Re: This is the fastest car

Discussion in '1988 Callaway Sledgehammer Corvette' started by notic, Aug 9, 2002.

1. oh yea, one more thing, want to know why the topspeed for the VTTT on this website isn't 255mph? Here's a full description of how this car really works. The psi is adjustable so the power ranges.

The original price was about $ 500.000, but for this amount of money you got between 600 and 750 Bhp depending on Turbo pressure, with a 0 to 60 mph time of only 3.2 seconds ! A very nice feature was a dash-mounted switch with three settings, one for valet use which limited the engine to about 3500 rpm, the second setting controlled a 6 psi boost delivering around 600 Bhp while the third one was a full 750 Bhp with 9 psi turbo pressure. All this led to a top speed of a healthy 255mph.

2. I totally agree that there are other companies capable of utilizing quad turbos and W16 bu so far only Bugatti have done it officially. And I never knocked British engineering. I love the Speed 12 and XJ220. Clearly they know their shit.

I don’t live in America. But if I did I still would drive whatever the hell I want seeing as it is one of your rights.

Vader not to knock your sites but one listed non street legal cars and was also off on some times. The F1 LM is actually the slower Mclaren for example. I think whoever posted that meant the GT. None the less that is a private post no different then what you have trashed in the past. As for the second post. It clearly states that the fastest road legal production car is the Mclaren F1. It mentions the Sledgehammer going faster but doesn’t give it the status of a production car, I’m assuming because it was never produced. Which takes us back to our very first argument. It can’t give Chevrolet or Callaway the status of fastest car ever made because I’m sure someone out there can put an additional $200k into a Supra, Skyline or whatever and make it faster than this but does that mean Toyota or Nissan are the fastest cars in the world? No. Besides all that…did you notice that that was written by students? Really, then you knock other people’s posts.
    <!-- Signature -->

3. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from gsolinas</i>
    <b>I totally agree that there are other companies capable of utilizing quad turbos and W16 bu so far only Bugatti have done it officially. And I never knocked British engineering. I love the Speed 12 and XJ220. Clearly they know their shit.

I don’t live in America. But if I did I still would drive whatever the hell I want seeing as it is one of your rights.

Vader not to knock your sites but one listed non street legal cars and was also off on some times. The F1 LM is actually the slower Mclaren for example. I think whoever posted that meant the GT. None the less that is a private post no different then what you have trashed in the past. As for the second post. It clearly states that the fastest road legal production car is the Mclaren F1. It mentions the Sledgehammer going faster but doesn’t give it the status of a production car, I’m assuming because it was never produced. Which takes us back to our very first argument. It can’t give Chevrolet or Callaway the status of fastest car ever made because I’m sure someone out there can put an additional $200k into a Supra, Skyline or whatever and make it faster than this but does that mean Toyota or Nissan are the fastest cars in the world? No. Besides all that…did you notice that that was written by students? Really, then you knock other people’s posts.
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Don't worry about knocking the sites in my posts. I do realize that they were made by individual people and not world record companies like GWR. I was just saying that these sites are about as reliable as the sites you posted. I realize that the Sledgehammer is not the fastest production car. What these sites said is that its the fastest "street-legal" car produced by a manufacturer(Callaway).<!-- Signature -->

4. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Bigblockbrawler426Hemistage8</i>
    <b>NO BECAUSE LAMBO'S ENGINE IS NOT AS RELIABLE AS A VIPER ENGINE, enough clear or no?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Who designed the Viper engine? Want me to tell you or can you guess?<!-- Signature -->

5. I know I know!, That unreliable piece of shit Lamborghini that Bigblock was talking about right? He is a #$%#ing looser.

<!-- Signature -->

6. Lambo designed it, it broke numerous times. Dodge fixed it themselves and got rid of Lambo.

7. thats what u think

8. No Lambo built an engine that Dodge didn’t know how to use. Then VW made Lambo a better offer and told Chrysler where to go.
    <!-- Signature -->

9. This is the fastest car

This is the fastest car with a top speed of 254.7 mph. This car wil definitly smoke the competition. I don't care what any of you chevy haters think.

CAUSE YOU CAN ALL BLOW ME IF YOU THINK DIFFERENT

10. I dun hate vette, but it's definitely not the fastest car in the world. b/c it's not a production car, it's just a record-breaking car.

11. ACTUALLY WE ALL SAY THE SAME PPL CANT FIND ONE CAR PAST THIS I CAN CRACK PPLZ ASS UP BY BURNIN ANYONE WIT JUST MY WORDS TALKIN BOUT THIS

12. Found a news website reporting last week a police car in japan clocked three cars racing on a highway - illegally of course - at 384kph and 391kph, there was another following at 339kph........
    not uncomon for that kind of thing to happen in japan, especially when the 880hp sledgehammer corvette is compared to the 'four-figure' horsepower club in tokoyo...

13. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Supra 850hp</i>
    <b>This is the fastest car with a top speed of 254.7 mph. This car wil definitly smoke the competition. I don't care what any of you chevy haters think.

CAUSE YOU CAN ALL BLOW ME IF YOU THINK DIFFERENT

</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Read carefully through this forum. A few cars have been named to be faster. Among them the Diablo VTTT, Diablo Gemballa Roadster VT, and the Colani Ferrari. All capable of higher top speeds. Web sites are always attached to the claims too. So if you are looking for head take it to another forum.<!-- Signature -->

14. im all american and all for, this car is said to have top speed and of recorded speeds it does.......but im still waitin for the times of the 833hp/902ft lbs. torque venom800TT top speed numbers to come out....and yes it is all street legal and runs on gasoline

15. #15 notic, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    so u want proof eh? if any of you have 500,000 dollars, you can go buy the lambo VTTT at Platinum Motors Ca. (shown http://www.lambocars.com/diablo/vttt.htm ), and prove yourself wrong. Then we'll see who's the one choking....

16. #16 notic, Aug 9, 2002
  17. #17 notic, Aug 9, 2002
    Does this car pass air-care? are u sure that any car from 1988 can pass todays emission standards? if we take the emissions away, mclaren claims it could do 255mph.

"What would be needed to go beyond 400km/h? "It's not a question you can answer. Horsepower becomes almost irrelevant at that speed. We think we could get 1000bhp out of this engine, revving to 9500 or 10,000. You'd probably then be able to do 250-255mph, but it would be hard to meet the required emission standards, in order to be able to homologate such an engine."

source: http://www.mclaren.com/mclaren/features/limiter.html

18. Good job notic. But they won't accept any of your proof because it doesn't suit them. Let them post the record showing the Sledgehammer is the fastest road legal car in the world. We've been waiting weeks now. Whats the matter? Throwing in the towel already? Might as well. This isn't the fastest production or road legal car in the world so finding proof of that claim will be very difficult.
    Notic these are just a bunch of kids that looked up the fastest car on Supercars.net and believed it. So let them, it's not our problem.<!-- Signature -->

19. Funny you mention proof because we're all still all waiting for yours. I just looked at another Guinness Book and this thing was no where to be found. Still having trouble proving this is the fastest? LOL Good luck. I'll keep looking here from time to time in the hopes that you guys find a "reliable" source. But I'm sure I'll see nothing like that.<!-- Signature -->

20. ok...i just checked out yur site on the VTTT, hmmm lets do some comparing now,,.....VTTT$500,000 vs. 800TT ive sen as low as $127,225, VTTT up to 750hp vs. 800TT up to 833hp(and not scared to shred the car of torque), VTTT 0-60 in 3.2secs. vs. 800TT 0-60 in 2.4 secs(in the rain, might i add), VTTT top speed 222mph vs. 800TT top speed 240mph(est.), just to add 800TT 1/4mile is 9.99seconds and its standing mile run at the highest speed achieved was 193mph(in the rain again).......as ive mentioned, multiple sites to check it out on

21. Good numbers. Too bad some of them were achieved with slicks.
    BTW those were the numbers of the Lambo with less horsepower. The last version would be faster with that much more horse no?
    <!-- Signature -->

22. #22 vader, Aug 9, 2002
    Here are some sites:

http://maxpages.com/viperhome/Top_Speed

and

http://hypertextbook.com/facts/2000/MichaelFeldman.shtml

Something to look at. Although, just like the ones who talk trash about this car think that we don't accept their posts then they will probably not accept these two sites saying that they are biased or something(even though one is a Viper site stating the Sledge is astest, the other is a facts site dated 2000, not 1989 stating the Sledge is fastest). Besides, nowhere does it say that the Lambo did 255.??. For all we know it could be ever so slightly slower that the Sledge at 254.5 or 254.6. If you round the Sledge's top speed to the nearest whole number you get....wait for it.....255 MPH! The same speed stated by your Lambo sites.<!-- Signature -->

23. When I bought this car I was Drunk and Crashed it into the wall soon as he gave me the keys and then i bought 3 more and #$%#ing Crashed my '94 Grand Pre into the #$%#ing 3 other callaway's then. then i was going about 300 or 301 Miles Per hour going down a hill and the aircondishioner started on fire on killed me then i painted it with House paint and made lesbo mobile, then i raced a dodge viper and he wasted ne too hell!!! **** ME!!!! I can't believe i spent 10 million dollors then I took the front wheel drive on it, and then i stoled the flux Capasitor, and put in my '94, and now my Car has 400.1232 HP!!!! THen I took My 7 children to the icecream shop and shit on the windows
    <!-- Signature -->

24. lets start by doubling your medication