Re: Twin-Turbo C5 Vette vs. Supra Turbo

Discussion in '2000 Lingenfelter 650 Corvette' started by amard123, Aug 9, 2002.

1. stage 2 vette is that a modded one?

2. he already said the supra moron

3. Actually the Porsche did have a pretty good chance of beating the Vette in 2002. The Lingenfelter Stage II took the first place only on it's last go. And if I remember right, the stock Porsche outran the Z06 Vette...

4. a homo who compares a vette to a toyota

5. First of all, they dont even sell Supras here anymore! Get over it you Toyota loving freaks! Sencond of all, to get a Supra to be as fast as the 650, youd probably have to invest well over 2 to 3 times the amount they paid for the car to get the engine to go that fst without blowing it. Most supras I see for sale are going for $40,000 or more, and even then they arent always the Twin-Turbo hot rods from the end of their production runs in the states. And nowadays stupid kids in California are brining them in on a regualer basis from japan. After all that money has been spent dont you look pretty stupid? Average price fror a Lingenfelter Vette is $100,000 if its a turbo version....Goodluck buildng a fast Supra for that much....

6. Yes, indeed, the supra is a hard pulling machine, but, stock, it does not put down 629 rwhp. Adding a T-66 tubo is great, but, for the 45 grand u pay here for the vette, u get more than just hp, u get a factory warranty, brake, suspension, body, engine, exhaust, drivetrain, and wheel/tire upgrades. Seems like a more extensive list than the Supra. Anyhow, since the LS1 in the vette creates more standard hp than the Supra, what do you think will happen when i strap on a T-66 to my vette? Thats a fair comparison. Now, unfair would equal: Corvette 427TT vs. 94' Supra Turbo. 800 hp, and ur Supra will be eatin every one of em'. This just shows how ignorant and biased people can be.

7. you have only made one post and with a post like that who needs to say anything else but i don't think that japan gives a flying fu

8. damn strait supras are fast cars and they are built so much better than any camaro ever built what don't you understand about that! and any pussy can drive in a strait line but if you really want to impress the girls whyy don't you put your 10 second camaro against a sura on the track and see if your shit can even finish the race personally i think that your shit would fall about before you finish the first lap if your even capable of really driving a car and don't wreck your shit at the start you really think toyota produced that car for the 1/4 mile? if so then i send you my pity you little ***** because i know a supra would run all over your shit on the track and i would even go as far as saying that a stock 3.0 I-6 supra would rape you any day of the week so when one of you pussies makes a good car comparison and not any of this dumb ass quarter mile shit i will be back to give my 2 cents worth

9. Good point about the driving around a track instead of just in a straight line...but both have their strong and weak points...personally, my car sucks, but i've outran cars that are considerably faster and better handling because the guys don't know how to drive them...so on a track, it comes down to skill as much as a cars ability to perform...the same applies in a 1/4 mi...reaction time....

For a TT vette vs. a supra turbo....apples and oranges my friends....the supra isn't made anymore...so the 100k you spend for the tt vette would have to be compared to the new car price for a supra in 1993 or newer along with the cost of the upgrades at the same time for a comparable car, which in all reality, isn't easily done...it's just part of the joy of passing time....

10. Re:

Man, vettes are the bomb, no matter what you say about em, the superior handling u cant say nothing about, and 1/4 in 8.9 secs? Id like to see a car beat that that can be driven everyday and can handle well, not having interior head or shitty noise or blown engine. Them jap cars use NOS and crap to make em faster which is cheap, any car u put nos in u can get lots of power. What the engine makes is what counts, which are what Domestics do. Also the tires which the LPE vette used against the F/A18 were not slicks, they were Michelin Pilot Sports, 265 front, and 345 back. Im sure those tires would work on normal pavement and give good results as well. If u want to talk drag racing, a drag vette does a 1/4 in 4.8 secs. Not many cars can come close to touchin these vettes, and there is even more to come..

11. Supras really top up at 650-ish RWHP on pump gas. Try to do anymore, and you'll quite literally have a detonation. That 802 crank HP assuming a 15% tranny loss gives 700 RWHP, but the difference comes in torque. Supras are almost torqueless... the vette has 866!!! yes 866-lb ft of earth twisting force.

12. Hey Guibo I am sorry but that little thing you said about the Z06 losing to the Viper in 3 out of 4 tests is wrong they have had dozens and dozens of tests and the Z06 epecially the 2002 and up Z06s have won the majority of track tests. I happen to have the test MotorWeek did between the 2001 Z06, 2001 Viper ACR, and the 2001 Cobra R. I have it on video and am watching it right now. These are the numbers from Roblings? raceway in Savannah Georgia on a 45 degree day.

2001 Cobra R 2001 Viper ACR(w*ABS) 2001 Z06 Vette Power: 385hp/385lb/ft 460hp/500lb/ft 385hp/385lb/ft Price: 55,000usd 86,000usd 48,500usd 0-60: 5.4sec 4.3sec 4.8sec 14mile: [email protected] [email protected] [email protected]

Unfortunately they did not give exsact lap-times but they did say the Vette was the fastest around the track with the Mustang in second 1.6sec. behind, and the Viper almost a full 2sec. behind the Vette. So this just shows that the Viper isnt the all mighty undefeatable car you seem to think it is. Also remember these are nubers from a 2001 Test, the Z06 has gotten a slight HP Boost since these numbers were recorded so that means even more trouble for the Gen 2 Viper ACR. I Agree that the Viper is amazing I love the Car, But the fact of the matter is that it isnt the greatest and simply does not handle well enough. Which is hopefully something they have improved on the Gen 3 Viper SRT-10.

13. Hey Guibo I am sorry but that little thing you said about the Z06 losing to the Viper in 3 out of 4 tests is wrong they have had dozens and dozens of tests and the Z06 epecially the 2002 and up Z06s have won the majority of track tests. I happen to have the test MotorWeek did between the 2001 Z06, 2001 Viper ACR, and the 2001 Cobra R. I have it on video and am watching it right now. These are the numbers from Roblings? raceway in Savannah Georgia on a 45 degree day. 2001 Cobra R 2001 Viper ACR(w*ABS) 2001 Z06 Vette Power: 385hp/385lb/ft 460hp/500lb/ft 385hp/385lb/ft Price: 55,000usd 86,000usd 48,500usd 0-60: 5.4sec 4.3sec 4.8sec 14mile: [email protected] [email protected] [email protected]

Unfortunately they did not give exsact lap-times but they did say the Vette was the fastest around the track with the Mustang in second 1.6sec. behind, and the Viper almost a full 2sec. behind the Vette. So this just shows that the Viper isnt the all mighty undefeatable car you seem to think it is. Also remember these are nubers from a 2001 Test, the Z06 has gotten a slight HP Boost since these numbers were recorded so that means even more trouble for the Gen 2 Viper ACR. I Agree that the Viper is amazing I love the Car, But the fact of the matter is that it isnt the greatest and simply does not handle well enough. Which is hopefully something they have improved on the Gen 3 Viper SRT-10.

14. Hey Guibo I am sorry but that little thing you said about the Z06 losing to the Viper in 3 out of 4 tests is wrong they have had dozens and dozens of tests and the Z06 epecially the 2002 and up Z06s have won the majority of track tests. I happen to have the test MotorWeek did between the 2001 Z06, 2001 Viper ACR, and the 2001 Cobra R. I have it on video and am watching it right now. These are the numbers from Roblings? raceway in Savannah Georgia on a 45 degree day. 2001 Cobra R 2001 Viper ACR(w*ABS) 2001 Z06 Vette Power: 385hp/385lb/ft 460hp/500lb/ft 385hp/385lb/ft Price: 55,000usd 86,000usd 48,500usd 0-60: 5.4sec 4.3sec 4.8sec 14mile: [email protected] [email protected] [email protected]

15. I am sorry but Guibo you have some wrong information there bud.
    There has been many more tests than four, comparing the Z06 and Viper.
    There have been about 15-17 tests including both generations of Z06.
    The truth is that the first gen Z06 was a better overall car than the GTS and the second gen just made that even more so. I have a video of a test that motor week did in 2001. Meaning they used a 385HP Z06 and it beat the Viper around Robling road raceway in Savannah Georgia by almost 2.5 seconds and they even had a Cobra R in the test and it beat the Viper around the track by 1 second. And this is far from the only test I have seen where the Viper has lost. This was even a Viper ACR with ABS. It did however beat the other two on the drag strip but I would expect so when you have 460HP/500lb/ft against two cars that put out 385HP/385lb/ft. The bottom line is the Vette is a better overall car that costs just over half the price of a Viper ACR.