Re: Ugly as usual

Discussion in '2002 Ferrari 575M Maranello' started by luekevin, Aug 9, 2002.

1. I hate when people make statments that make no sence or they cant back up there point! Saying "this car is shit" isnt the whole story, explain why its shit, why dont you like it! I cant understand why people say stuff like that. its just a poor and weak argument or statement. it shows that they are arent informed about everything about this car or what it has to offer. and i bet if they were given a chance to drive it for a week they would. why? cos this car is better what they are driving and maybe the last time they see and feel pure beauty and power

shaney<!-- Signature -->

2. Have you got any glasses?

3. What can I say? So far, this forum is full of a bunch of complete idiots. Not all, but some.

All you people talking about comparing the Vanquish to this car and all the people talking about cars that are faster than this: THIS IS A GRAND TOURING CAR!!!! It was NOT made for all out speed. It just happens to be faster than most other cars. You keep talking about the 7500rpm redline and the sport seats. So what?! If Ferrari whats to include sport seats as an option, that's their choice!

As for the Vanquish, the Ferrari is WAY ahead. The magazines all said they liked the 550 better and this car is better than the 550. Unless you're a die-hard aston martin fan and you like its looks better, there's not much else to gain with the Vanquish. The ferrari is faster. That's what most of you seem to care about, so there! What else is there to say?

As for the F60 and the Murcielago, how can you even compare? The idiot-beyond-all-comprehension who is relying on spy pics and CGI to base his opinion of its looks on, couldn't be more wrong. I have seen many computer images of what the car might look like and they were all quite different. The finished product could easily look quite different from all the spy pics and CGI. This car will be light and fast and it will rape just about anything around a race track.

Ferrari is not giong for all-out top speed, because that is stupid and is not a true measure of a car. F-1 cars will top out at something like 190-210mph depending on gearing and they will beat ANYTHING around a race track!!! Did I make that clear enough? A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G!!! So shut up about the damn McLaren F1!!

Sorry for the long ranting post, but some people are just SO STUPID!<!-- Signature -->

4. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from Evo7dawg
    Oh, and Welle, my name is Justin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from Welle

ok, you said you drove the Ferrari in "The Family Man"
    But the man who did is named "Jeffrey Lee Gibson", and that's not you.

haha now that's funny!

on a more serious note, if this is ugly? what do you guys deem "pretty"?

5. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from luekevin</i>
    <b>Finally somebody agrees with me that F-60 looks crap!!!!
    And Welle, u know what i'm talking about even if i typed a typo..

The Porsche GT will kick this cars ass, well alot of other exotics will too...Just because its Ferrari doesnt mean its good!!

Have u guys ever seent e family car wagon that they made by Ferrari??
    Now u cant say thats good!!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

No, i don't know what you mean. Learn how to write.
    The colorado is a SUV, nothing a seventeen year old boy would drive.
    But the Corrado is a sportscupè.

Annyways; can you please tell me your name?<!-- Signature -->

6. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from luekevin</i>
    <b>Hey Top RPM, Y did u suddenly pull he topic of "japanese cars are great"?? Even though it has nothing to do with Ferraris, I must say u r wrong...Japanese cars are not meant to last and have no quality...

why ??
    1. Jap cars get replaced very often, and changes looks completely
    2. Jap cars are not solid, no style on interior, and the quality is cheap. Compare jap to european cars, its like comparing a pair of sunnies made in Italy and a pair of sunnies made in China.

But i agree, they are good performance cars. Anyway, Vanquish is big and bulky??...gee have u ever looked at the style?? Pure indulgence!!Nothing ugly or plain about it...

F-1 are different compared to road cars, so u cant compare like that.

And i never said all ferraris r shit i only dont like the 4, 5 series and the F60.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

compare the prices... fasg..Ferarri's suck, but dont talk back cuz im nver gonna come on this forum again...<!-- Signature -->

7. Who ever the hell you damn shitheads are that say first and i quote "ferrari's are ugly" should be shot on the spot for that remark. Ferrari's are one of the best cars ever to grace this earth, from old models to new each ferrari is hand crafted and put together with more then just metal and sort, but with a little bit of something called heart and passion for automotive excellence. And thats something no jap piece of shit, or american hunk of steel can ever have. And it makes me sick to hear say their ugly, if anything is ugly it's your damn mother's that put your pitiful asses of this planet.

8. yea good one welle mayb i should take yr good advice....#$%#in retard
    u guys who LLLUUUVVV ferraris, get a girlfriend...u sound like those typical kids who go "wooo cool a ferrari" when it goes past, but dont bother budging when a bently or masearti drives pass....

9. U stupid americans dont know a shit about good and esthetic cars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from luekevin</i>
    <b>2001 F-1 guys....there...u said it..f-1 guys...f-1 and road cars are different. Designers do not always design everything good...they can design shit things but think it is good themselves....it is always the viewers like us to decide what looks good or not....not them!!

So what if they designer team luvs the design but overall people hates it?? it ends up nobodyw ill buy the car and result in bankrupcy,
    or have to spend another shit load of $$ and have a facelift on it or redesign it in a short period of time.

SO designing for others to like is the mst important thing...not what the designers reckon!!....in performance wise, who cares if it has mad performance when it doesnt have the image to attract people the first place??

Now this car does not look all that fancy or great....and certainly does not worth its value...with this pice i rather or other people would rather an SLR, or LAmbo, or vanquish where its designs and shape look more distinct!!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Yes, it IS the customers that decide what looks good. They are the ones who pay the high prices for these cars. They are the reason Ferrari is still in business after all these years. Now, if Ferrari is still a company whose cars are very sought after, to the point that it's a household name, they've got to be making something good. Very good. Like this car. What is bad about it? Nothing. Except maybe the price. That's it! The price! Wow, its high. This means that this car is out of reach for poor stupid rednecks. The only section of the market where Ferraris wouldn't sell all that great, even at low prices.

And how does it NOT have the image to attract people? This car is beautiful. It would draw massive attention where ever it went. You seem to not like its looks all that much. And not distinct? How much more distinctly Ferrari could this look?! If I saw this car in any color without badging I would immediately think Ferrari. This car is every bit worth the money. It's completely hand-built. It can be custom tailored to your exact specifications! What more could you want from a car? Nothing. And an SLR?!?! How could you even compare that vomit inducing hunk of metal to this work of art? You're one sick person.<!-- Signature -->

11. i dont think the 575 is ugly, i loved the 550 and think this is just as nice

however, if u want a really good looking car, try....

'03 Mercedes Vision SLR roadster
    '03 Porsche Carrera GT
    '85 Ferrari 288 GTO
    '99 Jaguar XK180
    '71 Lamborghini Miura SV
    '54 Mercedes 300SL Gullwing coupe
    '67 Alfa 33 Stradale
    '95 Peugeot Asphalte
    '99 Pininfarina Dardo

to name but a few, any arguments?

12. I disagree with your choice of the Alfa, all the rest are pretty nice.

13. I don't see what the big deal is. So what, to those who don't like Ferrari. Why write it here when it really doesn't do anything. Ferrari is one of the most sought after cars in the world. And this carries it on. I like this new 575 overall. I just wish that they brought back the fog lamps on the grill. They added the F1 tranmission to it. How great is that? Then to top it off, they up-ed the power to 515 bhp. What more could you want out of a top breed super car?

14. Whoever was the dumass to say that this car is ugly as usual was being stupid. What do you mean ugly as usual? You wanna say that Ferraris are ugly? Are you outta your mind? This is not a drag car or a top speed car. It's an all around car made for people who want performance, design and style all at the same time. Ferraris can beat ANY car on the track ANY day. Even if the McLaren is better in specs, it would get wasted by this or the F50 on a F1 track. Who are you to judge that this car sucks? Who knows more about cars? You or those pro guys at Ferrari who won the 2001 F1 championship and have been around since 1960s? I think we all the answer to that question. The guys at Ferrari.<!-- Signature -->

15. 2001 F-1 guys....there...u said it..f-1 guys...f-1 and road cars are different. Designers do not always design everything good...they can design shit things but think it is good themselves....it is always the viewers like us to decide what looks good or not....not them!!

So what if they designer team luvs the design but overall people hates it?? it ends up nobodyw ill buy the car and result in bankrupcy,
    or have to spend another shit load of $$ and have a facelift on it or redesign it in a short period of time.

SO designing for others to like is the mst important thing...not what the designers reckon!!....in performance wise, who cares if it has mad performance when it doesnt have the image to attract people the first place??

Now this car does not look all that fancy or great....and certainly does not worth its value...with this pice i rather or other people would rather an SLR, or LAmbo, or vanquish where its designs and shape look more distinct!!!

16. I wish everyone would stop saying that this car is ugly. Its styling is a reflection and culmination of all of the classic european GT coupes. And it is gorgeous. Perhaps maybe not as eye-catching as a Diablo, but its feminine curvatures and gentle lines make this one of the most beautiful cars made today. Every company goes for a styling niche; for porsche, its an overturned boat (no offense, i dont wanna start an argument) for lamborghini, its anything that will captivate the eye, for aston martin, its a gorgeous but understated coupe with classic proportions. And ferrari makes cars that will naver look dated. Look at the 250 GTo, and the 365 Daytona, and the Dino, and the F40, and the testarossa, and countless others. All are cars that will be remembered as classic and beautiful. Whether you like it or not, the styling of this car will make it one of the world's most sought after cars in 30 or 40 years. And PS: ferraris have always been faster than lambos, you can check the stats. Daytona vs Miura, 288GTO vs Countach, F40 vs Diablo, and so on. So all you lambophiles,. kiss my ass.<!-- Signature -->

17. beautiful car.....now its time they rooled out a barchetta version.<!-- Signature -->

18. SLR is one hunk of vomit?? hahah now look whose talking nonsense??
    How the hell can u say that?? then whats good?? SLR is maclaren and mercs designer team together...its got teh f-1 noise swing up doors and a heaps cool look with blade like alloys....Even the SLR made Ferraris tremble!!! Read the magazines!! Its one of the best cars ever built...

I agree that Ferraris will keep a good image...and i like the tesserosa (however u spell it) and i like the f-40....but i say the 355 spyder looks better than this!! the 360 looks better than this!!
    For the price of this 575 y make it so exp when its about the same as the 550?? and people cant even tell the difference!!

U drive this as if people will go " hmmm thats a 550!! no wait i think its a 575..." Thats what i mean by not distinctive enough!!!!!

19. Ferrari is Ferrari and will always be. It could happen that ferrari have lose the sting nowadays but itŽs still a Ferrari. I prefere Porsche before Ferrari because of the quality. The performance of the Ferrari is nearly the same that the Porsche got but the Ferrari is too much on transmission service.<!-- Signature -->

20. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from luekevin</i>
    <b>SLR is one hunk of vomit?? hahah now look whose talking nonsense??
    How the hell can u say that?? then whats good?? SLR is maclaren and mercs designer team together...its got teh f-1 noise swing up doors and a heaps cool look with blade like alloys....Even the SLR made Ferraris tremble!!! Read the magazines!! Its one of the best cars ever built...

I agree that Ferraris will keep a good image...and i like the tesserosa (however u spell it) and i like the f-40....but i say the 355 spyder looks better than this!! the 360 looks better than this!!
    For the price of this 575 y make it so exp when its about the same as the 550?? and people cant even tell the difference!!

U drive this as if people will go " hmmm thats a 550!! no wait i think its a 575..." Thats what i mean by not distinctive enough!!!!!

</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

do u know what sets the italians....especially ferrari.....aprat from the rest? the stick with theyre tradition of making automobiles....merc likes going hi-tech looking. thats not what ferrari is all about....they maintain the sweeping lines and sexy exteriors that are the bench mark of every prancing horse labeled car.

so dont expect gull-wing doors from this car maker anytime soon.......and about the SLR, its a nice car but its not in prodution yet.<!-- Signature -->

21. gotta say im not ferraris biggest fan, i loved the '85 288 GTO, the '64 250 LM, the '94 456 and i liked the F50, but i'd never buy 1, theres always cars of similar price that i'd rather have

996t over a 360M (360 wins the sound contest though)
    Murcielago/Vanquish/GT2 over a 575M
    Carrera GT/SLR over an F60

some will say i shouldnt judge the F60 before ive seen it, but id buy the Carrera GT for the engine note alone, and the SLR for those looks, so i know ill prefer them to the 'functional rather than stylish' philosphy of the F60

22. You all shouldn't judge any ferrari as ugly before seeing
    one in front of you!

23. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from luekevin</i>
    <b>What are u trying to say?? All that made sense was Ferraris are ***** cars, and i didnt really get the rest....Ferraris WERE good but now other competitors have taken the lead. Just tell me a good dame reason why u would NOT have an SLR or a Vanquish over this one.

Have u seen the F-60?? Do u like it?? Looks like a freakin duck.
    Besides as i said i only like the 3 series of the Ferraris.
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Why ?

Because they are far more expensive !
    I think it's a good reason

24. whoever started this thread has to have his eyes checked, this is a beautiful machine!!!!!!!!!!<!-- Signature -->

25. Re: Daewoos are crap but Hyundais are not.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from bowtieordie</i>
    <b>#$%#in A, ferraris are ***** cars, if youre gonna spend that kind of money on an "exotic" car, which is a massive #$%#in waste to begin with, save your money, or assuming your ass is rich to have the money for this ugly pos, get a #$%#in lamborghini and blow the doors off #%$got ass ferraris.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Go to Hell you bung-hole licking scat sniffer. It is obvious to the entire civilized world that you're just a fat-ass pile 'o shit who will never own anything better than a Yugo!!! Anyone who would insult a Ferrari doesn't know jack shit about exotics. Get off this web site you stupid finger-fuking cum bucket. Ferraris are the finest street racers in the world and anybody who says otherwise is a slick-dick #%$got enforcer.