Re: Value

Discussion in '1972 Holden LJ Torana GTR XU1' started by RLQ, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Value

I wonder what is the value of this car today?<!-- Signature -->

2. hmm.. probably alot, only 1600 made.. and performance to boot.<!-- Signature -->

3. A genuine one is worth around $A15000 - $A20000 here in Australia, however a replica can be built for around $A5000.<!-- Signature -->

4. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 3654ever</i>
    <b>A genuine one is worth around $A15000 - $A20000 here in Australia, however a replica can be built for around $A5000.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->That is not that high in value.<!-- Signature -->

5. The reason holdens are cheap as sh!t in australia is because bogans own them.........

they arent that good cars.........and the good cars like this one are not wanted by business people or people with money because holdens are generally crap cars made for idiots who are drunk 99% of the time.......atleast thats what they used to be made for.

Look at the FORD XY GT HO PHASE 3............1 year older and goes for up to AUS $150 000..........you could buy 10 of these.......and both had equal success........go figure.<!-- Signature -->

6. look at the gtho P3 it was out accelerated by the charger, which is a 265 six!! so is this. The gtho was a 351 this was a 202 and still kicked but around MT panorama (bathurst)! And Holdens are crap?????

7. The mighty Phase 3 ruled the mountain the charger did shit on bathurst. Ford got doged a few times cos the rear brakes cooked up going down conrod sraight at 250+ klm they were only drums.

8. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from RLQ</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 3654ever</i>
    <b>A genuine one is worth around $A15000 - $A20000 here in Australia, however a replica can be built for around $A5000.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->That is not that high in value.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Yes it is because when they were brand new they probably were sold for like $2000 or something I dunno I wasn't around back then. <!-- Signature -->

9. Yeh the phase 3 ruled bathurst, it was the fastest car built in australia for how long i think it was 30 years i heard, but i'm not to sure about that length of time.

10. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from nissanZboy</i>
    <b>Yeh the phase 3 ruled bathurst, it was the fastest car built in australia for how long i think it was 30 years i heard, but i'm not to sure about that length of time.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Excuse me? Phase III fastest Aussie production car?
    The 1972 Charger R/T E49 was faster than the Phase III, despite giving away 1.5 litres and 2 cylinders.
    Which brings me to a point - how come neither of these fine cars are on this site?<!-- Signature -->

11. The reason Chargers cocked up at bathurst was because they tried to put cold wheel nuts back on after a wheel change and,oh yeah thats right,they had no front end either...They mighty GT-HO had finned drums yeah thats right but the E49 R/T WITH the A-84 Track Pack still didnt have either power steering OR power assisted brakes(they also had rear drums) and they were in a lower price bracket(d instead of c,i think)as well.

12. It was whenever it came out till mid 1996.

13. Super Bogans and one eyed Greeks luv fords

so it all evens out in the end

Ford is detroit speak for mullet

14. An LJ GTR-XU1 was $3,300 on the road in basic form, add the little tricky bits pushed it up to a massive $3,600. My XU1 was the backup rally car for Colin Bond. It was originaly built by Bob Holden, Colin Bond and George Shepard. I got it second hand in 1974 from some guy who did some pretty nasty mods so I took it back to Bod Holden who originally built it to have it restored. After some time its was back to its best. The whole brive train was Blue printed and balanced, and would rev right out way past the red line and the speedo was off the dial. Top gear at the top of the hill at Amaroo Park would pull over 120mph and no double valve bounce. Estimated top speed was around 135mph and that was traveling over the Nullabour Plan at night, with 600watts of light hanging off the front. I also did a few rallys as well. A great car with lots of fond memories.

15. Back to the original question. The last LJ XU-1 (matching numbers '73 'Bathurst' model) sold at Aust Muscle Car Sales was $84,990. There is presently a restored '73 LJ XU-1 'Bathurst' for sale for $105,000. Prices have settled down at lot in the last 12 months or so. Same as the Phase III HOey's. 12-18 months ago you were looking at between $700,000 - $1 mill, but they have now settled back down to around $500,000-$600,000. BTW....the current record price paid for a phase III HOey is $850,000!

For what it's worth, a matching numbers LX SS hatchback (non A9X) are fetching $60,000-$70,000. A9X's are $100,000+.

For the Charger fans out there, the latest E49 Charger at AMCS (unrestored, matching #'s) is for sale for $165,000.