Re: What exactly is this?

Discussion in '1934 Auto Union Typ A' started by 300ZXmaniak, Aug 9, 2002.

1. What exactly is this?

i really can't tell, i think the design either way, be it meant for a truck or an SUV, or hopefully not one of those avalanche thingys, but either way, it should be cool

2. a truck.<!-- Signature -->

3. thats one way to put it, the bed would almost look too short

4. I don't know exactly what 'genre' this would be classified as... maybe something new altogether.

But hordes of these types of vehicles of springing out of Japan and winding up in car shows around the world; I can't make any sense of it. Who in their right mind would purchase such a vehicle? And come on GM... a Subaru opposed 4!? Put a real engine in this thing... no one wants to go off road in a 4 cylinder, there's no torque.

5. Its a hybrid vehicle.
    Some point the styling to be a preview of the next Tracker while the Subaru-GM joint has spawned a next GM light pickup for Subaru, I don't know if Chevy will get its own version and if so, if its going to look like this car.

for now, I think the borrego is a nice one off.<!-- Signature -->

6. it's a cartk (car truck)<!-- Signature -->

7. cartk, thats pretty humorous
    i would just call it a concept car for now..........

8. indeed and the guys at the Bow Tie division have stated that there are no plans to produce it
    but it just may hint at some future product... I don't know<!-- Signature -->

9. All I know is that this one looks better than those other SUV Concepts... This one doesn't have that sharp corners. Looks pretty good actually...

keep the faith

10. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from sniper</i>
    <b>All I know is that this one looks better than those other SUV Concepts... This one doesn't have that sharp corners. Looks pretty good actually...

keep the faith</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

yeah well, Chevy is making its new SUV's pretty attractive
    at first my thoughts on the new Trailblazer were like, this thing is too overdone... too exaggerated but I'm starting to like it a lot, the Avalanche kicks ass and this Borrego concept could be a hit if it gets produced<!-- Signature -->

11. I'll tell you what this is. It is a blood sucking monster, drawing money away from GM's performance sector. What a useless vehicle. Things like this are the reason for the death of the 300ZX, Supra, and now the F-bodies. Not this particular peice of shit, but the entire SUV\Hybrid\Crossover sector. I hate it! See the background in that picture? Who ever drives in an environment like that? About 5 percent of the people who drive SUV's and the like actually use them for what they are. The rest of the people should buy real cars.

12. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Wheelman</i>
    <b>I'll tell you what this is. It is a blood sucking monster, drawing money away from GM's performance sector. What a useless vehicle. Things like this are the reason for the death of the 300ZX, Supra, and now the F-bodies. Not this particular peice of shit, but the entire SUV\Hybrid\Crossover sector. I hate it! See the background in that picture? Who ever drives in an environment like that? About 5 percent of the people who drive SUV's and the like actually use them for what they are. The rest of the people should buy real cars.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

uhhm...
    damn... this kind of guys drive me nuts... those who think the world is all about high performance cars... that are useless in real life...
    I mean, try driving a Honda S2000 every day, all the time, ... and you will surely have your kidneys crushed by the end of one year...

uhhm damn cmon, the pic was a computer rendering for the car... btw<!-- Signature -->

13. It's a compact SUT.<!-- Signature -->

14. Anybody remember the Subaru Brat? It was a crossover vehicle - kind of like a truck, but it had a pair of removable bucket seats in the bed with grab handles. This thing kind of reminds me of it in the way it is multi-purpose in it's design. Too bad Chevy doesn't intend to build it, I'm sure it would sell....