Re: Vanquish v 360 Modena v 911 Turbo v 3200GT v SL500

Discussion in '2000 Ferrari 360 Modena' started by LanciaDeltaIntegraleS4, Aug 9, 2002.

1. All of those cars have very different purposes and very different prices, but basically it seems that you're asking what everyone's favorite European sports car is. Well...if the McLaren still counts, I'd go with that, but otherwise I'd take the TVR Cerbera Speed 12 or the Ferrari 550 Maranello. You can't beat the Mac for speed, performance, and engineering beauty, and the Cerbera and 550 have both style and good performance. If I was feeling like a maniac, I'd go with the TVR because it is absolutely insane in the speed department, but if I was feeling more sensible, I'd go with the Ferrari because it has excellent performance, Italian design, and unparalleled class.<!-- Signature -->

2. Oops...forgot that the 550 is now the 575M. Even better! Who wouldn't go for a quarter-liter more displacement.<!-- Signature -->

3. I'd go for the 2003 SL55, if they don't count as they are not in production YET. Then the Vanquish<!-- Signature -->

4. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Skylines rule</i>
    <b>I'd go for the 2003 SL55, if they don't count as they are not in production YET. Then the Vanquish</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    The 996 twin turbo would kill all of these cars including the SL55 amg. Not the mclaren.

5. 360 Modena, the best combination of style and performance, in my opinion.<!-- Signature -->

6. I would get the 911 Turbo, because its better than this car in every way, but I'll give iut one thing, it hsa the looks one the Turbo.
    PORSCHE FO LIFE

7. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Dr Porsche</i>
    <b>I would get the 911 Turbo, because its better than this car in every way, but I'll give iut one thing, it hsa the looks one the Turbo.
    PORSCHE FO LIFE</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Agreed<!-- Signature -->

8. #8 Lee Iacocca, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Your answer is on the FIA World GT Chamionship:
    www.gtracing.net/worldgt2/

If you Don't Know it's an european championship of GT cars (No kart-like cars):

There are 47 drivers here are the first 23:

(Results of 2001)

1. Bouchut - Chrysler Viper GTS-R
    2. Belloc - Chrysler Viper GTS-R
    3. Hezemans - Chrysler Viper GTS-R
    4. Bleekemolen (Jeroen) - Chrysler Viper GTS-R
    5. Campbell-Walter - Lister Storm
    6. Vosse - Chrysler Viper GTS-R
    7. Derichebourg - Chrysler Viper GTS-R
    8. Duez - Chrysler Viper GTS-R
    9. Rydell - Ferrari 550 Malanello
    10. Coronel - Lister Storm
    11. Bleekemolen (Michael) - Chrysler Viper GTS-R
    12. Bleekemolen (Sebastian) - Chrysler Viper GTS-R
    13. Kumpen - Chrysler Viper GTS-R
    14. Gosselin - Chrysler Viper GTS-R
    15. Kox - Lamborghini Diablo GTS-R
    16. Belmondo - Chrysler Viper GTS-R
    17. Bourdais - Chrysler Viper GTS-R
    18. Goueslard - Porsche 996 GT3-R
    19. Dumez - Porsche 996 GT3-R
    20. Bailey - Lister Storm
    21. Springer - Lister Storm
    22. Clerico - Chrysler Viper GTS-R
    23. Menu - Ferrari 550 Maranello
    <!-- Signature -->

9. The 360 Modena isn't a GT, i think your talking about the 360 challenge!<!-- Signature -->

10. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from FerariMaster</i>
    <b>The 360 Modena isn't a GT, i think your talking about the 360 challenge!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

The 550 is a V12 5500cc... !

The 360 is a V8 3600cc... !

The Viper is a V10 8000cc... !

Since Vipers are kicking the F550 what we can say about the little one ?

And these are REAL race stats and not cool chart stats !

And Ferrari 360 simply CAN'T be in GT class ! Their engine is too SMALL to WIN there ! It's one of the smaller V8 on the market !

And the "F1" name with the Modena is a FAKE ! The F1 car reach 18.000 rpm while 360 modenas CAN'T even reach 9000 rpm ! The F1 car uses a V10 or V12 and NO V8 !

Modena is just a fun car, OFICIALLY It's not a GT and it CAN'T even beat the Aston Martin Vanquish/Vantage.<!-- Signature -->

11. Vanquish...When Aston releases the Vantage version

12. Vanquish v 360 Modena v 911 Turbo v 3200GT v SL500

hi everybody

If you were in the market to buy yourself a GT, then what car would you get out of these? why?

Aston Martin Vanquish
    Ferrari 360 Modena
    911 Turbo
    Maserati 3200GT
    Mercedes SL500 or any other European GT you'd like.

price does not matter as this purchase is funded by Rupert Murdoch

NOTE: GT stands for grand tourer. GT = Luxury Sports car. American cars are not GTs. European cars are GTs.

13. 360
    sl500
    aston
    maser

<!-- Signature -->

14. The Aston Martin is a totally different class car from the Modena. One is confined for luxury, while the other for exotic sports.

You can't compare the two just like you can't compare a Mercedes Business Sedan to a Lamborghini Murceliago.

15. We're not comparing with Aston Martins...

We're comparing Modenas with Diablos, Vipers, Storms, Porsches 996 and Maranellos...

Modena is losing to them all.

And it loses even to a luxury car like the Aston Martin Vanquish/Vantage.

But the comparsion isn't with Aston Martins.

Check the FIA GT stats above.<!-- Signature -->

16. No more question ! Too bad ! LOL !<!-- Signature -->

17. the Vanquish was misplaced a little here. The Vanquish was meant for direct competition with the 550 maranello. Among the others, though, I'd take the Modena. I see 911's all the time, and the others don't really interest me as much.

18. The maserati, I've personally never seen one before, so it would be cool.<!-- Signature -->

19. I already made my choice over a 360
    I picked Turbo<!-- Signature -->

20. the ferrari those other cars suck except the porsche oyur stupid if you think different

21. Vanquish for the style and its Exclusive!!

22. I heard someone saying the the f360 is losing to maranello,911 turbo
    and maranello.

First off the f360 is 3s a lap faster than the maranello in fiarano.

Here's the lap records of the diablo sv,the 911 gt3 and the f355
    in Suzuka(F-1 Japan gp track)

DIABLO sv(100 kg lighter than normal diablo 0-400m 12.1s)
    2m 32s 985

Gt3 (Much faster than the 996 turbo on the track
    0-400m 12.6s)
    2m 32s 988

F355 (0-400m 13.0s)
    2m 33s 253.

The f355 is 0.3s behind the diablo and the gt3,
    the f 360 is considerably faster than the f355 in all
    aspects.Will the diablo and the 996 t be able to beat
    the f360 in suzuka? I don't think so.

YOu can argue that the 911 t is faster than the f360 in nurburgring
    but it's an unfair competition as the 996 t is tuned in nurburgring.

ANd guess what, the f360 is awarded as the best handleing car by R and D in the June issue.

23. The 996's are not tuned specifically to Nuerburgring, they're tuned to be driveable on any type of road, consider that most everyday roads are quite uneven and Porsches are often driven every day, winter as summer and therefor needs to be more versatile than Ferraris, Maseratis, Lambos, Corvettes or Vipers(being the main competitors).
    Vanquish and SL500 are great heavy lumps made for fast comfort&luxury.
    3200GT has massive quality-problems but looks great and is pretty fast.
    Lamborghini are really bad performers considering the bhp-output, with that amount in a Porsche or Ferrari they'd run rings around the Diablo!
    F355/F360 are both beaten by the sharper Porsches, admittedly it depends on the type of track, perfectly smooth&flat and the Ferraris can keep up with the Porsche GT3/Turbo but as previous speaker said on Nuerburgring they don't stand a chance against Porsche and that place is very much like an everyday twisty mountain road.
    And the Porsche Turbo is quite a lot quicker than the GT3 on that track, still if money ain't a problem then why not a GT2?
    It beats everything but then again the cost clearly shows that too...
    Ferrari for the piece of art blended with performance it is but if I could only have one car that I'll be driving all the time then Porsche Turbo is the only thing to get, no other car manages to do EVERYTHING in one package as well as Porsche, McLaren is really an unknown since practically noone has one and noone can ever get hold of one even if they had the cash.

24. I think you don't know much about Suzuka,It's not a perfectly 'flat' track it's the most difficult track in Japan.The video that I mention has a complete review of this f-1 track.And the conclusion from that video is that the better the handleing of the car the better it will perform in Suzuka.

If you read porsche world you will know that every new type of porsche
    has to be tested in nurburgring for thousand of kilos before that prototype can become a new model of porsche.So think about it.

also the Gt2 beats everything?May be only in Nurburgring.
    SuZuka is chosen to be the formula one racing track,
    it should have something special and I don't see why the Gt3(996)
    don't perform there as you've said and the f355 did perform there.

I do agree with you on the practicability thing.