Re: Totally sucks

Discussion in '1988 Callaway Sledgehammer Corvette' started by Audi TT, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Blah blah blah, you still have to give respect to it. Fulfilling its purpose, the '88 Sledgehammer delivered superb speed in beating ALL OTHER cars of it's kind in a serious race. Big #$%#ing deal if the Ferrari is an all-around car. When they took up the top speed challenge, THEY LOST, and so did every other car of this class. And I'll say it again, the Sledgehammer is still #1!

2. I don't have to respect anything since this thing never did beat either car. It failed to appear for the race, "couldn't be done in time"...whatever.
    Did I read right?
    Did you say who cares if the Ferrari is a better all around car?
    I hope that was your last quote because you proved to be a third grader not worthy of intelligent responses.<!-- Signature -->

3. I am merely responding to some stupid comments I see claiming this car is better than this or that. One of my very first comments was that all this was built for was to set a record. It did so and you confirmed that’s all it’s good for so why are we arguing. I never bashed it for having the fastest top speed I bashed it for not being able to utilize it. I’m sick of seeing people on other car forums claiming “the vette sledge can take this” when any educated or open minded person knows this car is nothing more than a drag racer with little use for a steering wheel.
    FYI 20 units of a car is the necessary number of cars required to make a car a production car for a specific year, I didn‘t make that up. This car was production capable but “since no one ordered it” it is not a production car.
    And again you compared Callaway to Ferrari or Porsche…that’s absurd when you think about it. Ferrari and Porsche have an arsenal of top end incredible cars over the years and the Callaway line has a handful of co-productions that are comparable. Come on, it’s not a good comparison. Callaway might improve Chevrolets but they aren’t in the same class as the Ferrari or Porsche at a company level. Having a handful of cars that can be compared to certain Ferraris or Porsches doesn’t put them at the same level.
    But I keep to my point. This is the fastest street legal car as far as top speed is concerned but there isn’t a chance it would win a race on a track with an F40, 959, XJ220, Mclaren F1, Bugatti EB110SS, etc. etc. etc.
    <!-- Signature -->

4. LOL mangiacake!LOL
    Well put cornu!
    I hate cakes!
    You forgot the Espositos, Ciccarelli, Lasorda,Testaverde, Davinci, Marino, Pacino, Pesci, Coppola, Puzo, and about a million others. We could go on forever.<!-- Signature -->

5. Cornu it was the Americans helping the Italians. Why the hell are there so many racist people in these forums. You can't prove your point so you result to insulting Americans. I'm sorry but I can't respect the opinion of someone like that.

6. One more thing. Pizza is an America food. Think about it.

7. I've proven my point time and time again and don't call me racist for responding to being called a wop. And overworking immigrants of all nationalities and underpaying them was helping them? Next you'll tell me slavery benefited the Africans.
    Who cares keep it to cars and leave the racism out unless someone wants to say something to my face. Takes a lot to be a tough guy on the net.
    <!-- Signature -->

8. pizza is american?! holy shit you guys are full of yourselves. now we're resorting to stealing others achievements. i bet americans built the pyramids too. shut the #$%# up you're making us intelligent americans look dumb.

9. well put cornu, finally someone who knows what there talking about, not to say everyone else doesnt.

10. No one can confirm that this car can not handle, it could be false but no one really knows. Therefore it would not be common sense to know that this can't handle. Just like grabbing a powerline, you've never seen it kill someone before so I guess nothing will happen?

Yes by underpaying immigrants we helped them. However you look at it they were better off with more options and better wages then where they came from. Yes in the long run the blacks benifited from slavery. They got their independence, 40 acres and a mule, rights, and might get something like 400 billion in reperations. There are reasons over 800,000 people a year become US citizens and only 6 denounce it.

11. 0-60 3.9 sec?? thats bullshiet, this car weights to much to ever acc like that, look at the ferrari, under 850 kilos and is about the same. Its been 14 years, does the car still run?this ugly car should be towed to the junk jard. Sorry but vetts suck. F50, 550, 911, McF1, CLK-GTR all euro, all top of the line. Vettes make crappy cars compared to euro trademarks, but i guess they are affordable for the average punk to drive.

***GTR***

12. this car will toast a F50 on the road. race tracks are for cars that cant handle the road.

13. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ToughSqweez</i>
    <b>this car will toast a F50 on the road. race tracks are for cars that cant handle the road.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    hahah did i miss something or did you just say that an F50 will get smoked by this car on the road! the stock F50 does 0-60 in 3.6 seconds which is faster that this thing already, also this car is using 2 turbo's while the ferrari isn't using any! Also the ferrari cna no doubt handle better than this car and since in the road you can't reach your top speed unless your on a highway with no one around so the F50 is way better then this car on the road! add 2 turbo's to the F50 and you'll get something like the koenig F50 specs! 1/4 mile in 8 seconds and 0-60 in 3.0! so it totally wastes this car! so NO this ca can't waste an F50<!-- Signature -->

14. and by the way i feel sorry for AmCar fan, you said pizza was american! Dear god! why is it that so many americans in this site are so #$%#ing ignorant! they don't know shit about anything, including cars! i'm not saying americans are dumbasses becuase a lot of them are smart! but anyways do some research before you say shit like that!<!-- Signature -->

15. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ToughSqweez</i>
    <b>this car will toast a F50 on the road. race tracks are for cars that cant handle the road.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

well that's the stupidest thing I've heard today.

16. I love how they keep shooting themselves in the foot. But the Euro car fans made some interesting comments here. I really feel for the ignorant. By the way if the immigrants benefited so much why do our family back home live longer and die with more money in the bank. Underpaying us benefited your ancestors not mine, times changed and Europe‘s economies are fine now.
    But I really love how "this car would smoke an F50 on the road" and how "tracks are for cars that can't handle the road". I bet he's embarrassed. What a fool. Seriously when I don’t know about something I stay quiet…maybe some of you guys should try that approach.

<!-- Signature -->

17. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Am Car fan</i>
    <b>I swear to you pizza is an American made food with an Italian name. It was created by Americans. I know this is a fact.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

thin pizzas are used for wheels on Fiat 500's in ITALY!

you know I'm joking, so don't bother flaming me.

18. AmCarFan,if you think that is a fact then every statement you made to this point has lost its credibility. I will have to completely disregard all further postings from you since it has become clear that you are a mental defective who doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground.
    <!-- Signature -->

19. They benifited because their families continued to grow and now have all sorts of jobs from all walks of life, short term benifits are not the only benifits. Besides, the settlers before 1890's were the hard workers, the ones that came after that from north and western Europe were slackers.

I love it that DriverGTR believes vettes are crappy cars because only punks can afford them. Then he lists all of those cars that cost more than he'll ever make in his life, so I guess he's calling you, me, and himself a punk. Are you calling a European trademark a really shitty car because the ZO6 beat the 911.

20. This is probably one of the most hilarious forums I've seen so far, I knew I'd find something like this here. Cause there are people who like the car and there are people who are narrow minded about it.
    This car was made for the top speed as lot of times Vette mentioned, so why talk about its handling?
    And it doesnt suc, maybe the looks do, but it has a great engine, otherwise it couldnt have reached that speed. Please its simple...dont compare it with an F50, why not just compare it with an F1 race car huh?
    You just making no sense when comparing. yes, probably the F50 would be faster on a circuit but this isnt made for its handling!!!
    This car is great for its speed, and speed is something that is required in a supercar!

And the food Pizza is Italian, end of story!<!-- Signature -->

21. A car is not just about performance, euro combines high performance with exquisite looks to make a solid car. Show me a good lookin vette, can't they are all ugly, Almost all vettes look alike, old and new versions, Vettes do not offer variaty of looks, therefore arent comparible to euro cars.

Ok Will938, so maybe i cant afford F50, CLK-GTR ... and so on, but i do drive an BMW 328. The average person (includin amercians) if they ahve $40,000 they would most likely buy a euro car, merc, audi, BMW, can't mess with euro class. Walk down any street, you will see more mercs, audi's, BMW, VW ,then vetts. SOme American pride u got there. Americans love euro cars face it, and affordable ones this time also. PUNK *****

22. Slackers! Who built your sky scrapers ungrateful moron?
    I don't care learn your own history. And my family in Europe are all better off financially then my family here…some benefit. Post war Europe was full of recessions, that is why so many went to America but now the European economy is good, that is why their cars are incredible. Even though I would still take a 1957 Ferrari 250 GT Spider over a C1 Corvette.

The reason this car gets compared to the F50 and other Euro cars is because often when reading the Euro car forums you will find some idiot making a remark like "the sledgehammer would waste this". The record needed to be set straight.
    <!-- Signature -->

23. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from DriverGTR</i>
    <b>A car is not just about performance, euro combines high performance with exquisite looks to make a solid car. Show me a good lookin vette, can't they are all ugly, Almost all vettes look alike, old and new versions, Vettes do not offer variaty of looks, therefore arent comparible to euro cars.

Ok Will938, so maybe i cant afford F50, CLK-GTR ... and so on, but i do drive an BMW 328. The average person (includin amercians) if they ahve $40,000 they would most likely buy a euro car, merc, audi, BMW, can't mess with euro class. Walk down any street, you will see more mercs, audi's, BMW, VW ,then vetts. SOme American pride u got there. Americans love euro cars face it, and affordable ones this time also. PUNK *****
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Off the bat the entire first paragraph is totally opinionated, I could say that euro cars look like someone took a carving knife to a piece of swiss cheese. I didn't like the C5 in the first year of production, but it kind of stuck. What about the C12, it looks straight out of Europe. Every company sticks at least somewhat to their own visual traits. Why wouldn't you be able to compare cars based just on looks, that's moronic.

Those BMW 34.2534.76672 cars aren't that good anyhow, not reliable at all. And I don't want any, "But my car has 500,000 miles and I haven't even changed the oil!!!" stories.

If an American (guy) had $40,000 to spend on a car atleast 75% of them would buy a Cobra, or an SS with much left over. Handling means next to jackshit in America, I don't know quite how it works where you're from but when we race the 1st one to the final destination wins, which is always on a single axis. I have yet to see even one street race where handling was a deciding factor.

The only car you listed I see a lot of is VW, and they're all Jettas or Beetles. And any car in the price range you listed would be beaten by a baseline Corvette.

I never said Americans didn't love euro cars, you're just making up arguments that no one has ever claimed before. And where exactly are you from, whats with you ending your message with PUNK *****. You think it makes you look bad ass or something, I'm sure most people find it retarded or something a pussy would say. Who the hell would threaten someone on the internet anyway, those people who incite it are usually pushovers.

24. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from gsolinas</i>
    <b>Slackers! Who built your sky scrapers ungrateful moron?
    I don't care learn your own history. And my family in Europe are all better off financially then my family here…some benefit. Post war Europe was full of recessions, that is why so many went to America but now the European economy is good, that is why their cars are incredible. Even though I would still take a 1957 Ferrari 250 GT Spider over a C1 Corvette.

The reason this car gets compared to the F50 and other Euro cars is because often when reading the Euro car forums you will find some idiot making a remark like "the sledgehammer would waste this". The record needed to be set straight.
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I never said they couldn't get the job done jackass, I said they were slackers. Why the hell do you think Americans didn't want them here anymore post 1890, because they formed unions, wanted more pay for less hours, and did worse work. They wern't bad people, they just didn't work as well because their driving force to leave was different. You hence your family live in Canada, not the US. That is only 1 example, and your family doesn't have guarenteed rights.

European economy is good, but not as good. There are driving factors other than economy that make people build those cars, I don't know what it is, but it is something else.

This Corvette could beat any street car on earth.....in top speed. Since you don't believe the other stats on this car it can't be compared any other way.

25. Its geared tall so it can achieve that top speed. It would probably go 0-60 in 3 seconds or less if it weren't geared that high. I actually like Corvettes, but this one is just a fake. Add some more torque and power to the Jun Supra, gear it a little higher, and you'll see even a higher top speed.<!-- Signature -->