Re: VIPER SUCKS AND WILL ALWAYS SUCK!!!!!

Discussion in '2000 Hennessey Viper Venom 800TT' started by hennesseyms, Aug 9, 2002.

1. How is this car not a good car, hmmm...<!-- Signature -->

2. When your a good driver, then you know how to control it. Its not some little car that you can abuse and expect it not to oversteer with the amount of power it has. Use the accelerator wisely, and you'll be rewarded with one really great handling car, better than a lots of others.<!-- Signature -->

3. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 550WOLVES</i>
    <b>No one cares about the past, the present is now and we're living it so that's our concern.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    So what is the PRESENT expectation for this car?

4. #4 camaroboy, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from hennesseyms</i>
    <b>name one "streetlegal" sports car for 200k or less that is better than this, you can't...

www.hennesseyms.com

www.motortrend.com/june01/ttviper/ttviper_f.html </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    mosler mt900tt it might not beat this no numbers for it yet but 2400lbs and 650 hp it should be close untill handling comes up than the mosler will step ahead because of the weight difference the base model has 350 HP and does 0-60 in 3.5 sec.

5. XJ220 would beat the Mosler, too. And yes it will beat everything, that's why it's my deity.

6. VIPER SUCKS AND WILL ALWAYS SUCK!!!!!

Sorry. I just had to do that. I guess I wanted to find out what people's reactions are regarding the post and the car.

Any takes?

Feel free to criticize but don't be rude and back your things up, don't just start bullshitting everything.

7. Well it hardly sucks. Performance wise, and only performance wise, the Viper is a much, much better deal than all of the "top-of-the-line" exotic cars out there. The only better deal I can think of is the Corvette, which almost matches, but doesn't, all the stock Vipers numbers. But I hear the 2003 Viper will be only 65,000, which could possibly be better than the Corvette in terms of price, because you get 500 hp, not the 405 the Vette Z06 has.<!-- Signature -->

8. For a long time, I disliked the Viper just as you do. you must surpass your belifs that it sucks.(in my case, I was quite ignorant to the Viper.) But just seeing the car in person, changed my whole opinion on this car. It DOES have muscle, It looks alright (I think the 2003 RT-10 looks much nicer) and Its one serious performer. But I must get one thing out. The Viper is NOT better than the Corvette, and vice versa. I HATE the threads that say "viper rapes the corvette" and "corvettes rule compared to vipers" and so on. I love them both, and they will lead the american sports cars into the next millenium. Long live american muscle.<!-- Signature -->

9. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 550WOLVES</i>
    <b>Feel free to criticize but don't be rude and back your things up, don't just start bullshitting everything.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Ha! If only you could live by those same words...

10. Name any American car and i will name one import car that will smoke them all.

Suzuki
    Escudo....hehe

Oh yeah and by the way....IMPORTS RULE!!!

11. y dont dont u name a place n ill kick ur ass

12. Notice how I was kidding at the top? Unfortunately, all some people ever seem to do is take things seriously.

By the way, this isn't the best car. There are way better performers out there.

13. #13 hennesseyms, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  14. Veyron
    Satisfied?<!-- Signature -->

15. Whoa! The Veyron will be less than $200K? Sweet!

16. Guys, price strictly depends on location. You think a Viper like this in Japan will be 200k? Wake up.

17. How much does the Veyron cost in Japan?

18. Vipers don't suck, and I'm not in Japan (& don't plan to be) so I couldn't help with the price situation. I'm naming the car that would beat the Viper: 1993 Jaguar XJ220. I'm not sure, but almost every post I've made has at least a small reference to this particular car. I truly believe it is the best car ever made. If you don't agree, don't knock it. Any car that can outdo my Vic is good enough for me (unless it's a coupe...ugh...coupes). Anyway, that's the car that does and will beat the Venom 800TT. -FCT

19. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Forest City Tsunami</i>
    <b>Vipers don't suck, and I'm not in Japan (& don't plan to be) so I couldn't help with the price situation. I'm naming the car that would beat the Viper: 1993 Jaguar XJ220. I'm not sure, but almost every post I've made has at least a small reference to this particular car. I truly believe it is the best car ever made. If you don't agree, don't knock it. Any car that can outdo my Vic is good enough for me (unless it's a coupe...ugh...coupes). Anyway, that's the car that does and will beat the Venom 800TT. -FCT</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Whoa there. Did you just say the Jag XJ220 would beat the Venom 800TT? Your crazy! You must have not looked at the performance specs.

Here, I'll compare them for you

Venom 800TT
    800 HP
    900 FT/LB torque
    0-60 2.4
    0-100 5.5
    1/4 mile 9.9 @ 150
    Top Speed 235+

Jag XJ220
    542 HP
    475 FT/LB torque
    0-60 4.0
    0-100 8.0
    1/4 mile N/A
    Top Speed 212

<!-- Signature -->

20. There is no "best" car. It's all arbitrary.

If you have the money, then the Skyline is the best way to go due to its' limitless upgrade potential.

21. SVS you have to remember the XJ220 is stock, Its already Turbo'ed, so just imagine what it would be like with more boost.......<!-- Signature -->

22. it's already a twin turbo and it still isn't all that amazing...<!-- Signature -->

23. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from hennesseyms</i>
    <b>it's already a twin turbo and it still isn't all that amazing...</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

But you have to remember its only a 3.5 V6.<!-- Signature -->

24. true, but take a jag. V12tt and it sill won't be better than this...<!-- Signature -->

25. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from hennesseyms</i>
    <b>true, but take a jag. V12tt and it sill won't be better than this...</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Oh yeah and why not then??<!-- Signature -->