Re: VIPER SUCKS AND WILL ALWAYS SUCK!!!!!

Discussion in '2000 Hennessey Viper Venom 800TT' started by hennesseyms, Aug 9, 2002.

1. That is bull. It is not the best car in the world, but it dosnt suck

Viper is Cool

2. well i love the viper and all american cars but although the viper is a dealy fast car i would still say the the vette zo6 has it in the looks
    but still this is one beiutiful car that can haul ass

3. YEH WE ALL NOW THE AMERICAN VIPERS SHIT, AND FOR THAT PRICE ITS A RIP OFF WHEN THE FASTEST 0-60 CAR THE TIGER SPORT IS ONLY 40,OOO POUNDS.

PLUS THE GUY WHO SAID NAME ONE AMERICAN CAR AND THE AND IT WILL SMOKE EUROPEANS ONES.

WELL BEAT THE UNOFFICIALY FASTEST CAR IN THE WORLD FROM DUBAI - MERC CLK GTR FURTHER TUNED BY AMG, AND IS GUARTEED THAT , THAT PARTICULAR THERE IS NOTHOING THAT WILL BEAT IT IN THE WOLD GUARNTEED BY AMG FOR THE DUBAI RALLY CHAMPION THAT OWNS IT.

UKZ RULE<!-- Signature -->

4. Oye...this is getting OLD...

I'm not even going to bother saying anything to this one, other than "idiot". What a moron...lol...kid, go back to your nap.<!-- Signature -->

5. dude you scared me there<!-- Signature -->

6. let me bring all u people back down to earth. the viper is better than any jan.,euro.,and U.K. car because the stat show it and u cant prove them wrong, SO SHUT THE HELL UP IF U DONT KNOW WHAT THE HELL U ARE TALKING ABOUT BITCHS!!!!

7. Hey JDM, stop being a biased prick and wake the #$%# up idiot. Saying something as dumb as that makes you sound like one helluva retard.

8. There are a lot of idiots like JDM around. Stupid dumb biased Yank.

9. The Viper is definitely not the best car around. There is no car that reigns supreme above all else. It just doesn't exist. Every car comes with potential, it's just how much potential one has over another that counts.

10. Hi 550WOLVES!! Good to see you reply with your alter ego's!!
    LOL!! :] :]<!-- Signature -->

11. ok i don't think it's fair to compare modded cars like this one to stock cars. WHy don't you compare stock to stock and make sure that they are production cars! then we would be comparing real cars not cars that were modded the shit out of them.

12. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 550WOLVES</i>
    <b>Stop comparing the Jag. This post isn't about a Jag. It's about the Viper, and how extremely overhyped it is and how it falls below expectations.
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    What expectations were there? Please explain.

13. Well, unless you're blind, you'll find plenty of reasons by reading the damn post.

14. Do you even know what expectations there were for the first Viper made? I'd be surprised if you do (and can answer the question).

15. Once again, read the post then talk. The Viper has issues whether or not its' expectations were met before hand.

No one cares about the past, the present is now and we're living it so that's our concern.

16. You truly are one ignorant person you know that?

This is the same issue we've been talking about over at the 2002 GTS forum.

The car has issues and you know what I'm talking about.

OVERSTEER you fool, occurs when the back has more weight than the front. This is what happens to the Viper.

If you're a pro, it won't happen but make no mistake, this car has the tendancy to oversteer much more easily than any other car.

17. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 550WOLVES</i>
    <b>Well to answer your question Guibo. The certain expectations include:

1. More balanced weight distribution from back to front</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    What is the weight distribution of the 800TT?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 550WOLVES</i>
    <b>2. Better gear compression ratios to make up for underpowered top speed.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    "Gear compression ratio"? LOL, what the hell is that? Underpowered top speed? This car hasn't even been tested for top speed yet.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 550WOLVES</i>
    <b>3. A wider base for more expansionability and upgrade potential.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    How wide is the base? Whose expectations are we going by? Did Hennessey expect this? Did Motor Trend? Did the Supreme Court?

<b>4. Less engine limits to the V8 to allow for more bore displacement.

V8? Which car are you talking about? This car doesn't have a V8? BTW, this car is bone stock below below the heads. You want boring and stroking? Hennessey can do that too (look at the 650R). So can Lingenfelter and TNT. The <b>V10</b> of the Viper is HUGELY understressed, that's what makes it possible to modify so much.

<b>5. Lowered suspension (this is a huge problem).</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    "Huge"? How huge? Who has test driven the 800TT and complained that it was huge? Are you saying the suspension is too low? Or is it too high? My god, man. Make yourself clear.

<b>6. Possibly better axle calibration which may be a factor in the slip/slide effect.

What is the current calibration? The car already comes with a limited slip differential.

Pretty freakin' vague expectations, to say the least. Try to narrow it down and use real-world automotive terms. Please.

18. This is tooo funny! Good one 550.

19. Guibo one question, If this car hasn't been tested for Top Speed, howin the hell do you know if it will Top 235 or what the Speed 12 can do?<!-- Signature -->

20. I've never said this car will do 235 mph.

21. Yes but you were saying it about the speed 12<!-- Signature -->

22. I was saying what with the Speed 12?

23. What was I saying about the Speed 12?

24. u suck and always will!!! viper are the best!!!

25. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from JDM Kid</i>
    <b>u suck and always will!!! viper are the best!!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

You see those are the quotes that aggravate me. Vipers aren't the best possible cars in the world. Even die hard Viper fans with a touch of reality admit that. They may be your favourite, I agree that they are good, but the best they are not. Having a preference is a matter of opinion but claiming something is the best is stupid. In the end it all depends on what you are looking for. If you want a fast car that doesn't cost much by all means the Viper is for you but those wanting something else are entitled to it. Like it or not better cars exist.