Re: Top Speed??????

Discussion in '2002 Audi R8' started by GoatBoy389, Aug 9, 2002.

1. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from CorvetteZO6</i>
    <b>Ah, if only they still had cars like Mark Blundell's Nissan R90C. That thing hit 256 on the abbreviated Mulsannes straight in '91...Of course that was due to an accidental engine overboost; the turbo wastegates somehow got jammed and created astronomical amounts of boost. The engine was supposed to have between 1100 and 1200 hp, but due to the fortunate mishap they estimate it to have been somewhere around 1400 hp. Damn, that must have been a great ride...Anyway, enough with that tangent. The cars now hit a top speed of between 200 and 215 in the LMP900 class, about 200 in the LMP675, around 220 (probably) in the LMP GTP class, 190 - 195 in the GTS class, 180 in the GT class. Of course those are just rough averages...cars like the Morgan Aero8 GT are probably below the curve because of their horrid aero work...i really hate that car.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Ooh Cargasm!!! 256 would be the coolest shit. My car (when done) will top out at about 175. Doing the quarter mile in about 8-9 Seconds @ 165 MPH (roughly)<!-- Signature -->

2. Ah, if only they still had cars like Mark Blundell's Nissan R90C. That thing hit 256 on the abbreviated Mulsannes straight in '91...Of course that was due to an accidental engine overboost; the turbo wastegates somehow got jammed and created astronomical amounts of boost. The engine was supposed to have between 1100 and 1200 hp, but due to the fortunate mishap they estimate it to have been somewhere around 1400 hp. Damn, that must have been a great ride...Anyway, enough with that tangent. The cars now hit a top speed of between 200 and 215 in the LMP900 class, about 200 in the LMP675, around 220 (probably) in the LMP GTP class, 190 - 195 in the GTS class, 180 in the GT class. Of course those are just rough averages...cars like the Morgan Aero8 GT are probably below the curve because of their horrid aero work...i really hate that car.

3. read somwhere in lemans gearing its 205mph

4. The average top speed is about 210 mph on the Mulsanne before the first chicane. If given enough space and gearing, the cars should get to about 220-235mph.

5. Top Speed??????

6. cadillac wins!<!-- Signature -->

7. Depends on track

8. The 917/30 was a Can-Am car , not a LM car.

The LM cars were the 917K and 917L

9. they said they went 230MPH, for the 917/30<!-- Signature -->

10. how abt the 917k? thats fast too.<!-- Signature -->

11. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 250GTO</i>
    <b>how abt the 917k? thats fast too.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

362kmh in 1971.

12. Sometimes companies that are putting out incredible racers like this don't want to release that information to the public, in case the wrong person sees it and starts selling it off or something. It's unwise in football to let your opponents know the strategy, and it's the same here. Why the hell would they want to release the information about it so that some other ALMS racing team can analyze it and find the flaws? Obviously, though, it goes incredibly fast, which didn't need to be said. But I did anyway.<!-- Signature -->

13. Given time[and and oval racecourse] This car will be well into the 250's! However, It is probably geared 10 205-210 mph.<!-- Signature -->

14. these cars go fast enough...well...i'm sure they wouldn't complain with more speed...<!-- Signature -->

15. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from tommy925</i>
    <b> The average top speed is about 210 mph on the Mulsanne before the first chicane. If given enough space and gearing, the cars should get to about 220-235mph.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

You're the only one to be right !!

2001 R8 recorded at 337kmh , before Indianapolis corner.

16. CorvetteZ06, did u steal my post out of another forum??? lol

actually it was the pop-off valve that got jammed shut, not the wastegate, a jammed wastegate will only mess up your gearchanges, it wont increase the performance of the engine as the boost will just remain constant, rather than dissipating like it should

and his official top speed before the chicane was 239, not 256

256 would definitely have been in reach had the chicanes not been there, but that wasnt the case, hence 239

17. Somewhere close to 200mph
    They don't like to brag about top speed, but if you watch the race's they enter you can see how fast the can get going in the straight parts of the tracks.
    It also depends on what track they are on.

18. yep, that's true. Although, I wouldn't be surprised if it reached 2 hunny...

I think it's the acceleration, Revs that's more important.

Ciao, TR