Re: What do you think of it?

Discussion in '1937 Mercedes-Benz W25 Avus Stromlinie' started by BYBYCOPS, Aug 10, 2002.

1. What do you think of it?

I don't care what you guys say, that is one ultra-awesome car! Can you believe it was built in 1937?!?! And I heard that it went 270 mph!<!-- Signature -->

2. Auto Union and Benz dueled it out during the Nazi era. Not many good things happened in Germany then, but this was definitely one of them. Too bad most of the drivers that did it got killed in the big banked ovals (and you thought NASCAR was new, HA!).

3. Tight car<!-- Signature -->

4. haha is a BAT MAN car

5. Hard to believe it was built in 1937. A nice racer in any age from the looks of it. What's up with the EPA #s though?<!-- Signature -->

6. It's a cool car but not my style though.<!-- Signature -->

7. Totally cool car. Picture it alongside one of the Autounions in real life, that would be so cool !!!!<!-- Signature -->

8. Can't believe this car was built in 1937. Awesome power for that time... And the speed...

keep the faith<!-- Signature -->

9. this thing is sweet it was built in 1937 and it has over 700 horses and it goes 236 mph now thats surprising when i thought of cars in 1930's one word came to mind, slow but this car proved me wrong.<!-- Signature -->

10. A wonderful concept for its time. Built on the formula that rocks the world still today, brutish engine in a small shell. Outstanding.

11. This car and others of the era were actually HUGE! By todays standards.

Just look at the size of the cockpit. Its got somthin like 22 inch wheels

12. This car is absolutly amazing, it can beat most cars these days and was made in 1937!!! the creater of this car was a genius among geniuses<!-- Signature -->

13. Woww!!!!!! 1937 and 380 mph??? I think that, if this horrible car haves 380 kp/h, all the supercars's ( lamborghini, mclaren, porsche, etc. ) speeds have to be 450 km/h. But, i know ( cause my father desings cars ) that is realy hard to make supercars, and i think that making this car costed a lot! <!-- Signature -->

14. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from MOOCHACHA</i>
    <b>This car is absolutly amazing, it can beat most cars these days and was made in 1937!!! the creater of this car was a genius among geniuses</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->had to be an evil genius. you know, the good ones don't make this kinda money.<!-- Signature -->

15. 736 hp out of a 5.6L V-12 in 1937?! Not many cars can do that today! Who ever did the engine is genius! To bad it dropped out of the race it would have easily won.<!-- Signature -->

16. NOT MANY?? almost NONE. i mean this isn't turbocharged or anything! 130 hp/litre? you realize this car probably revs past 10,000 rpms???? do the math.

17. Oh yes. More like a miracle. Take for instance the Enzo. It's a 6.0 liter with 660 hp.. Why don't car manufacturers do thet today?