Re: U LOOK U AMERICANS NO NOTHING ABOUT AUTOMOTIVE

Discussion in '2000 Hennessey Viper Venom 800TT' started by Guibo, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Here's the 3.9 second 0-60 run that didn't show up the first time.

2. #2 EmmArTooGuy, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    I originally entered this thread to defend against the "U AMERICANS NO NOTHING ABOUT AUTOMOTIVE" insult. I think thats is a nasty stereotype. I could say: You Europeans don't know the difference between "NO" and "KNOW" based on the title of this thread. But I go to school with a lot of people from Europe and well, they're no different than we are. Fact: 99.99% of Earth's people know little about cars. A member of my family tried to tell me his V6 F-150 runs 0-60 in 4 seconds. Most people make assumptions about things and don't bother to get the truth. I get tired of hearing about how Vipers can whip TVRs and TVRs can whip Vipers and Honda Civics with quad-sequential-turbos and 150 shots of nitrous can whip Vipers. Watch some races, here in The States, Super Sevens and their replicas dominate weekend road racing. In SCCA GT events its always close between an Audi (S4?), Acura NSX, and Chevrolet ZO6. As far as these street cars running 9.XXX 1/4 mile times here is a street legal supra that can do it as well:

http://www.suprastore.com/98914titmoto.html

And you could go to Titan Motorsports, fork-over the cash and have a Supra like this one. You could throw money at any car and do this. My uncle had a big-block Gran Turino (spelling?), anyway a huge Ford boat-car...Crappy handling, low top speed, poor braking, but he built it up to run 9s in the 1/4 mile. Its steet legal and cost about 1/10 what a LPE 427TT or Hennessy Venom 800TT. Is it a better car because of this? No. Will it run the 1/4 mile just as fast or faster? Sure. I could build a MKI MR2 that would run 9s and handle well for under $165K USD.

M360,

Thanks for the compliment man. But the Viper is hand built. Writers who have visited both the Takanezawa factory in Tochigi, Japan (where the NSX is built) and the Ferrari factory in Maranello, Italy (where the 360 Modena is built) say the Ferrari factory uses a lot more machines and such. Does this make the NSX faster? No. Does it make the NSX higher quality? No. Though one of Honda/Acuras claims to fame is reliability, where Ferrari sells cars to suport its claim to fame: F1. Chrystler's claim to fame is the minivan but that doesn't change the Viper any. I'm not mouthing off at you though.

SvSi Viper,

The Viper is the most powerful production car in the US for under $100K USD. The fastest 1/4 mile for a production car in the US for under $100K USD is the Caterham R500...230 bhp, 1190 lbs as driven. Once again, I'm not mouthing at you either. I just though you should know.

Mr. "U AMERICANS NO NOTHING"

Until you know every person in North, Central, and South America and verify that every last American knows nothing about cars you shouldn't flap your lips. I'm also not mouthing at you, just a little mad now that your insult sunk in.

3. Yeah, but Nicolas Cage is an actor. That is as relevant to the discussion as saying Rowan Atkinson drives a McLaren F1. Or Matthew Perry drives (drove) a Z8.

In that R&T shootout, they used Bryan Herta for the racetrack evaluation. What car does Bryan Herta driver? Dodge Viper. BFD.

Of course the Diablo is going to beat the Viper. With AWD traction and 90 more horses, wouldn't you kinda expect it to? Hell, you don't even need that much power and money. A 996TT would probably match the Viper's 0-60 on any given day.

What's up with your dumbass Bentley comparo again? The Bentley isn't primarily a performance car (though it does damn well for a car that weighs that much). In terms of luxury and BUILD QUALITY, it clearly smokes the Ferrari. Totally different car, totally different purpose. You seem to keep forgetting that no one single factor determines which cars are in the same "class". It's not simply a matter of price alone, engine size alone, layout alone, etc. It's a combination of things.

The ACR doesn't come standard with CD player and air conditioning? WTF? Why the hell should it? It's designed primarily for people who want a (lighter-weight) track car.
    Besides. The regular GTS already comes with all of that.

4. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from gsolinas</i>
    <b>Please keep this a mature and civilized conversation and adjust your sig. Those are childish opinions that could easily be argued.
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Hahaha. Yet another whiner. If it was so childish, would it really bother you that much as to tell me to change it? Don't like, too bad. Cry about it, for all I care.

"Best Person in the World: Me" That should have given you a clue that these opinions are nothing but a meer joke. Yet you are whining about it. Grow up.

Mature and civilized conversation? You should really take your own advice in the other thread.<!-- Signature -->

5. Anyone notice the Diablo 6.0 was tested at sea-level, and the Viper was tested at 1010 feet above? Nice try, gsolinas, but you've proven your hypocrisy once again.

PS-gsolinas, Don't throw rocks when you live in a glass house.<!-- Signature -->

6. #6 gsolinas, Aug 9, 2002
    SvSiViper, relax with the whining BS. Remember it isn’t me that brings up that price difference shit all the time. Then I’m called a hypocrite. LOL look to yourselves first.

Guibo “Of course the Diablo is going to beat the Viper. With AWD traction and 90 more horses, wouldn't you kinda expect it to? Hell, you don't even need that much power and money. A 996TT would probably match the Viper's 0-60 on any given day.”
    Precisely, I agree totally. But you should tell that to those who claim the Lambo would get killed by the Viper not me. I was merely showing him where he was wrong.

Meradur that is one test, do you really think all Viper tests were done at that altitude? Unlikely. Point is in that specific test the Diablo may have an advantage but it has won in others as well. To pick on one test is like splitting hairs. R&T have tested a GTS-R and a GTS at 12.5 seconds in the Πmile. They also tested a Diablo 6.0 and a Murcielago at 12 flat. That is a fact. And neither are the best Lamborghinis either. The Diablo GT is expected to be faster (this site has 11.6 posted as its Πmile) and even if you look at www.fast-cars.net the fastest Πmile from a Viper was the 2003 RT/10 at 11.9 while the Murcielago 11.6 and the 6.0 did 11.8.

Not that the Viper can’t beat it. I’m sure it has, but it is wrong to make a stupid claim like “the Viper would kill any Lambo”.
    <!-- Signature -->

7. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from gsolinas</i>
    <b>But you should tell that to those who claim the Lambo would get killed by the Viper not me.

Whoa, who said the Lamboghini would get killed by the Viper? There are some Lamborghini's that get beaten by the Viper, and there are some Lamborghini's that beat the Viper. Such as the Murcielago and Diablo.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from gsolinas</i>
    <b>R&T have tested a GTS-R and a GTS at 12.5 seconds in the Πmile.

Just wondering...What is your fascination with Road and Track? Is it because they show much slower times for the Viper? Just wondering.<!-- Signature -->

8. U LOOK U AMERICANS NO NOTHING ABOUT AUTOMOTIVE

THE TIGER SPORT IN UK IS OFFICIALY FASTESR 0-60 LIKE IT OR NOT ON NORMAL TYERS AND WOULD HAVE GONE FASTER THE 2ND ROUND BUT THE ENGINE BLEW.

BRITISH PATRIOTISM YAAY!!!! WE HOLD THE RECORD US EUROPEANS

SO DONT GIMME THE SHIT ABOUT THIS CAR LIKE U DID ON MY LAST TOPIC!!!!

I TOLD U ITS HASNT GOT THE BIGGEST BHP
    - THE FERRARI KOENIG HAS

IT HASNT GOT THE FASTEST 0-60
    - THE TIGER SPORT HAS

IT HASNT GOT THE TOP SPEED
    - THE MACLAREN AND MERC CLK GTR FROM BUBAI HAS

U AMERICANS CHEATED FULL STOP WITH BLOODY SLICK!!! DO U DRIVE ON ROADS WITH SLICKS? I THINK NOT. WACH OUT THE VIPER MIGHT SPIN ROUND A CORNER AT 30 MPH WITH OUT SLICKS LOL.

THERES A NISSAN SUNNY GTR IN UK THAT SMOKES NORMAL VIPER VENOM VIPERS LOL. THE VIPERS HAS A WHEEL SPIN PROBLEM HASNT IT WE ALL KNOW, SO Y DIDNT THE FACTORY FIT IT WITH LAUNCH CONTROL LIKE A FERRARI? CUTTING CORNER AND SAVING COST.

I HATE FORD EXPLRERS DAM AMERICAN DEATH TRAPS

LATERZ IN-T UK CREWZ DEWSBURY

<!-- Signature -->

9. Hey shithead, if European cars were sooo much better than American cars, then why come into an American car forum and tell everyone that? You must be jealous of the American cars. Otherwise you wouldn't be in here.

You see, American cars compete with European cars, and they are around 1/4 the price of them. Take the Viper for example. 70,000 and it can beat any Ferrari, and stay right up with the half-million dollar Ferrari F40's and F50's.

You are just another 8 year old jackass who knows nothing about cars. The Tiger Sport hit 60 in 2.8 seconds. Well thats great, but the Lingenfelter Corvette hit it in 1.97 seconds. Now, which is faster? And no, the Ferrari Koenig does not have the most horsepower. The Stryker Viper has over 1200, and even that isn't the most. Too bad for you!

You see, you are just another moron who doesn't deserve to be on these forums. Just go home. No one wants to here spamming forums with your crap. You just post what you want to believe, and no one cares. Get lost.<!-- Signature -->

10. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ukeuropeansrule</i>
    <b>...AND WOULD HAVE GONE FASTER THE 2ND ROUND BUT THE ENGINE BLEW.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    LOL. SO FAR, WE'VE SHOWN HENNESSEY'S 800TT DOING AT LEAST 4 RUNS (AND HAVE A TIME SLIP FOR ITS 9.52-SEC QUARTER MILE RUN), PLUS A STANDING MILE RUN. WITHOUT THE ENGINE BLOWING UP. (NOT TO SAY IT'S NOT GOING TO BLOW ANYTIME SOON. WHEN YOU'RE RUNNING 14 PSI, WITH A LITTLE BIT OF NOS, ON A STOCK BOTTOM END...SOMETHING'S BOUND TO GO KABOOM!!)

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ukeuropeansrule</i>
    <b>U AMERICANS CHEATED FULL STOP WITH BLOODY SLICK!!! DO U DRIVE ON ROADS WITH SLICKS? I THINK NOT. WACH OUT THE VIPER MIGHT SPIN ROUND A CORNER AT 30 MPH WITH OUT SLICKS LOL.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    ERRR...THIS VIPER HAS NOT BEEN TESTED WITH PURE RACING SLICKS YET. MICKET THOMPSON E/T'S HAVE TREADS. AND ARE YOU FORGETTING THAT IT WENT THROUGH THE QUARTER MILE ON BONE STOCK, FACTORY OEM MICHELIN PILOTS IN 10.7 SECONDS? WHAT'S THE QUARTER MILE TIME FOR THE TIGER SPORT? STANDING MILE?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ukeuropeansrule</i>
    <b>THERES A NISSAN SUNNY GTR IN UK THAT SMOKES NORMAL VIPER VENOM VIPERS LOL.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    WHEN THE SUNNY GTR IS MODDED UP THE WHAZOO. AND THE VIPER IS DRIVEN BY A WOMAN. LOL! WHAT'S HER NAME AGAIN?
    OF COURSE, YOU CAN KILL A MODDED VIPER WITH ANOTHER MODDED CAR AND FOR CHEAPER. DOESN'T EXACTLY MEAN THIS CAR'S A POS, NOW DOES IT?

<b>THE VIPERS HAS A WHEEL SPIN PROBLEM HASNT IT WE ALL KNOW, SO Y DIDNT THE FACTORY FIT IT WITH LAUNCH CONTROL LIKE A FERRARI? CUTTING CORNER AND SAVING COST.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    WOOOHOOOO!!! THIS IS TOO FUNNY. AS IF THE VIPER WERE *INTENDED* AS A COMPETITOR TO THE FERRARI. DIDN'T YOU HEAR, SON? THE VIPER IS MEANT TO BE CRUDE. IT'S A SIMPLE CAR IN THE SPIRIT OF THE COBRA. CAN'T DEAL WITH IT? OH WELL. YOU CAN SPEND YOUR MONEY ELSEWHERE. THAT'S WHY THERE'S A THING CALLED *diversity* IN THE AUTOMOTIVE MARKETPLACE. DO YOU SERIOUSLY THINK ALL SPORTS CARS SHOULD LOOK, HANDLE, AND FEEL JUST LIKE A FERRARI?
    SADLY, THE NEXT VIPER IS GETTING A BIT AWAY FROM THAT SPIRIT. BUT THAT'S ANOTHER DISCUSSION FOR ANOTHER TIME...
    "LAUNCH CONTROL"? FERRARI DOESN'T HAVE THAT FOR THEIR ROAD CARS, DO THEY? AS FAR AS I KNOW, ONLY THE BMW M3 SMGII HAS THAT. AND IT'S NOT UNLIMITED.

11. What a moron...

Dude...you are an IDIOT! You'd better not be another one of those fools that come on to this forum to post a bunch of bullshit and just put down other cars. And "TYERS". Dude, learn how to spell the #$%#ing word before you try making fun of something! You are making yourself look stupid! And as for the "small 830hp engine"...Let's get one thing straight...YOU DON'T OWN ANYTHING BETTER AND NEVER WILL! Now go back to driving your economy honda car and SHUT YOUR MOUTH! The Lingenfelter TT Vette did 1.97. The Callaway Sledgehammer Corvette did 254mph over TEN YEARS AGO! I just proved you wrong on two of your dumbass points. As for HP...there are cars with thousands. Put that up against your "Koenig" A car doesn't "have hp". It "puts out" power, or ft lbs or torque, that is calculated into HP (Torque calculated over distance and time). You're just some 8 year old kid who doesn't know jack about engines, engineering, or hell, cars in general.

Do your damn research before you come in here and make an idiot out of yourself. I have nothing more to say about this trash.<!-- Signature -->

12. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ukeuropeansrule</i>
    <b>THE TIGER SPORT IN UK IS OFFICIALY FASTESR 0-60 LIKE IT OR NOT ON NORMAL TYERS AND WOULD HAVE GONE FASTER THE 2ND ROUND BUT THE ENGINE BLEW.

BRITISH PATRIOTISM YAAY!!!! WE HOLD THE RECORD US EUROPEANS

SO DONT GIMME THE SHIT ABOUT THIS CAR LIKE U DID ON MY LAST TOPIC!!!!

I TOLD U ITS HASNT GOT THE BIGGEST BHP
    - THE FERRARI KOENIG HAS

IT HASNT GOT THE FASTEST 0-60
    - THE TIGER SPORT HAS

IT HASNT GOT THE TOP SPEED
    - THE MACLAREN AND MERC CLK GTR FROM BUBAI HAS

U AMERICANS CHEATED FULL STOP WITH BLOODY SLICK!!! DO U DRIVE ON ROADS WITH SLICKS? I THINK NOT. WACH OUT THE VIPER MIGHT SPIN ROUND A CORNER AT 30 MPH WITH OUT SLICKS LOL.

THERES A NISSAN SUNNY GTR IN UK THAT SMOKES NORMAL VIPER VENOM VIPERS LOL. THE VIPERS HAS A WHEEL SPIN PROBLEM HASNT IT WE ALL KNOW, SO Y DIDNT THE FACTORY FIT IT WITH LAUNCH CONTROL LIKE A FERRARI? CUTTING CORNER AND SAVING COST.

I HATE FORD EXPLRERS DAM AMERICAN DEATH TRAPS

LATERZ IN-T UK CREWZ DEWSBURY

Caps lock stuck or something?

13. No, he just likes making himself look like a total moron, apparently.<!-- Signature -->

14. The 1st post of this thread is pure sh!t.

SvSi Viper ,

Please get real , the Viper is as fast as the 360 Modena , but is eaten alive by the F40 and F50.

Guibo ,

The 800TT is I think 9.92s and not 9.52s

15. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from deuginthesky</i>
    <b>The 1st post of this thread is pure sh!t.

SvSi Viper ,

Please get real , the Viper is as fast as the 360 Modena , but is eaten alive by the F40 and F50.

Guibo ,

The 800TT is I think 9.92s and not 9.52s</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Wrong. Again. Please, how is the 360 Modena faster than the Viper? Its not.

How much does the F40 and F50 cost? Half a million dollars? And all thats race car, theres no luxury or anything. It better beat the Viper for over 7 times the price!<!-- Signature -->

16. I think what the Dickhead at the Top Of the Page means or I hope he means is that the Tiger is the Fastest accelerating Stock car, I've already asked for this guy to be banned like six times!!!!!!!!<!-- Signature -->

17. You are correct. The 800TT runs 9.9.

And "U LOOK U AMERICANS NO NOTHING ABOUT AUTOMOTIVE"

wtf???

What a childish thing to say.<!-- Signature -->

18. "THERES A NISSAN SUNNY GTR IN UK THAT SMOKES NORMAL VIPER VENOM VIPERS LOL. THE VIPERS HAS A WHEEL SPIN PROBLEM HASNT IT WE ALL KNOW..."

May I ask what exactly a "normal Viper Venom Viper" is? Nearly every car with power like this has is going to have a "wheel spin problem" if it is not fitted with street slicks. It's only a problem if you don't know how to drive it.<!-- Signature -->

19. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from deuginthesky</i>
    <b>Guibo ,

The 800TT is I think 9.92s and not 9.52s</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Aha, so it is. Rack one up for deug. Sorry, I must've had the Lingenfelter Corvette on my mind.

20. I don't think you had the LPE 427TT on your mind either Guibo because it runs 9.2 @ 150mph.<!-- Signature -->

21. #21 Guibo, Aug 9, 2002
  22. The 725 hp LPE 427TT ran a 9.52 1/4 mile, I saw that video from the Lingefelter site. The one in MotorTrend was pumping out over 800 hp to acheive that 9.2 figure.<!-- Signature -->

23. The street boost (14 psi) was 800 bhp for the 427TT. The 9.2 sec 1/4 mile was set running 20 psi (1100 bhp is my guess) and cheater slicks. The worlds fastest production car for under $100K is the Caterham Super Seven Ultralight R500.

Stock:
    230 bhp
    1190 lbs w/ driver
    11.8 sec on street tires
    10.X with slicks?
    ^not hard to believe considering the power:weight ratio
    The handling advantage is even greater.

A Viper would need almost 700 bhp to have the same hp/lb as what the R500 has stock. And don't talk about the new Viper running 11.8 in the 1/4. Motor Trend says 12.0 and its 12.0.<!-- Signature -->

24. #24 Import Killa, Aug 9, 2002
  25. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from EvilNinjaMoby</i>
    <b>
    Maybe you should read the article again , where it says 802 HP 866 torque.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Yeah, I read that part. I also read the part that says: "To top off the combo, a pair of Garret ball-bearing-style turbochargers force in 14.7-psi boost in street trim and, given the right gas, can be programmed for 20 psi." Do you think they are going to put slicks on it and not go all the way by raising the boost? I can also prove that those numbers about the hp and lb-ft are flawed, or they misprinted the rpm points...

You know that a dynamometer measures lb-ft and rpm, then calculates bhp. The following formula is used to figure bhp:

BHP = (lb-ft x rpm)/5252

this formula can also be expressed as:

lb-ft = (BHP x 5252)/rpm

The claimed peak torque for the 427TT is 866 lb-ft. This means that the torque can never be greater han 866 lb-ft. Keep this in mind and we'll find the quantity of torque the point of peak BHP.

use this formula:

lb-ft = (BHP x 5252)/rpm

use the rpm point of 4600, where the engine is generating 802 BHP

lb-ft = (802 x 5252)/4600
    lb-ft = 4212104/4600
    lb-ft = 915.67478226

So did they under-rate the lb-ft in saying that it has 866 instead of 916+? Did they over-rate the BHP? If the torque peaks at 866 lb-ft the HP @ 4600 rpm could never be more than 758.49. Or did they mean 802 BHP @ 4863.86 rpm? I don't know if they fudged the numbers a bit or if the dyno is not correctly calibrated but there is an obvious problem with these figures.

Also, there is a formula that can closely estimate 1/4 mile time.
    This is for automatics BTW.

E.T. = 5.825("the cube root of"(weight as driven/(BHP x 0.8139534884)))

This formula assumes that the car has perfect traction. Because no car has perfect traction, this formula gives E.T.s that are faster than real life.

Lets say that the driver of the 427TT weighs 175 lbs.

3340 lb curb weight + 175 lb driver = 3515 lbs

E.T. = 5.825("the cube root of"(3515 lbs/(802 bhp x 0.8139534884)))

E.T. = 5.825("the cube root of"(3515/652.7906977))

E.T. = 5.825("the cube root of"(5.384574278))

E.T. = 5.825 x 1.752738491

E.T. = 10.20970171

And that is with perfect traction. In reallity, it takes about 1100 BHP for a 3500 lb car to run low 9s. Do you remember where that article said something about 20 psi? 1100 BHP is about what one would expect from a 427 running 20 psi boost @ 5300-5400 rpm.

I have no doubt that this car can run sub 10 second 1/4 mile times. I also have no doubts about the 427TT. I just think we should all know how to recognize when a manufacturer is feeding us crap.