Re: U.S doesnt want this

Discussion in '2002 Lotus Elise Type 72' started by dejan556, Aug 10, 2002.

1. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from MattJM</i>
    <b>"i Am an english person and we do make Shit cars but yours aren't much better you #$%#ing wank face

Fuckin Yankee doodle. Try and corner in one of your crap cars and you'll get a hernia. A retarded rabbit with a vibrator in both ears can jog faster than a bobbar Mustang"

I read that and laughed my ass off. You Brits cuss so funny!!! LOL...wank face....retarded rabbit.....yankee doodle.....Oh man thats funny crap. I'm so serious I'm about to die laughing hahahahaha no sarcasm whatsoever. Where do you learn to talk like that, LOL.

I've hear that bloody is like saying the f*word over here. So take your bloody rabbit and vibrator (which I'm sure you frequently use) and stick em up your own ass.

You don't have to hate George Bush just because he is the leader of the most powerful nation in the world. By the way, he owns a 69 half cab Bronco that he uses on his ranch down in Texas. Anyone with that good of taste gets my vote. Thats right, a man who drives a Bronco w/ a 302 Windsor block w/ 34 inch tires is the leader of the free world. Long live GWB!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

You really dont get it, do you?
    WOW? LOL? Kicking ass? Gush? Great using of language.........
    Leader? No no no just a pappet..... Dont beleive everythung that CNN serves to you poor people.
    Most powerfull nation? Of what?
    In numbers of not educated people?
    Bad taste people?
    People who are judging other people by the name of the car they drive?
    Blazer? Isnt that a vehicle for transporting cow-shit?
    What is that name of the vehicle doing in forum for the SPORT CARS?
    By the way - he IS looking as chimp. That doesnt meen that he is stupid.
    Just ignorant Texas cowboy. in just couple of month he managed to make some frouble
    in most of the parts of the world.
    He is doing everything for american economy. Did you know that most of the USA politicians
    have shares and stocks in weapon bussines?
    O? They didnt show that on CNN? I wonder why? Try asking some american soldier coupple of years later after he come back from some country far away from USA in which he was sended against his will and for some others ideals ( patriotism say people who send him, but everything is about money)
    Patriotism? Shootin people far away from home? Nobody philosophing about that on CNN? Censurship in USA? Nooooooooooooo.........not att all - pure democratic country (they say)
    Dont You wonder why is that one or both sides in every conflict in the world having american weapons?
    Most powerfull nation? With how many friends? England? How many friendly englishman have you seen on this site? How about your text against GB? Open your eyes.

Well its not your fault. Probably your parents. Bad education. Lack of information
    Not traveling. Having eyes in ears shutt. Not reading books (probably just magazines about full-size pick upps.)
    Discuss some more politics with me? No?

THIS SITE IS ABOUT SPORT CARS AND NOT ABOUT STUPID PEOPLE POLITIC NON-KNOWLEGE, SPECIALLY NOT YOURS.
    ENOUGH ABOUT OUR WORLD COWBOY AND HIS BLAZER.........
    MORE ABOUT SPORT CARS..........

2. I think is the other way around, Lotus don't want to import this because it will lower the Elise class if they compare it to the American sh*t

3. no the emmissions are mainly the reason for all the cars not coming to the us. since we have the strictest emmission shit<!-- Signature -->

4. "i Am an english person and we do make Shit cars but yours aren't much better you #$%#ing wank face

Fuckin Yankee doodle. Try and corner in one of your crap cars and you'll get a hernia. A retarded rabbit with a vibrator in both ears can jog faster than a bobbar Mustang"

I read that and laughed my ass off. You Brits cuss so funny!!! LOL...wank face....retarded rabbit.....yankee doodle.....Oh man thats funny crap. I'm so serious I'm about to die laughing hahahahaha no sarcasm whatsoever. Where do you learn to talk like that, LOL.

I've hear that bloody is like saying the f*word over here. So take your bloody rabbit and vibrator (which I'm sure you frequently use) and stick em up your own ass.

You don't have to hate George Bush just because he is the leader of the most powerful nation in the world. By the way, he owns a 69 half cab Bronco that he uses on his ranch down in Texas. Anyone with that good of taste gets my vote. Thats right, a man who drives a Bronco w/ a 302 Windsor block w/ 34 inch tires is the leader of the free world. Long live GWB!<!-- Signature -->

5. Who is dumbass moron who thinks I hate european cars? Mabye the Lotus shield under my name and the quote that I came up with by my self gave you the wrong impression. You make all British people cry with your lack of intellegence for the obvious. Yea. I like U.S cars, but to tell the truth, I used to hate them. Now that I am older and wiser... well, read my quote. I saw my own ignorance, and now, I and everyone else, can see yours. You suck and should go jump in the channel...<!-- Signature -->

6. U.S doesnt want this

Wanna know why? Cause many Americans still think the British still make crap cars. Besides, they can't imagine anything with 'only 120 hp' being almost as fast as somthing like the Boxter S or M Coupé. I think that this would make a great addition to the market class and would give Lotus a needed up in publicity. I guess emissions standards once again kill another great cars dreams of runnin U.S roads....<!-- Signature -->

7. Thats a fairly large generalization to make of a nation with hundreds of millions of individuals and with great diversity in every aspect from race to wealth to knowledge. Any point based on such a wide generalization is flawed. I am from Canada by the way.<!-- Signature -->

8. I think the Us are going to import these cars in the next year or so

9. Do you acctualy think the rest of North America doesn't want this. It's not the american publics opinion of british cars, it's the epa of the u.s. that hates global warming. Hell, so do I. If the u.s. can produce an suv with a v8 with lev (low emmisions vehicle)status, then how come rover can't do the same with a 1.7L four-banger? Because they don't need to. A secure euro market ensures they will sell them all no problem over there. I want this car, but don't you think that lotus could make just as much money in our market (canada) by slaping a few exhaust extras on it? A few hundred bucks more per car and bang you've got a massive new market for the elise. It must kill lotus to know people have to run a HONDA engine & tranny where a rover should be in order to enjoy the chassis and beauty of a lotus over here. If the germans can do it, why can't the british? (by the way, the german car companies make a shit load over here.)<!-- Signature -->

10. It is not a generalization because I used the qualifier "many". I know that there are people that respect and love low displacement cars, but there are very many that think they are crap regardless of their performance. Look at some of the American car forums. Look how many immeidately slam on somthing like Honda or whatever. Not saying that all people who love American cars hate imports, me for example, but there are very, very many. The fact that this is a 5 second car instantly places it to be compared to(and looked down through) Mustangs and other F-body beauties. <!-- Signature -->

11. The MG engine doesn't pollute that much. In fact in the UK where company car tax is based on units of carbon dioxide emited anything with this Engine does really well. The reason you miss out currently is because of technicalitys. Like no airbags, ride height etc.<!-- Signature -->

12. Nah, too generalized view. This car is great and I really want one, seriously. But the reason why they are not exporting to the USA is because of some gov't law. Same goes for the the great TVR. And I'm from Boston.
    This is one of my top list buys too, as you can see...<!-- Signature -->

13. It's not so much that we are tighter, its just that we regulate different emissions. Euro emissions laws are largely based on NOx emissions (rightly), whereas we continue to foolishly focus on CO emissions (much less harmfull). For instance, due to emissions restrictions, the Viper is down on power in the UK (405BHP I think). These engines were tuned to meet different regulations.
    What actually stops most of the importations is not the EPA restrictions, but DOT laws. Bumper height (IE the 5 MPH bumpers), airbags, etc. etc... That's the main hurdle they have been trying to leap over with the EVO VII. Not the emissions, but the front bumper/intercooler setup did not meet DOT standards.<!-- Signature -->

14. Im an american and i really want this car over here. It only weighs 1660 lbs and can haul ass, especially through the twisties. It's too bad its made in a country so full of pompas assholes. Why would somebody come into a car forum and just post a thread saying that Geprge Bush looks like a chimp? Sounds like an inferiority comples to me.

15. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from keith8181</i>
    <b>Im an american and i really want this car over here. It only weighs 1660 lbs and can haul ass, especially through the twisties. It's too bad its made in a country so full of pompas assholes. Why would somebody come into a car forum and just post a thread saying that Geprge Bush looks like a chimp? Sounds like an inferiority comples to me.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Keith - not all of us are pompous, and some of us can even spell ;-)

You making generalisations about an entire country's populace is tantamount to racism, and makes you just as bad as a juvenile commentator remarking on GWB's simian resemblance...

Pomposity is distributed globally, as is stupidity and ignorance.

16. 1) Damn Strait Bukem...and I heard of a DJ by that name, any relation?

2)I'm American and I want this something evil.<!-- Signature -->

17. #17 Bukem, Aug 10, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Sparetire,

No - he's no relation - although I have DJed on the same bill as him. I used the name as my username when I first got on the 'net in '96, and its stuck since.

BTW his real name is Danny Williamson - LTJ Bukem (his DJ name) is a tribute to Hawaii 5-0 - where Garret would say "Book 'em , Danno". If you like his stuff, have a look at www.thegoodlookingorganisation.co.uk - its a good site, and details his US tour... (I should do his PR!)

18. now that ford has lost that much money i dout they can buy the company as was planed, but heck since they are so close to lotus (the vanquish is partly designed by lotus, and the stypes suspension was partly made by lotus) in relationship why not design a car that can fit in north american market(canada is fine since i live there) and for the engine they can just use the zetec4 or some other small ford engine like their 1.1L supercharged 120hp engine, and just sell it with the premier group dealers.
    i don't think you british should diss ford that much since they own around 1/2 your car making bussines. i never said you did but i can guess someone will come around and say something.

19. Point well taken Bukem. I dont mean to offend the entire population of Britian. Through your post alone it is proven that not all brits are assholes, and you are correct is saying that pompas people live all over the world. Anyhow, this car is fantastic and would probably find a niche all its own in the us market if only someone would import it and find dealers to sell it.

20. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from CARmella</i>
    <b>i Am an english person and we do make Shit cars but yours aren't much better you #$%#ing wank face</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> wank face huh? never heard that before!! so many things i dont know about u brits.<!-- Signature -->

21. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ~Raz~</i>
    <b>You guys all piss me off... everyone says that either American sucks, Japanese sucks, or Euro sucks. The truth is, WHO FREAKIN CARES WHERE IT WAS MADE?!?!?!?!? You should judge cars for the cars, not where theyre from. I grew up in the ghetto of south central LA. Now, im a halfway rich successful 23 year old with my own small business and a skyline R-34 i imported last spring. According to you guys i should still be a bum in LA driving a 10 speed bike. So judge cars on the car itself, not where it was from.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> Sure ah-hu surrrre<!-- Signature -->

22. 944 Turbo your a flat out homosexual who never supports his arguments. Oh and Porshes suck! <!-- Signature -->

23. All you new members need to bring the level of decorum in here up about ten notches. I'm sick to death of seeing new members come in here and spout insults and unsupported rhetoric. If you have nothing real to say, why waste our time making us wade through it to try and get to the real informative dialouge? It just makes you look dumb...

PS Porsche never have and never will suck. Porsche uber alles!<!-- Signature -->

24. Carrera26,

I second your point sir. Well said.

Ketih,

Lotus intend to bring this car to the Us next year - cost will be around $38,000 and it will likely have a Toyota VVTi 1.8l putting out 190bhp. Lotus have a dealer network in the US already, so get your name down now ;-)

Point of interest (hopefully to some of you) TVR are in negotiations with Penske about setting up a dealer network throughout the US, with a proposed production facility in Brazil to supply the US market. Seems that our 'cottage builders' are intent on getting a foothold...

Matt,

Bloody is a minor league swear word in the UK - not really on a par with the f word...

25. Bukem- I don't remember arguing (sp) over any of that, but maybe I did. And what do you mean "get your name dowm"?