is something people seem to ignore, be in denial, or are just too ignorant to realize). IT'S FASTER IN EVERY CATEGORY, JUST LOOK AT THE NUMBERS, THEY DON'T LIE, THEY WERE TESTED NUMEROUS TIMES. FORGET ABOUT THE SUPERCHARGER, THIS IS NOT THE ONE WITH THE SUPERCHARGER AND THERE'S NO WAY THAT THE SHELBY HANDLES BETTER, IT'S A CONVERTABLE THEREFORE IT DOES NOT HAVE THE PROPER DOWN FORCE WHEN SLOWING DOWN TO ENTER A CORNER AND THERE IS NO WAY THAT THE CHASSIS IS STIFFER THAN THE Z06, IT BEING A CONVERTABLE AND ALL. THE Z06 PULLS 1 G ON THE SKID PAD, MAKING IT ALMOST AS GOOD OF A HANDLING CAR AS A 911 TURBO (but not quite as good, I'm not stupid, Porsche fans!). AND CORVETTES IN GENERAL ARE PROBABLY THE MOST RELIABLE SPORTS CAR EVER, SINCE OVER 90% OF THEM ARE STILL ON THE ROAD TODAY SINCE THE FIRST ONE ROLLED OFF THE ASSEMBLY LINE IN 1953, AND THEY ARE MEANT TO BE DAILY DRIVERS!!!!!!!NOT PARKED IN THE GARAGE OF A CAR COLLECTOR. SOME PEOPLE ARE VERY IGNORANT AND MAKE STUPID COMMENTS WITHOUT THINKING. WHY WOULD ANYONE COMPARE THIS CAR TO A CAMARO, I DON'T EVEN NEED TO EXPLAIN WHY THAT COMPARISON IS SO FLIPPIN' RETARDED!!!

DON'T GET ME WRONG, THE SHELBY BEATS THE Z06 IN THE LOOKS, PRESTIGE, AND LUXURY DEPARTMENT, BUT ANYONE WITH THE SLIGHTEST BRAINS WOULD REALIZE THAT THIS SHELBY WOULD LOSE TO A Z06 IN ALMOST EVERY TYPE OF RACE, BE IT A DRAGE RACE, SLALOM, OVAL TRACK, OR CIRCUIT TRACK.

22. I agree. But Z06 looks much better than this...

23. NOT IN EVERY SEGMENT! You still have to admit, 2800 lbs with 320 hp and it does 4.4 0-60 and quater miles in 11.1 is amazing. The original Cobra, according to satistics anyway, weighs 2500 lbs, rough, with 425 hp and it does 0-60 in 4.1, quatermile 12.2! Admittedly, some of those repoduction Cobras are far faster and weigh less, like the Factory Five Replicas or Superformance but who cares anyway? Only the A/C and the Shelby cars count anyway. You have to admit though, the Corvette Z06 is faster but look at how much more powerful it is! The Series one is almost as fast and it has 80 less hp. That is pretty good in my books if you ask me anyway. Z06's still rules in my opinion. It is the very best bang for the buck. BTW, Corvettes are and always were sport cars. It was never a muscle car even back in the day. It was even originally designed to compete with importer sport car makers, at the time, like MG and Triumph.

24. This car is a POS. I've been in one, and I've driven more high end exotics then you can think of.
    First the design was STOLEN from a Corvette kit car.
    2nd, the interior is CRAP! Pure crap, Vette has it beat in that.
    3rd, it has the shittiest build quality I have ever seen. Body parts that shake and move(especially the gills)

Wanna see where Shelby stole the design?