Re: This I love...

Discussion in '1969 Nissan Skyline 2000GTR' started by rixochet, Aug 9, 2002.

1. 69' shelby cobra has a richer racing heritage than this car.

oh and will blow the shit out of it anyday...pure american iron, gotta love it.<!-- Signature -->

2. A '65 Mustang? ApolloBlue, you've offended me. A 1965 2,650-lb 271-horsepower K-code Mustang (about 78,000 were made) could rape this Japanese piece of shit on a track, street - hell, off road. You've got to be JOKING!! And in 1969, a Cobra Jet would laugh at this thing like a street clown. PLEASE!! This is sad. 160 horsepower. The same year Camaros were boasting 425. And Barrracudas were light, low-slung great handling track cars.

A 1965 weighs less than this car. Don't talk shit about American muscle until you do you're homework. We OWNED the road in the 60's and 70's. Guess some things will never change.

3. point is, in 1969, this car had more hp than american cars with engines twice the size, obviously it would get absolutely slaughtered by dodge charger r/ts etc, but as for handling, this mayb unfounded, but i thought 60s 'yank tanks' drove like shit, on films they have 2 totally stiffen up the suspension in car chases so that the american cars can actually turn

this car should b compared with other 2-litre cars, and for a 33yr old machine, surely u can c that this was a good car, even by todays standards

4. No, actually, I'm going to have to disagree with you on that one, ch1. Many of the 60's and 70's "Pony Cars," such as the Trans Am, Z/28, Boss 302 and AAR Cuda, held the track very well stock, all with smaller engines then their bigger brothers. And in the 60's, Shelby's Mustang Cobras were taken across the sees - stock - and competed on Cypress, beating Ferarris and Porsches alike.

For it's time, among it's piers, this car excelled, this is true. But at a time when American muscle was outrunning even the highline exotics from Europe, and weren't as "blocky" in handling as everyone would love to speculate, I'd like to see some Yenkos, some COPO's, some Shelbys and some 500+ horse Hemis to go along with the 160-horse Skyline.

5. this car is sweet,i didnt know they made skylines for so long.look at it,its classic!<!-- Signature -->

6. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Qubeley</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SuperSonic</i>
    <b>this was one of the best sounding cars in Gran Turismo 2 !! and the tyres on this are so skinny!! this car has all the style of a garbage can, but I still like it because its now a cult vehicle...</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    GT2 has this car in it?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    yes this car is in gt2..u have to win it though..check a website to see which race u have to win ..I forget soz car sounds cool in the game!! <!-- Signature -->

7. the japanese car industry started after WWII, the americans had nearly a #$%#ing 50 year head start on the japanese! this car started it all for japanese performance cars in general, not just the GTR or Nissan. the GTR has one of the most rich racing histories there are.

8. actually the jap industry started b4 ww2

the only reason the jap industry is strong today is cos the americans let em get away with it

to keep em from going communist the let the japs have cheap everything