Re: VIPER SUCKS AND WILL ALWAYS SUCK!!!!!

Discussion in '2000 Hennessey Viper Venom 800TT' started by hennesseyms, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Exactly. Well said.

2. Yes, and Guibo do you want me to post the link?<!-- Signature -->

3. Actually the venom has 833 HP but only 725 get to the rear wheels becas of the torque. and it has 950 FT/Lbs of torque but i will cut to the chase the viper is king and it will always be the king.

4. lambo porshe ferrari slolom=68 mph
    This car=75.1 mph

what the fu** do you mean it can't handle?<!-- Signature -->

5. Why does everyone say a viper handles crapy because it does not handle crappy it handles better than most of the cars.

6. Well to answer your question Guibo. The certain expectations include:

1. More balanced weight distribution from back to front
    2. Better gear compression ratios to make up for underpowered top speed.
    3. A wider base for more expansionability and upgrade potential.
    4. Less engine limits to the V8 to allow for more bore displacement.
    5. Lowered suspension (this is a huge problem).
    6. Possibly better axle calibration which may be a factor in the slip/slide effect.

7. #82 Guibo, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  8. This Viper doesn’t handle crappy but it is also not a stock Viper. It is unfair to compare it to a stock Porsche, Ferrari or Lamborghini. If you tested a Gembella Diablo for example the numbers would also improve from their stock models. It’s all relative.
    <!-- Signature -->

9. #84 LiquidChild, Aug 9, 2002
    <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Guibo</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from LiquidChild</i>
    <b>Yes, and Guibo do you want me to post the link?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Is this what you're talking about?

http://www.supercars.net/cMsg?viewThread=true&year=2000&make=TVR&model=Cerbera%20Speed%2012&fn=83

</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Er no, I was taking about the Fact that you said the speed 12 hadn't been tested for TopSpeed, and nor has this.<!-- Signature -->

10. Enough beating around the bush. If you have a road test for a production Speed 12 hitting its top speed, post it.
    I'm still standing by my claim: the 800TT has NOT yet been tested for top speed.

11. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Guibo</i>
    <b>Enough beating around the bush. If you have a road test for a production Speed 12 hitting its top speed, post it.
    I'm still standing by my claim: the 800TT has NOT yet been tested for top speed.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I'll stand by mine then, The speed 12 has NOT yet been tested for top speed.<!-- Signature -->

12. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SvSi Viper</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Forest City Tsunami</i>
    <b>Vipers don't suck, and I'm not in Japan (& don't plan to be) so I couldn't help with the price situation. I'm naming the car that would beat the Viper: 1993 Jaguar XJ220. I'm not sure, but almost every post I've made has at least a small reference to this particular car. I truly believe it is the best car ever made. If you don't agree, don't knock it. Any car that can outdo my Vic is good enough for me (unless it's a coupe...ugh...coupes). Anyway, that's the car that does and will beat the Venom 800TT. -FCT</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Whoa there. Did you just say the Jag XJ220 would beat the Venom 800TT? Your crazy! You must have not looked at the performance specs.

Here, I'll compare them for you

Venom 800TT
    800 HP
    900 FT/LB torque
    0-60 2.4
    0-100 5.5
    1/4 mile 9.9 @ 150
    Top Speed 235+

Jag XJ220
    542 HP
    475 FT/LB torque
    0-60 4.0
    0-100 8.0
    1/4 mile N/A
    Top Speed 212

And here we have another perfect example of a noob who thinks ACCELERATION is everything hahaahahahaa jesus ....god damn newbies make me sick man<!-- Signature -->

13. Deug why don't you tell these guys about that Veilside Supra?

14. What, again? He already did.

Anyway, with 12 pounds of boost, this car matches the power claim of the Giwasa Viper. 1087 RWHP = roughly 1200 hp, depending on correction factors.

15. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 550WOLVES</i>
    <b>Deug why don't you tell these guys about that Veilside Supra?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

The truth is too hard for them.

16. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Guibo</i>
    <b>What, again? He already did.

Anyway, with 12 pounds of boost, this car matches the power claim of the Giwasa Viper. 1087 RWHP = roughly 1200 hp, depending on correction factors.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

At 833hp , the reliability of the Venom is already questionned.

How are HPs measured in the US ?

Are they DIN or SAE ?

17. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 550WOLVES</i>
    <b>You truly are one ignorant person you know that?

This is the same issue we've been talking about over at the 2002 GTS forum.

The car has issues and you know what I'm talking about.

OVERSTEER you fool, occurs when the back has more weight than the front. This is what happens to the Viper.

If you're a pro, it won't happen but make no mistake, this car has the tendancy to oversteer much more easily than any other car.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

you are VERY wrong. oversteer is when the are more wight at the front. accelration, braking both cause over steer. more accelration means the back wheels are spining(not all the time though) which then means the car spins. under braking there have been a wight shift. more wight on the fronht means the back is light. then the back can slip easyier. more wight on the front means the car pushes the front wheels, this is called UNDERSTEER. Mind the spelling please. anyways the viper 800tt has a back wing. DOWNFORCE pushes the back the the ground. People now a days.

I sent in this picture of Jordan for People in the USA.<!-- Signature -->

18. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Guibo</i>
    <b>SAE.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Giwasa say the stock viper engine delivers 400hp DIN , which is 450hp SAE.

So EU and US Viper may have the same engine.

19. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Swedenboy</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SvSi Viper</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Forest City Tsunami</i>
    <b>Vipers don't suck, and I'm not in Japan (& don't plan to be) so I couldn't help with the price situation. I'm naming the car that would beat the Viper: 1993 Jaguar XJ220. I'm not sure, but almost every post I've made has at least a small reference to this particular car. I truly believe it is the best car ever made. If you don't agree, don't knock it. Any car that can outdo my Vic is good enough for me (unless it's a coupe...ugh...coupes). Anyway, that's the car that does and will beat the Venom 800TT. -FCT</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Whoa there. Did you just say the Jag XJ220 would beat the Venom 800TT? Your crazy! You must have not looked at the performance specs.

Here, I'll compare them for you

Venom 800TT
    800 HP
    900 FT/LB torque
    0-60 2.4
    0-100 5.5
    1/4 mile 9.9 @ 150
    Top Speed 235+

Jag XJ220
    542 HP
    475 FT/LB torque
    0-60 4.0
    0-100 8.0
    1/4 mile N/A
    Top Speed 212

And here we have another perfect example of a noob who thinks ACCELERATION is everything hahaahahahaa jesus ....god damn newbies make me sick man</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

You're calling me a newbie? I have over 3 times more posts than you at this moment! And did I say acceleration was everything? Did I even hint at that? NO. I'm pretty confident that the Venom 800TT would handle a lot better than the Jag XJ220 anyway.

You are quite the idiot. And what the hell is a "noob"? Is that 5 yr old talk?<!-- Signature -->

20. Hey IloveVipers, that's great what you said, but as for the picture, send some more.

21. Yeah right...you're always trying to bury this car, it is still better than any import car of $200,000 or less...<!-- Signature -->

22. Hence the word "import" rookie. In their home countries, those "imports" aren't "imports" are they? Their price isn't as much. Try selling this in Japan. Now that will be expensive. Remember, the world doesn't all revolve around the United States.

23. Hmm... isn't it strange how an F50 is a limited production car that's one of a kind whereas a Viper isn't? Hmm...........

24. #100 deuginthesky, Aug 9, 2002