Re: When will the americans learn how to make engines??????

Discussion in '2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra' started by snyper, Aug 9, 2002.

1. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from BMW M</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Cobra351R</i>
    <b>you european guys thinking bmw is god are morons. who started mass producing cars in the first place, i think the mans name was henry ford. anyways, why would anybody pay 30-40k for a bmw m3 when they can pay 32k for a cobra that out performs the m3. now, onto the engine. i think america was the first country to start mass producing v8 powerplants. but yah, bmw is god, you morons are paying for a name. btw, every svt dohc 4.6 is hand assembled in dearborn michigan, so send the craftmanship up yer ass. and if americans dont know how to build motors, check out the nhra circut, see how many european engines are there......nhra engines pump out exess of 4000 hp you stupid european #$%#s! peace

p.s. the mustang was the first pony car, and will be the last</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Great another brain washed American moron to deal with! I'll tell you why a myself and a majority of the world would take an M3 over a Mustang Cobra: The M3 has luxury, class, beautiful design, build QUALITY (something no Mustang will never have), ride quality, amazing european handling (another thing Mustangs will never have), quality engineering. Plus the M3 GTR Strassenverion does 0-60 in 3.4 seconds and it will annihilate the mustang cobra.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Great another brain washed European moron to deal with! I'll tell you why myself and a majority of the world would take a Jaguar XJ220 S TWR over a M3: The XJ220 S TWR has luxury, class, beautiful design, build QUALITY (something no M3 will ever match), ride quality, amazing British handling (another thing M3 will never have), quality engineering. Plus the XJ220 S TWR does 0-60 in 3.3 seconds and it will annihilate the M3.

*Yawn*
    <!-- Signature -->

2. im kinda confused on how this forum got changed from when will americans build quality engines to bmw vs a mustang. kinda strange, but i think fordman has got it right. you morons are comparing apples and oranges. get back to the forum topic, why you stupid bastards think america dosent know how to make engines.........thank you

3. plus bmw m.....if you wanna talk tuners, like your strassen version or whatever who cares, lets talk about the boss mustang.....0-60 in 1.9 seconds, check up on that big guy, you might learn something

4. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from CHECKERS3333</i>
    <b>ok... americans like the SOUND of a huge engine as well as the hp and speed. what would you all rather hear when u rev up your car??? a squeal from a 3.6liter 420hp 911 turbo, or the roar of an 8.0 liter 450 big block viper gts??? yea...

THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT!!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

The Viper GTS is a beautiful car but don't embarass yourself! Goliath was bigger than David but who ended up winning, that's right it was David. The sound of the Viper means nothing when it gets blown away buy the 911 turbo and GT2. The 911 GT2 does 0-60 in 3.6 seconds and the viper does 0-60 in about 4.0 seconds. And this just in a drag race, if we take both cars to the race track the GT2 will outhandle the Viper making it look so weak. <!-- Signature -->

5. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 84FordMan</i>
    <b> I said it before snyper, and I believe it was to you, compare within BMW's own class, luxury-performance. Want to compare it to a Ford company, do it with Jaguar. What, suddenly scared? Why? Simply because there are several Jags that could obliterate BMWs? Let's see, Jaguar has a total of three entries on the Best 0-60 list, compare that to BMW's... zero entries.

I direct your attention to the 1994 Jaguar XJ220 S TWR. Eight years old and it's still smoking BMW across the board. So your thinking it must have some V10 or V12 under the hood, right? Nope. V8? Nope. It has, get this, a V6!!! Pushing out 680 HP @ 7200 RPM and 526.6 ft lbs @ 5000 RPM. Excuse me, but what BMW V6 can do that? Oh that's right, the Germans can't get it right!!

For top of the line Jaguar, get the 1990 XJR-15, aye it has a V12 pumping, get this, 450 HP @ 6250 RPM and 420 ft lbs @ 4500 RPM. Before you can start laughing snyper, this 450 HP, 1 ton Jaguar CAN STILL SMOKE ANY BMW OUT THERE!! In the twelve years since it's existance, BMW has yet to beat out the XJR-15.

It's not how many horses you have (Example: Ferrari), but how well you use them (Example: 1967 Ford GT40).

Face it snyper, a Ford owned company, dominating your beloved BMW for well over a decade, and for many years to come. German luxo-muscle will never win over British luxo-muscle.

Also if any of those engines did exist, they would be in my dyno program, which has nearly every domestic, import and mainstream exotic (Lambo and Ferrari) engine dating for the 60s-70s all the way up to 2001. You have still failed to produce any evidence of their existance only saying "I've seen them." Well people see aliens too, but does that mean they exist too?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

This will definitely shut you up! I believe the fastest production car in the world is the McLaren F1 powered by none other than a BMW V12 which is the killer of the XJ220. And no Jag or Aston Martin will ever be influenced by Ford's inferiority even if they are "Ford Owned."<!-- Signature -->

6. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Lido Iacocca</i>
    <b>No i'm saying if you had money buy an SuperStalion a COBRA R a BOSS before talking that the americans WHO DEVELOPED THE V8 don't know how to make engines !!!

It IS pathetic !!!!

The BMW was a company who allways had make a lot of cars with problems and NOT reliable.

Every German knows that. You're thinking that Volkswagen, Audi, Mercedes and BMW are all the same.

The great German companies in reliability are Audi and Mercedes.

The BMW has an entire BAD history throught the 50s, 60s, and 70s.

If they make an engine with more this or more that ask them to explain why the Germans allways prefer the Porsches, Mercedes and Audis.

And ask too why every mustang Cobra had allways been faster then every BMW. The car of this forum was made to be cheaper and fast in America.

But if you had a lot of money take a look in the Mustang BOSS, SuperStalion, COBRA R forums before coming here.

Ps.: Ask to BMW why they best cars are V8s and not their marvelous 6-cyl...</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

BMW's r unreliable, ahahahahahahahahaha, u dumb phuck, dont u know that they r the more reliable than Mercedes and Porsche, it is Mustangs that r the hopeless unreliable fools, look at ur precious Mustang boss, it broke twice in the same test, Car and Driver, against the Camaro ZL1, wow 2 times in one day, that must suck ass, and as for BMW copying an american favourite i will remind u that it was Germany that first used the V8 configuration, however so the US made it popular, and the BMW M3 has far better performance than ur Cobra and so does the M5, and do u remember that oh so embarrasing time for ford when the claimed output of the 2000 SVT Cobra was 320 and when put to a dyno only made about 290bhp, wow and that was just yesterday, all of those recalls, if u want a true american sports car take a look at the corvette, still bad BHP/litre ratio, but it is a helluva lot better than a cheap ass mustang, better handling and better acceleration, so dont talk about how good ur mustang is, because it really aint all that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<!-- Signature -->

7. Well Lido is partially right. BMW's were and are in fact somewhat high maintenence. I should know. My uncle has owned a 750iL and a 328Ci. Both of which needed to be serviced like every 6 months. And the cost of maintaining one of these babies doesn't come cheap. True a Mustang isn't very reliable either but at least most guys are able to work on the cars by themselves what with them being of lower technology and all. I like Mustangs and BMW's (saw my first Z8 the other day) but you can't compare Bimmers to Mustangs. Both cars are in their own leagues.

8. And do you remember when they make the first 502 for street (the 502 who was the inspiration for the Z8) with a 6-cyl and 65 horses ?

The car broke so much that the BMW almost broke together.

The car was so heavy it almost can't go up to nowhere.

Do you remember the BMW Isetta ?

Do you remember why the company broke in the '70s ?

And the problem is not what I'm saying or you're saying.

The problem is a guy come here saying tha the Americans don't know how to make engines. That's the Point.

I would like to know what will happen if you go to Germany and talk the same to a German about the Mercedes.

It's the nonsense. Please read all posts before answer them.

<!-- Signature -->

9. Hey buddy bmw didn't even make cars they built airplanes hahaha

10. Yeah ! You right !

BMW was a company who makes engines for airplanes and who makes motorcycles.

BMW was founded in München and in Einsenach.

The company of Eisenach makes the engines for airplanes while the München company makes motorcylces.

Whith the end of World War I they start to make motorcycles and automobiles

When the World War II started they start to build only engines and motorcycles.

After World War II they decide to make automobiles again and here comes the problems. Their engineers were not the same and they don't had the experience need to do that.

And I'm not talking about Germany I'm talking about BMW who is the worse company in Germany.

Mercedes, Audi and Porsche had developed a lot of things and are the greatest companies in research in the world.

Mercedes, Audi, Porsche, VolksWagen, Ford, GM, Chrysler had developed a lot of things in automobili indistry.

Tell me what BMW created in automobili industry ?

BMW sell well in America to people who don't know their past.

A lot of Germans hate the BMW due to te fact they buy cars in '60s and '70 and they lost all their money.

Please, READ all posts before answer them. And don't forget the topic !<!-- Signature -->

11. If you started this talking bad about the American engineers and use the Mercedes as an example, we will discuss that.

But you had choose the worse company in Germany in the time when the automobili industry started.

Tell me what BMW created in autmobili industry ? We're waiting.

And this topic you posted is agressive and brainless regarding to American Companies x BMW.

<!-- Signature -->

12. I'm glad to see Ford doing something with the 4.6. Personanly, I think they have a big disadvantage using that size block, but this is an exception. Still, Chevy could do something similar with the 350 and then it's back to Fords court. Who knows what the Camaro will be like after it's little vacation. I also like the intercooler setup, thats just surprising to see a water to air in a Ford. This will have an advantage over NA at higher altitudes, where I am. I have to wonder what C and D said about the curb weight though, I don't trust this one. Also good to see inovation at Ford. DOHC, use of aluminum, composites, etc. And no damn fake hood scoop! The holes work on this one!
    As for you who are saying the M3 with the V8 is better, yeah it is, in every way. It's also a 6 figure car. The thing is made with carbon fibre for gods sake! Don't compare it. Or the M5. The M5 is a high 60K low 70k vehicle in the US! The cobra right now runs about 32k, this will likely be more, but not 60k. Ford could probably do what BMW does, if they were using that desighn philosophy and priced their vehicles like that. You think they can't afford to get new engineers too desighn such vehicles? They don't because that is not their market niche. Lets see BMW make cheap powerfull pick ups. They could, but they don't. Same reason. I think this forum is a joke anyway, but it's a good place to discuss the engine. <!-- Signature -->

13. the only good mustangs was the 67 -> 72 after that they stoped makeing them why not get a real car all you people talk about is ford and shit chevy is a better company than ford better engines more power yah and i bet you all will bring up a Saleen stang or something well go look at the Lingenfelter stage 2 650 it can eat any #$%#in saleen well maybe not the S7 but any built on a stang platform <!-- Signature -->

14. Ok, bro. But we're not talking about GM and Ford.

We're talking about American Companies.

The vette is still american only his design is european.<!-- Signature -->

15. have u ever heard of the BMW 2002 or the M1 or how about the M6 of the early eighties, well if not go and read up on them, i still think that u have no idea that BMW is as reliable if not more reliable than Mercedes, Porsche and Audi, the fact that u precious ford phucks up all of the time and cannot make decent horsepower from a massive ass blown engine is just pathetic, and u have no idea how good the engineering is for BMW, i know first hand, my Uncle has had BMW's for 14 years, he has just got the new 325 compact, and with his previous cars i have only heard of him take the car to the shop for one reason, a paint job, and he takes his car to track days as well, so if u want to talk about reliability then anything ford!!!!!!!!! ford have one of the worst Powertrain problems, in fact after a friend of mine blew his engine after a drag race and then the replacement engine within a week that was the nail in the coffin for ford in my opinion, maybe it was just a one off, but so far i have never heard of a BMW engine blowing up, except in Formula 1 and that happens to almost every manufactuer including Mercedes, and Cosworth (Ford) and reliability kings Ferrari, so dont complain anymore jsut know the facts and learn to live with them, and by the way the most revolutionary piston engines in the second world war came from BMW, not Rolls Royce or Packard, so dont come in and say stuff when u dont know the whole story, and as for the Sports car scene the M3 beat the CLK55 in the test when the CLK55 is far more expensive and it also beat the Z06 corvette!!!!! and as for the part in technology, BMW is far ahead in technology than Ford, learn some more, and as for the bad spell in BMW history, show me some facts, i have taken some time to look this claim up on the internet and so far i have found shit all on it, so please in form u s all<!-- Signature -->

16. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from snyper</i>
    <b>have u ever heard of the BMW 2002 or the M1 or how about the M6 of the early eighties, well if not go and read up on them, i still think that u have no idea that BMW is as reliable if not more reliable than Mercedes, Porsche and Audi, the fact that u precious ford phucks up all of the time and cannot make decent horsepower from a massive ass blown engine is just pathetic, and u have no idea how good the engineering is for BMW, i know first hand, my Uncle has had BMW's for 14 years, he has just got the new 325 compact, and with his previous cars i have only heard of him take the car to the shop for one reason, a paint job, and he takes his car to track days as well, so if u want to talk about reliability then anything ford!!!!!!!!! ford have one of the worst Powertrain problems, in fact after a friend of mine blew his engine after a drag race and then the replacement engine within a week that was the nail in the coffin for ford in my opinion, maybe it was just a one off, but so far i have never heard of a BMW engine blowing up, except in Formula 1 and that happens to almost every manufactuer including Mercedes, and Cosworth (Ford) and reliability kings Ferrari, so dont complain anymore jsut know the facts and learn to live with them, and by the way the most revolutionary piston engines in the second world war came from BMW, not Rolls Royce or Packard, so dont come in and say stuff when u dont know the whole story, and as for the Sports car scene the M3 beat the CLK55 in the test when the CLK55 is far more expensive and it also beat the Z06 corvette!!!!! and as for the part in technology, BMW is far ahead in technology than Ford, learn some more, and as for the bad spell in BMW history, show me some facts, i have taken some time to look this claim up on the internet and so far i have found shit all on it, so please in form u s all</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

BMW is so far ahead technologically than Ford because they finely tune their engines? Yeah, Ford could do that to and keep the price under the BMW except they let us do it, it's called the aftermarket. You think I can't buy a Cobra and get it to 400 HP NA and still be under the BMW price?

17. probably, but u dont think u could buy an M5 and tune it to 500bhp, actually it has already been done, take the limiter off!!!! peace<!-- Signature -->

18. My reply is simple, the Saleen S7. Check it out , it'll turn your blood red, white, and blue.

19. I was waiting for you idiots to say something stupid. i'm not surprised at all. the fact that ford needs to shove a supercharger into every engine to make adequate horsepower is just pathetic. And for all of you who think this has loads of torque???? please dont make me laugh. do you know how much torque the M5 has???? i wont even tell you because you might get a heart attack, since you cant get into your peanut sized brains that europeans are far better than americans in making engines.

20. Lido, something about your signature is bugging me. How the hell does the Boss Mustang make 0-60 in 1.9 seconds but needs double the time to cover the other 40 miles for a 0-100 time of just over five seconds... that looks like a horrible fall off of the power curve there...<!-- Signature -->

21. #71 EliteWolverine, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from OzyF1</i>
    <b>I was waiting for you idiots to say something stupid. i'm not surprised at all. the fact that ford needs to shove a supercharger into every engine to make adequate horsepower is just pathetic. And for all of you who think this has loads of torque???? please dont make me laugh. do you know how much torque the M5 has???? i wont even tell you because you might get a heart attack, since you cant get into your peanut sized brains that europeans are far better than americans in making engines. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

hahaha the best engines known to man are by a company named COSWORTH( http://www.autoracing1.com/MarkC/2001/0924FordCosworth.htm ), they have gm, bmw, toyta, ferrari every name u can make, they hand their asses to them on a platter.

and for the fact that cosworth is a major part of ford every since 58' they have been racing partners and now in 98' they finally bought the company...becoming a division of ford literally.

BWTF, u guys need turbos to get ur cars up...wtf is up with the turbo beattly only pushing 180hp...a vtec pushes 190hp and a zetec pushes 155hp. both n/a tuned.

Any how europe might be ahead of tech in engine wise...but who seems to win more races...thats right the americans. Our engines might not have this gizmo or that gizmo, bwtf, if u cant win with them then why make them right?

BMW or european cars are far from the best...hell i can name a numurous amounts of engines that will outlast our perform and imbarass the BMW.

This car got a 130hp jump from the gt version...not bad considering its a 4.6L stock engine with just a super and no other heavy mods.

22. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from OzyF1</i>
    <b>I was waiting for you idiots to say something stupid. i'm not surprised at all. the fact that ford needs to shove a supercharger into every engine to make adequate horsepower is just pathetic. And for all of you who think this has loads of torque???? please dont make me laugh. do you know how much torque the M5 has???? i wont even tell you because you might get a heart attack, since you cant get into your peanut sized brains that europeans are far better than americans in making engines. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Define adequate horsepower. How about 582 HP @ 6000 RPM? Is that adequate enough for you? 509 ft-lbs of torque @ 6000 RPM good enough too? Want to guess what that came out of? A Ford SMALL BLOCK V8 NATURALLY ASPIRATED to that. No supercharger or turbo here baby. How about we boost the compression ratio up a little? 605 HP @ 6000 RPM, 529 ft-lbs of torque @ 6000 RPM. Again, still all natural. Hmm odd, I can't find any BMWs even close to that. The Hamann Z3 Roadster M has 40HP LESS than this Cobra.

You should stop talking trash about Mustangs, especially when the average HP a BMW V8 puts out is only 325.<!-- Signature -->

23. Would also like to report a simple head swap to canted/oval pocket ported, large valves cylinder heads will net the Cobra 477 HP @ 6000 RPM.

Still nothing like American Muscle.<!-- Signature -->

24. you european guys thinking bmw is god are morons. who started mass producing cars in the first place, i think the mans name was henry ford. anyways, why would anybody pay 30-40k for a bmw m3 when they can pay 32k for a cobra that out performs the m3. now, onto the engine. i think america was the first country to start mass producing v8 powerplants. but yah, bmw is god, you morons are paying for a name. btw, every svt dohc 4.6 is hand assembled in dearborn michigan, so send the craftmanship up yer ass. and if americans dont know how to build motors, check out the nhra circut, see how many european engines are there......nhra engines pump out exess of 4000 hp you stupid european #$%#s! peace

p.s. the mustang was the first pony car, and will be the last

25. Elite Wolverine, the most reliable engines over the past 4 years in formula 1 have been Ferrari, they have had 3 blow ups, in last year alone i know that the Jaguar engine blew 3 times, and is almost 50bhp down on the Ferrari engine, so until then shut up, u stupid git, and as for the Bettle it still makes 100bhp/litre and ur mustang doesnt!!!

84FordMan, That is one a one of engine which most likely has been tuned, i know plenty of engines that could beat that pathetic number, like a prototype BMW engine built which produced 1000bhp++ at 10500 and a nice compliment of 750 ft lb++ of torque to go along with that, and it was a 6.2 litre engine, damn thats bhp!!!

and to u cobra 351R, the M3 has a 0-60 of 4.7, and is alot better in handling than th emustang is, WHY??? u ask, try that it is lighter, stiffer chassis and so on, and the braking is better also

until the next posts

peace<!-- Signature -->