Re: This vs Ferrari F50

Discussion in '2000 Hennessey Viper Venom 800TT' started by DodgeFreak, Aug 9, 2002.

1. I'm sorry if it seemed that I was disrespecting you. I have read some of your posts and they are well written with factual information. I will say I tend to get carried away at some points, but thats what this site will do to you.

And yes, some Viper fans are very ignorant. But then again some are smart and provide data to support what they say. This goes for pretty much all car fans.

2. i hope i'm not 1 of those ignorant people...

3. The F50 has low torque in comparision whith the horsepower... am I wrong?

4. Re:
    This vs Ferrari F50

im sorry but im gonna have to say that an 8 liter v10 that has twin turbos on it that can turn up 725 @wheels is kinda weak considering that its a huge f u c k i n g engine...and the ferarri is a smaller v12 that is naturally aspirated...you just cant comapre the two. Unless you put tt's on a ferarri....which would make it unbelievably fast.....oh yeah and the reason that they r more is because ferarris are basically engineered better, made of better material, and are made from ferarri, not from a specialty enigineering group

5. anyone done a comparison yet?
    i have one:

F50
    0-60 mph: 3.7 sec
    0-100 mph: 8.0 sec
    Quarter Mile: 12.1 sec @ 122 mph
    Skidpad: 1.03g
    Top Speed: 207 mph
    Braking, 60-0 mph: 119 ft
    Slalom Speed: 71.7 mph

F50 GT
    0-60 mph: 3.3 sec
    0-100 mph: 6.7 sec
    Quarter Mile: 11.2 sec @ 129 mph
    Top Speed: 236 mph
    --------------------------------
    800TT
    0-60 mph: 2.4 sec
    0-100 mph: 5.5 sec
    Quarter Mile: 9.99 sec @ 138.95 mph
    Skidpad: 1.06g
    Top Speed: 230 mph
    Braking, 60-0 mph: 110 ft
    Slalom Speed: 75.1 mph

and here's the Venom 650, which also beats the F50's(on street tires)

650R
    0-100 mph: 7.1 sec
    Quarter Mile: 10.47 sec @ 132 mph
    Top Speed: 215 mph
    Braking, 60-0 mph: 109 ft

6. and it comes down to that the Viper is betta!

7. To each their own, but I would have to go against the grain in this thread and pick the Ferrari F50GT in this one...and then see if it holds up to those numbers (if not beats them) against the 800TT

8. ok then...u go do that.

9. Let's not forget that the Ferraris, Porsches, and the Lamborghinis are probably STOCK vs. a HEAVILY MODIFIED Supra. I hate it when stupid retards try to compare their cars to Exotics with no real basis for comparison. You can make even a turd go fast if you strap a rocket to it. That's just what they did with the Supra and the Viper. Now don't get the idea I think those two cars are shit,(I drive a Supra myself) it's just that you could do the same thing with P.O.S. Honda Civics and Toyota Celicas. Now those are crap!

10. Well i believe that this car is best...no matter what Ferrari u put it next to.

11. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA UR SO DAMN FUNNY!!!!!!
    A 2000 VIPER HEMASSY 800TT WUD BEAT ANY CAR ON THIS SITE IN THE 1/4 MILE, YES EVEN A MACLEAREN F1 0-60 IN 2.7 MOTHER FUCKING SECONDS IS SICK!!!!!!!!! 800+HORSEPOWER STOCK!! LAST TIME I CHECKED THATS HIGHER THAN FERRARI F50GT DONT U THINK SO??????
    WELL I PROVED MY POINT AND U NO THAT IM RIGHT SO IMA JET PEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE

12. I am interested in seeing this dyno chart.

13. Do you have this road test where the Dauer pulled a 9.2? Thanks.

14. 9.2...thats pretty god damn fast!

15. Think you're smart, well I'm gonna pop that bubble you live in. So you have to work with these cars before you can critique them? Maybe you should take your own advice instead of picking off details from this site.

Lets see Viper's 800 HP > F50GT's 720
    Viper's 850 lb. tq. >uber> F50GT's 383

The Viper takes off with a 0-60 on street tires @ 2.7 sec. 2.4 on slicks. What about the F50GT, the stats arn't on this site so where are you going to find them now? The Viper tops out at 240 with a conservative amount of boost. 240 > 236. I believe the 800TT has a skidpad of 1.03 and slalom @ 75.5 mph, the GT try not to pull numbers out of your ass and find the real ones.

No, we Americans KNOW 800 HP on the street is a lot more than you need, it isn't like they were trying to max out the engine. When we do that you get 7,500 HP dragsters.

So this friends Supra that doesn't exist goes 230, and 0-60 is 2.4 huh. Thats a pretty shitty time for a drag car with those kinds of specs. Then you made your biggest mistake, Supras have I6's, not I4's.

Oh yeah, Viper $160k, F50GT 1000k+

16. this 800tt aint nuthin the other 800tt has more horses and it would be a really close race cause the f50 is quick

17. The 800TT which is not this one can go 0-60 in 2.4 seconds now that is FAST!

18. actually, this 800 and the other one(you're probably thinking of the orange one w/833hp) are the same car (they both have the same hennessey twin-turbo package)
    these cars do 0-60 in 2.7 seconds on street tires, the 2.4 was on street slicks.

also, it wouldn't be a close race between these cars(i posted this earlier)

F50
    0-60 mph: 3.7 sec
    0-100 mph: 8.0 sec
    Quarter Mile: 12.1 sec @ 122 mph
    Skidpad: 1.03g
    Top Speed: 207 mph
    Braking, 60-0 mph: 119 ft
    Slalom Speed: 71.7 mph

F50 GT
    0-100 mph: 6.7 sec
    Quarter Mile: 11.2 sec @ 129 mph
    Top Speed: 236 mph
    --------------------------------
    800TT
    0-60 mph: 2.4 sec
    0-100 mph: 5.5 sec
    Quarter Mile: 9.99 sec @ 138.95 mph
    Top Speed: 230 mph
    Braking, 60-0 mph: 110 ft

19. First off, I must say that I agree with the fact that with all the extra money I would save by not spending six figures on a car, I could build one hell of a nice ride.

Well, I am just a bored guy up way to late reading this entire history of posts. Wow, that took a while. Anyways, I don't know tons of stuff about cars. I know a little and am a fan of imports AND American-made cars. However, I am the biggest fan of AMERICA itself. Which brings me to the point of this post. Is not anyone else extremely pissed about that bastard posting things about it being our fault for the terrorist attacks. I am so sick of foreigners judging our country and putting us down. Who comes crying when someone hurts them? We are expected to solve everyone else's problems and then take the blame for anything that doesn't go correctly. We try to give you freedom, and then you don't know how to use it and you screw up. So before you start putting us down, earn your country the right to call itself the best damned country on this planet. If you don't like us, leave, ignore us, do something. We speak American, not anything else; we are not a melting pot of cultures, we are are own culture. We do not give a shit if you like us, if you don't you are FREE to leave. We fight your wars, we bring you food, we do everything to help you, then you spit on us by blaming the most tragic loss of life ever on those it was brought upon. I don't care if the Ferarri is faster, you don't use a tragedy to argue which car is faster in a forum. If you were here, I would kick your ass just for talking. As you are not, I just hope and pray you get your act straight before you draw your final breath, because in addition to blessing our beloved country, God also said that his name shall not be taken in vane. Which means it damn sure cannot be borrowed by the likes of you. That is all, I will now step down off of my soap box.

20. i really don't have the time to read huge ass messages like that 1!

21. I often get the feeling we should have stayed out of the European and African fronts entirely...

22. whats with the...And whats this about america fighting our wars. What about world war II???? only took u what 7 years and an attack on ur home soil to pull ur finger out ur ass and do something didnt it?...thing

23. #174 CarZOne, Nov 26, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  24. i thought that the japanese cared about drag racing to...
    anyway, i would think that because the viper has a faster slalom speed that it might be faster around a track (after all, the slalom tests how fast a car can go through turns) also, i don't know about the "fair" issue, it's a V12 vs. a V10tt, and the cars were compared to see which one's better.