Re: What do you think?

Discussion in '2002 Lotus Esprit V8' started by SRB The Punisher, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Hey RX7....it does have twin turbos =P
    and yes..I've seen V8s pump out more power too..but those are all bout 5.0L+ rite?

This engine is so small..it's like a 3.5L V8 =P
    That's small than the V6 in my family sedan =P well not mine..but families in general..Dads car =P
    Our family car runs a 3800 Series II V6 from GM..das a 3.8L V6 =P

Anyhow..I dunno why the engine output is so low honestly, but I think you can strap on larger turbos =)

And yes..I love the RX-7s too...
    nothing like the sound of Rotary engines =)

DA PUN<!-- Signature -->

2. I really don't know. I liked the Esprit for many years but the styling and engineering is ancient. Lotus, to remain a true super car competitor should try looking at Lamborghini, Ferrari, Bugatti, Aston Martin, Saleen, shit even a Dodge. This car should be wind tunnel tested and possibly similar in style but more rounded. God damn, Lotus should at least intercool this thing and get the horsepower over 400+ or even 500+... Shit I am a Lotus fan, but Jesus H. Christ when Corvette and a #$%#en Dodge out perform a Lotus.... Might be time to unload the entire corporate staff and hire some Italians or Germans, damn get some new blood with new ideas.... I do give credit to TVR and Aston Martin... Good on them Brits...

3. I love the look of the car only a few upgrades with this model than the old model though. Even the Ferrari look lights help the cars appearence.<!-- Signature -->

4. SRB, where does it say tt?

5. What do you think?

New, very nice, very little improvement, sportier, little faster, preceeding old design, new bits of compoments, roomier.

With all the up and downs of this guy, theres nothing much to be expected from Lotus, in the cause of its downturn of resources. But overall, the Esprit is still a very good car.

<!-- Signature -->

6. Yep..agreed...but honestly, I think this car has more ups than downs.
    I mean..look @ it..piece of art =)
    State of the art suspension, low tech in computer control, but high tech in materials.
    Ok..so this car is a lil small for 6' + guys =P

DA PUN<!-- Signature -->

7. ALL ESPRITS RULE!!!!!!!!,whoever thinks otherwise- eat cheese and die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Don't get me wrong, i love lotus but i think they could have added a bit more power to this beauty.
    Meh, i could be wrong.

9. LOL!!you can always add more power man, but remember, you have to keep the weight down. If they add a bigger engine, it comprimises the light weight and suspension, therefore screwing the handling =P

DA PUN<!-- Signature -->

10. This car is really sweet and fast and good looking

11. Srb, i know bout keepin weight down and all, but i think it would be more fun to drive it had a turbo and stuff. that wouldn't wiegh it down much. and i'v seen v8's pump more hp then 350. and they could've made it with more round sides then all straight. i do like this car tho. but my fav is the rx-7 banzi or the 787b.that's very light wieght and they are soooooo #$%#in fast. they could have done more to it that doesn't drastically harm the wieght and have more hp.

12. one of Britain's crown jewels

13. Looks good IMO.<!-- Signature -->

14. I think this supercar is absolutely cool and enough powerful to be a supercar.350 bhp is enough to get more then 250 km/h.

15. I think that this is one of the most beautiful machines ever made, and who ever doesn't enjy it, has no idea.

16. this car is awesome, and the restyling makes it look ten times better<!-- Signature -->

17. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from S7-311</i>
    <b>ALL ESPRITS RULE!!!!!!!!,whoever thinks otherwise- eat cheese and die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I agree. The Esprit is great!