Re: what do you think of the modifications?

Discussion in '2002 Mini Hamann Cooper S' started by rallyman69, Aug 9, 2002.

1. its a good car

2. what do you think of the modifications?

i dont really like the front spoiler. it seems to drag on the ground too much. the wheels are pretty cool tho.<!-- Signature -->

3. nice wheels but the body kit could be better

4. actually seeing one of these, heck i live on Long Island, I see almost every car on this site.
    One thing to add, the car isn't really BMW, even though its own by them. Just keep reminding yourself this is a British Car.
    So when you go to the BMW dealer, having any problems with your Mini, or basically needing a tune up or service, and they told you, they dont know how to.
    It's not because they're stupid, but the car, isn't a BMW, but it's a British car, based on a British design.
    You'll have better luck going to a Jaguar or Land Rover dealer.
    Performce, 195 hp, is pretty nice for a 4.
    However, i'm also aware you can even Mod it a lot more, and reach upwards to 250.
    <!-- Signature -->

5. ur right about the front spoiler dragiin a bit.
    the rear spoiler could be much better and the side skirts could be a bit more unique for a company like Hamann<!-- Signature -->

6. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from JaguarX</i>
    <b>actually seeing one of these, heck i live on Long Island, I see almost every car on this site.
    One thing to add, the car isn't really BMW, even though its own by them. Just keep reminding yourself this is a British Car.
    So when you go to the BMW dealer, having any problems with your Mini, or basically needing a tune up or service, and they told you, they dont know how to.
    It's not because they're stupid, but the car, isn't a BMW, but it's a British car, based on a British design.
    However, i'm also aware you can even Mod it a lot more, and reach upwards to 250.
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

ummmmm this car has a BMW engine, transmission, and drivetrane. Hamman only tunes BMW, Ferrari, and Porsche. The mini on thier site has a BMW motor, and so does the Range Rover (4.4 V8 from 740) I seriously doubt BMW would sell a car that they couldn't service. The ignorance here is mind-blowing.<!-- Signature -->

7. 195 out of a 1.6 inline 4 is awesome, i wouldn't really mind about the looks if i were driving a car with these specs. Anyway they're actually really cool... i really think this is a hot hatch.<!-- Signature -->

8. I didn't like very much the front spoiler and the paintjob, but it's an awsome car. I like the standard car and this is much better! And 195 horsepower from the 1.6L 4 cylinder is quite impressive!<!-- Signature -->

9. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from JaguarX</i>
    <b>actually seeing one of these, heck i live on Long Island, I see almost every car on this site.
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

its definitely a german car
    it may have british charm but thats the only brithish thing about it
    <!-- Signature -->

10. kicks ass!<!-- Signature -->

11. looks really good, loose the decals though

12. tight wheels, although a speed-bump would rip all the body kits off, it's not a bad little mini<!-- Signature -->

13. Its a good idea considering its on a small car made for cruising<!-- Signature -->

14. What do I think ?

I bet it still can't catch a regular Clio RS or Sport 172 if you prefer , and a 190hp version of the Clio is now highly rumored for the Paris motor show.

The Clio RS is still the best bang for a buck.<!-- Signature -->

15. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from CeltaDriver</i>
    <b>I didn't like very much the front spoiler and the paintjob, but it's an awsome car. I like the standard car and this is much better! And 195 horsepower from the 1.6L 4 cylinder is quite impressive!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

i agree. the standard cooper s is good enough for me.<!-- Signature -->

16. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from deuginthesky</i>
    <b>What do I think ?

I bet it still can't catch a regular Clio RS or Sport 172 if you prefer , and a 190hp version of the Clio is now highly rumored for the Paris motor show.

The Clio RS is still the best bang for a buck.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

a comparo between this and the clio is pretty close. overall, i think i'd go for the clio. although u cant get those in the US. :(<!-- Signature -->

17. i have to say I prefer the clio to this too. altho, dont forget that the clio sport 172 (not the v6!) makes only 23 less hp without forced induction. if a tuner was to put a turbo on that, it would be making WELL over 210 i guess, loads more if an intercooler was on as well (which is also on the mini) and high boost. anyway its a cool car, dont like the front spoiler tho...
    <!-- Signature -->

18. French tuners can push it with ease at 195hp normally aspirated , new ECU and camshaft job.

Technomap at Dieppe have a 220hp NA kit for the Sport 172.
    -camshaft work
    -ECU
    -Exhaust
    -Flywheels.

I've seen dyno charts , no bullshit , really 220hp.<!-- Signature -->

19. this is an awesome mini<!-- Signature -->

20. I agree, lose the decal and it would be great. Awesome performance though.<!-- Signature -->

21. performance is good.
    but loose the front spoiler.

22. nice but only 195HP. shit i thought they would of made more HP for a tuner car.

23. It's a 1.6 litre goddamnit!!!

24. news to your people, Mini, is british, and so is this engine, look it up; unless BMW changed the plant location<!-- Signature -->

25. #25 HotBoxer, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    holy shit, it doesn't matter where the fuk the plant is! BMW builds Z3's and X5 in the USA, does that make them american cars retard? THIS NEW MINI IS NOT BRITISH.

From Car and Driver:

The DOHC 16-valve puffer from BMW's Brazilian joint venture with DaimlerChrysler is a little drowsy below 3000 rpm, when the supercharger is more load than blow. Above that precipice you feel more heat from the 155 pound-feet of peak torque, the optional stability control ($500 or included in the Sport package) gets more of a workout trying to keep the front tires planted, and the cockpit fills with the sound of what could be an electric pool vacuum.

To BMW's credit, the supercharger's sound print, even at its 14,000-rpm, 11.6-psi peak scream, is actually quite mild, and the sensations remain happy until 6000 rpm, where it all comes apart in a booming storm. At 6800 rpm, the computer pulls the plug. Fortunately, the tiny cogs of the three-axis transmission are configured so top-gear cruising at 80 mph happens at a reasonably subdued 3500 rpm. Expect the 2550-pound Cooper S to hit 60 mph in a little more than seven seconds.
    How times change. Cooper's lads now work with BMW developing 200-hp hot-rod kits for European buyers, and the Cooper S is nothing to snicker about. In fact, we're salivating.

http://www.caranddriver.com/xp/Caranddriver/previews/2002/june/200206_preview_mini.xml?&Manufacturer=MINI&Name=Cooper&class=22&page=2

thats funny, they don't mention any british company in the article as having anything to do with this car. I can go to more sites and get more info to prove you wrong if you like.

<!-- Signature -->