Re: When will the americans learn how to make engines??????

Discussion in '2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra' started by snyper, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Snyper, talking about hp, did you know the most powerful engines are in top-fuel/funny car dragsters? They use Hemi engines. Their not actual Dodge blocks, but are still based on the architecture of this famous American engine. Just thought you'd like to know.

P.S.- Please stop typing in jibberish, you don't have to spell the way you speak. Since I don't know your age or education level, just make sure you don't make up words, and use periods(.) They will distinguish the beginning and end of your sentences.

Thank you.<!-- Signature -->

2. I made my point so far and there has not been one of you dumb bitches who actually said anything valid that opposes my opinion. I will start by Calling out all of the top engine manufacturers in europe: Ferrari,Lamborghini,BMW,Mercedes-Benz. Now, for all of the years that they have been around there has not been a Ford,Chevy, or chrystler that can match these manufacturers. Ferrari specializes on high performance formula 1 engines and they put these engines on road cars. Tell me one American manufacturer that does this. please. By the way, Ferrari only needs 6 liters of displacement to churn out 900 hp+, naturally aspirated.(F60 GT). Lamborghini Gembala Lotec pumps out 900hp and yet it's still naturally aspirated. BMW with their M powered machines are just unbeatable in its class. (yes the americans were the first ones to make mass produced v8s. my question is have they learned anything????)NO!!!!they havent!!!!otherwise i would not see the europeans and the japs dominating the automobile industry. but lets leave the japs out of this and go on to mercedes. Something that you morons would like, superchargers. Their AMG specification engines are torque monsters!!!!! 600 @ 2200RPM. thank you.

3. thats why we should all buy a jap v6!!!

people flame to much on this board, its pretty useless

4. one question to all the european lovers, when was the last time bmw competed on the nhra pro curcuit?......if they dont build good engines, i dont know who does

5. since when did any euro car manufacturer join a drag event.

the 1/4 mile isn't what euros use to measure good performance......they're fast with corners involved.....not just a straight line.<!-- Signature -->

6. snyper....that is not true about formula 1 using pump gas. if you knew anything about the internals of car motors, you would realize that compression ration has a lot to do with hp. there is no way in gods green earth that ferarri can make 900 hp for a 3 liter v10 on pump gas. now, do you know why that is?.....the redline on a formula 1 car is in the mid 20,000's, ok.....now, lets think about this a minute, if a standard 2.0 4 cylinder honda motor redlines at lets say 8000, the compression ratio is close to 10.1)thats roughly)..now, your telling me, that a car that redlines at 25000 rpm's is gonna run off the same car whos redline is 8000 with roughly 10.1 compression ratio?.......i sure hope your not that stupid......thank you

7. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from OzyF1</i>
    <b>I made my point so far and there has not been one of you dumb bitches who actually said anything valid that opposes my opinion. I will start by Calling out all of the top engine manufacturers in europe: Ferrari,Lamborghini,BMW,Mercedes-Benz. Now, for all of the years that they have been around there has not been a Ford,Chevy, or chrystler that can match these manufacturers. Ferrari specializes on high performance formula 1 engines and they put these engines on road cars. Tell me one American manufacturer that does this. please. By the way, Ferrari only needs 6 liters of displacement to churn out 900 hp+, naturally aspirated.(F60 GT). Lamborghini Gembala Lotec pumps out 900hp and yet it's still naturally aspirated. BMW with their M powered machines are just unbeatable in its class. (yes the americans were the first ones to make mass produced v8s. my question is have they learned anything????)NO!!!!they havent!!!!otherwise i would not see the europeans and the japs dominating the automobile industry. but lets leave the japs out of this and go on to mercedes. Something that you morons would like, superchargers. Their AMG specification engines are torque monsters!!!!! 600 @ 2200RPM. thank you. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Not one to match these manufacturers? How about the GT40, the original Ferrari killer.

8. I said it before snyper, and I believe it was to you, compare within BMW's own class, luxury-performance. Want to compare it to a Ford company, do it with Jaguar. What, suddenly scared? Why? Simply because there are several Jags that could obliterate BMWs? Let's see, Jaguar has a total of three entries on the Best 0-60 list, compare that to BMW's... zero entries.

I direct your attention to the 1994 Jaguar XJ220 S TWR. Eight years old and it's still smoking BMW across the board. So your thinking it must have some V10 or V12 under the hood, right? Nope. V8? Nope. It has, get this, a V6!!! Pushing out 680 HP @ 7200 RPM and 526.6 ft lbs @ 5000 RPM. Excuse me, but what BMW V6 can do that? Oh that's right, the Germans can't get it right!!

For top of the line Jaguar, get the 1990 XJR-15, aye it has a V12 pumping, get this, 450 HP @ 6250 RPM and 420 ft lbs @ 4500 RPM. Before you can start laughing snyper, this 450 HP, 1 ton Jaguar CAN STILL SMOKE ANY BMW OUT THERE!! In the twelve years since it's existance, BMW has yet to beat out the XJR-15.

It's not how many horses you have (Example: Ferrari), but how well you use them (Example: 1967 Ford GT40).

Face it snyper, a Ford owned company, dominating your beloved BMW for well over a decade, and for many years to come. German luxo-muscle will never win over British luxo-muscle.

Also if any of those engines did exist, they would be in my dyno program, which has nearly every domestic, import and mainstream exotic (Lambo and Ferrari) engine dating for the 60s-70s all the way up to 2001. You have still failed to produce any evidence of their existance only saying "I've seen them." Well people see aliens too, but does that mean they exist too?<!-- Signature -->

9. #109 Heyman, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from BMW M</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from The El Man</i>
    <b>You obviously havent got a clue. I would like 2 c BMW get that much torque from a similar engine, or accelarate as fast as the Mustang does!

Plus compare the sound of a Ford/Chevy V8 compared to a BMW V8. No comparison except the ridiculously priced (but oh so sweet Z8).

To see cool cars visit this site and click "BODY STYLING"

http://lameroad.topcities.com

awesome!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

El Man your retarded! There is no stock mustang or chevy (besides the Z06) that could beat the M5 in a race. Who cares about the "sound" of the engine. The M5 is a monster than performs very smoothly and out-accelerates any stock mustang and even the "tuned" Cobra. The M5 is the fastest Saloon car in the world and it combines great euro handling (something no American car will ever have), Luxury fit for a KING, QUALITY engineering, and one of the best designs around, hence it's price tag. If you wanna play with concept of tuning, I can bring in Schnitzer, Hamann, and Dinan. The M3 GTR does 0-60 in 3.4 seconds. And the Z8 is a God compared to the Mustang that is the equivalence of a peasant. BMW is not overpriced, you get what you pay for: QUALITY. Mustang's have horrid resale value and they break down rather easily.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Some people do care about the sound of the car, me included. If you feel that you must compare an m5 to a mustang half its price than that's fine. No matter what you have the more money you put into the more you get although people are already predicting (very safely I might add) that it will be sub 5 0-60, and your m5 gets 4.6, that's only a couple .seconds for 35 thousand more. Maybe you can make a say the bmw is more luxurious but none of you people seem to get the idea of this car. It is not an exotic roadster that cost 130,000 (z8), but wait a sec, another ford I know could beat the z8 in every way, it's called the gt40.

10. Cobra351R, F1 USES PUMP OCTANE!!!!!!!!!!!! go to the website and check it out, go to FIA and check out the regulations, they r always there, and the engine does not rev to 25000rpm but to 20000rpm, i sure hope that u aint that stupid to not look it up before u blurt stupidity out!!!!

the Jag was not under ford control at that time and so there fore can not be described as a proper american car, and if u want to look at a fast car look at the Mclaren F1, see how many listings there r for that car in fastest 0-60, and look at who made the engine, wait let me tell u, BMW, not ford, and that engine makes 100bhp/litre!!!!!!!, and as for the remark of the XJR-15, it was said by Jeremy Clarkson as the worst handling car of all time, quote, and to make it worse it was a 6 litre engine and only made 450bhp that is also pathetic, come on!!!!!

and as for the Lambo engine, IT WAS A MARINE ENGINE AND NEVER WAS PUT IN A CAR CHASSIS, that is why u probably wont find it in ur program!!!

peace
    <!-- Signature -->

11. Ok ok........somebody said name one american company that made high power engines that were as reliable as ferrari, porsche, BMW, Benz and others.......two words.......Vector Areomotive....Bad bad badly run company but awesome made cars...Anybody wanna guess how many of there cars are left running in good condition....upwards of 90%.

Also......why compare F1 engines to a 289(4.6) I mean cmon how bout we compare my Robert Yates Nascar 350 to your Cooper Mini engine thats just ignorant.

Ohh yea I forgot to mention......name one stock Ferrari Part on any F1 car......and I'll name a stock one in a Ford 350 thats used in NASCAR.....seeing as how they use 350's but ford doesn't make one

12. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from snyper</i>
    <b>Cobra351R, F1 USES PUMP OCTANE!!!!!!!!!!!! go to the website and check it out, go to FIA and check out the regulations, they r always there, and the engine does not rev to 25000rpm but to 20000rpm, i sure hope that u aint that stupid to not look it up before u blurt stupidity out!!!!

the Jag was not under ford control at that time and so there fore can not be described as a proper american car, and if u want to look at a fast car look at the Mclaren F1, see how many listings there r for that car in fastest 0-60, and look at who made the engine, wait let me tell u, BMW, not ford, and that engine makes 100bhp/litre!!!!!!!, and as for the remark of the XJR-15, it was said by Jeremy Clarkson as the worst handling car of all time, quote, and to make it worse it was a 6 litre engine and only made 450bhp that is also pathetic, come on!!!!!

and as for the Lambo engine, IT WAS A MARINE ENGINE AND NEVER WAS PUT IN A CAR CHASSIS, that is why u probably wont find it in ur program!!!

peace
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Do you read? Or the more important question is, CAN YOU READ? Or maybe it's just an interpreting problem.

As for McLaren F1, yes Bruce McLaren made a BMW engine go fast, but the problem is, it took Bruce McLaren to make that happen. BMW can't do it on their own. If they could, then why are they putting out these little podunk cars that are getting so throughly owned by British luxo-muscle?

Again you quote bhp/litre. Guess what baby? IT DOESN'T STAND FOR JACK SHIT!!!!! When will you learn that? It could have 5,000 BHP/litre and still get schooled by a car with 75 BHP/litre.

Maybe your more of a visual learner, so here are some examples:

1995 Ferrari F50

110.64 bhp per litre
    0-100 - 8 seconds
    0-60 - 3.7 seconds

1968 Ford GT40 MK1 Gulf

89.74 bhp per litre
    0-100 - 8 seconds
    0-60 - Est. 3.5 seconds

PROOF BHP/LITRE MEANS NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

450HP pathetic?! ROFL!!! A scorned BMW lover is a sad thing. Again, I ASK YOU show me a BMW V6 with OVER 450 HP! BMW can barely reach 300HP with a V8, let alone a V6. Your just jealous that a British luxo-muscle with a V6 beats out your top of the line V8 BMWs.
    <!-- Signature -->

13. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Lido Iacocca</i>
    <b>No i'm saying if you had money buy an SuperStalion a COBRA R a BOSS before talking that the americans WHO DEVELOPED THE V8 don't know how to make engines !!!

It IS pathetic !!!!

The BMW was a company who allways had make a lot of cars with problems and NOT reliable.

Every German knows that. You're thinking that Volkswagen, Audi, Mercedes and BMW are all the same.

The great German companies in reliability are Audi and Mercedes.

The BMW has an entire BAD history throught the 50s, 60s, and 70s.

If they make an engine with more this or more that ask them to explain why the Germans allways prefer the Porsches, Mercedes and Audis.

And ask too why every mustang Cobra had allways been faster then every BMW. The car of this forum was made to be cheaper and fast in America.

But if you had a lot of money take a look in the Mustang BOSS, SuperStalion, COBRA R forums before coming here.

Ps.: Ask to BMW why they best cars are V8s and not their marvelous 6-cyl...</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

You have got to be the biggest idiot in the world!!! You think that BMW's are unreliable? How many Bimmers do you see in a mechanic shop compared to the millions of Fords inside the mechanic shops with problems that give even top mechanics headaches. BMW is one of the top quality automakers in the world. Everybody knows this and everbody also knows that Ford's are poorly constructed pieces of crap. i.e. Pinto, Tempo, Topaz, Cougar, etc... The only half decent quality build of Ford is the Town Car and even that has a low resale value. And the M3 which is a 6 cylinder will kill any mustang since it has a 0-60 time of 4.7 seconds you moron! <!-- Signature -->

14. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Lido Iacocca</i>
    <b>And do you remember when they make the first 502 for street (the 502 who was the inspiration for the Z8) with a 6-cyl and 65 horses ?

The car broke so much that the BMW almost broke together.

The car was so heavy it almost can't go up to nowhere.

Do you remember the BMW Isetta ?

Do you remember why the company broke in the '70s ?

And the problem is not what I'm saying or you're saying.

The problem is a guy come here saying tha the Americans don't know how to make engines. That's the Point.

I would like to know what will happen if you go to Germany and talk the same to a German about the Mercedes.

It's the nonsense. Please read all posts before answer them.

If you want to bring up the past than I can gladly bring up the horror stories of "Ford." Remember the Pinto? This car was so shit that if another car hit it from behind at a roaring speed of 10 kph, the entire car would blow up. The Tempo and the Taurus are all garbage cars that gave ppl mechanical problems after 6 months of ownership. Bimmer's only become high maintenance after at least 6-7 years of wear and tear. But Ford's are so poorly constructed and engineered that they start breaking down the same year of purchase.<!-- Signature -->

15. hey bmw m dude how about u come to my city and see the waiting line for bmw's to get in the shop...no they are not 5yrs old they range from 1month to 2yrs old...

oh and ur source for info on ford makes bad cars??? didnt think so, there is no proof one maker is better than the other in terms of quality.<!-- Signature -->

16. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Ty</i>
    <b>My reply is simple, the Saleen S7. Check it out , it'll turn your blood red, white, and blue.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

My reply is also simple, McLaren F1. Fastest street legal car with the "BEST" engine in the WORLD: A BMW V12 engine. You hear that Lido Lacocca????? BMW designed the best engine in the world which also happens to be the fastest production car in the world, so shut your damn mouth about BMW never creating "quality" engines.<!-- Signature -->

17. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from BMW M</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Lido Iacocca</i>
    <b>No i'm saying if you had money buy an SuperStalion a COBRA R a BOSS before talking that the americans WHO DEVELOPED THE V8 don't know how to make engines !!!

It IS pathetic !!!!

The BMW was a company who allways had make a lot of cars with problems and NOT reliable.

Every German knows that. You're thinking that Volkswagen, Audi, Mercedes and BMW are all the same.

If they make an engine with more this or more that ask them to explain why the Germans allways prefer the Porsches, Mercedes and Audis.

And ask too why every mustang Cobra had allways been faster then every BMW. The car of this forum was made to be cheaper and fast in America.

But if you had a lot of money take a look in the Mustang BOSS, SuperStalion, COBRA R forums before coming here.

Ps.: Ask to BMW why they best cars are V8s and not their marvelous 6-cyl...</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

You have got to be the biggest idiot in the world!!! You think that BMW's are unreliable? How many Bimmers do you see in a mechanic shop compared to the millions of Fords inside the mechanic shops with problems that give even top mechanics headaches. BMW is one of the top quality automakers in the world. Everybody knows this and everbody also knows that Ford's are poorly constructed pieces of crap. i.e. Pinto, Tempo, Topaz, Cougar, etc... The only half decent quality build of Ford is the Town Car and even that has a low resale value. And the M3 which is a 6 cylinder will kill any mustang since it has a 0-60 time of 4.7 seconds you moron! </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Well kid, before you go spouting off about things you know nothing of. I am a mechanic at Pep Boys, so I KNOW what comes in the shop more often than any other car maker, Mitsubishi, but they are not in this discussion are they? Next in line would be Hondas, then Chevy, Toyota, BMW, Ford, Benz and all the way at the end of the spectrum, for the least mechanical work done, Lexus. What I see on a day to day basis is backed up by JD Power & Associates for Average Problems Per Car Manufacturer. Guess what? Ford and BMW scored about the same, averaging 3 problems per car. Believe it or not (at the time) Benz, Jaguar, Lexus, Porsche, and even Saab got better scores than BMW. Not many car makers scored worse than BMW, only Chevy, Dodge, Volkswagon, Toyota, and Chrysler.

Want to know the real reason why you don't see alot of BMWs in auto shops? Because alot of the work that is required on BMWs usually is only authorized at the dealership. So why don't you take a swing by your local BMW dealership (Not El Cheapo's Used Car lot you probably got your BMW from) and see how many BMWs they have up in the air on a daily basis.

I got a question for you fanboy. If Fords are POS, then why do cops perfer them? Using Mustang, Crown Victoria, Bronco, Taurus, and F-150 interceptors?<!-- Signature -->

18. #118 BMW M, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from EliteWolverine</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from OzyF1</i>
    <b>I was waiting for you idiots to say something stupid. i'm not surprised at all. the fact that ford needs to shove a supercharger into every engine to make adequate horsepower is just pathetic. And for all of you who think this has loads of torque???? please dont make me laugh. do you know how much torque the M5 has???? i wont even tell you because you might get a heart attack, since you cant get into your peanut sized brains that europeans are far better than americans in making engines. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

hahaha the best engines known to man are by a company named COSWORTH( http://www.autoracing1.com/MarkC/2001/0924FordCosworth.htm ), they have gm, bmw, toyta, ferrari every name u can make, they hand their asses to them on a platter.

and for the fact that cosworth is a major part of ford every since 58' they have been racing partners and now in 98' they finally bought the company...becoming a division of ford literally.

BWTF, u guys need turbos to get ur cars up...wtf is up with the turbo beattly only pushing 180hp...a vtec pushes 190hp and a zetec pushes 155hp. both n/a tuned.

Any how europe might be ahead of tech in engine wise...but who seems to win more races...thats right the americans. Our engines might not have this gizmo or that gizmo, bwtf, if u cant win with them then why make them right?

BMW or european cars are far from the best...hell i can name a numurous amounts of engines that will outlast our perform and imbarass the BMW.

This car got a 130hp jump from the gt version...not bad considering its a 4.6L stock engine with just a super and no other heavy mods.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Americans win all the races? What races? F1 Constructors champion went to none other than FERRARI. Runner up is Mercedes/McLaren. And who wins Lemans races every year, oh that's right European vehicles. So what's left Nascar: A crappy race event that nobody cares about. <!-- Signature -->

19. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from BMW M</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Lido Iacocca</i>
    <b>And do you remember when they make the first 502 for street (the 502 who was the inspiration for the Z8) with a 6-cyl and 65 horses ?

The car broke so much that the BMW almost broke together.

The car was so heavy it almost can't go up to nowhere.

Do you remember the BMW Isetta ?

Do you remember why the company broke in the '70s ?

And the problem is not what I'm saying or you're saying.

The problem is a guy come here saying tha the Americans don't know how to make engines. That's the Point.

I would like to know what will happen if you go to Germany and talk the same to a German about the Mercedes.

It's the nonsense. Please read all posts before answer them.

If you want to bring up the past than I can gladly bring up the horror stories of "Ford." Remember the Pinto? This car was so shit that if another car hit it from behind at a roaring speed of 10 kph, the entire car would blow up. The Tempo and the Taurus are all garbage cars that gave ppl mechanical problems after 6 months of ownership. Bimmer's only become high maintenance after at least 6-7 years of wear and tear. But Ford's are so poorly constructed and engineered that they start breaking down the same year of purchase.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Actually I can show you two 2000 BMWs we have in the air at the moment at Pep Boys. One has starting system problems, the other is going to be sent over to Cottman's for a complete transmission overhaul.<!-- Signature -->

20. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Cobra351R</i>
    <b>you european guys thinking bmw is god are morons. who started mass producing cars in the first place, i think the mans name was henry ford. anyways, why would anybody pay 30-40k for a bmw m3 when they can pay 32k for a cobra that out performs the m3. now, onto the engine. i think america was the first country to start mass producing v8 powerplants. but yah, bmw is god, you morons are paying for a name. btw, every svt dohc 4.6 is hand assembled in dearborn michigan, so send the craftmanship up yer ass. and if americans dont know how to build motors, check out the nhra circut, see how many european engines are there......nhra engines pump out exess of 4000 hp you stupid european #$%#s! peace

p.s. the mustang was the first pony car, and will be the last</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Great another brain washed American moron to deal with! I'll tell you why a myself and a majority of the world would take an M3 over a Mustang Cobra: The M3 has luxury, class, beautiful design, build QUALITY (something no Mustang will never have), ride quality, amazing european handling (another thing Mustangs will never have), quality engineering. Plus the M3 GTR Strassenverion does 0-60 in 3.4 seconds and it will annihilate the mustang cobra.<!-- Signature -->

21. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from EliteWolverine</i>
    <b>hey bmw m dude how about u come to my city and see the waiting line for bmw's to get in the shop...no they are not 5yrs old they range from 1month to 2yrs old...

oh and ur source for info on ford makes bad cars??? didnt think so, there is no proof one maker is better than the other in terms of quality.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Sorry but a standard oil change and check up doesn't count as parts replacement. Ford's break down with major problems in the transmission, drive shaft, alternator, break pads etc... I would know my father is a car wholesaler and he deals with numerous types of cars. Why do you think Escorts, Mustang's and Focus' all depreciate by half their value in like 2-3 years whereas european and japanese cars maintain their value. It's called quality! If you don't believe me shop the market, check the red book.<!-- Signature -->

22. correction, the dauer 962 has 720 hp, and runs 2.6 seconds to 60. not to mention the fact that it is twin turbo. i would like to talk about to car right below it though, the chevy ZL1 concept, 0-60 in 2.7. dauer also weighs 1000 lbs less than the camaro, now granted, the camaro is a concept, but it shows what american technology can put out.

23. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 84FordMan</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from BMW M</i>

It IS pathetic !!!!

You have got to be the biggest idiot in the world!!! You think that BMW's are unreliable? How many Bimmers do you see in a mechanic shop compared to the millions of Fords inside the mechanic shops with problems that give even top mechanics headaches. BMW is one of the top quality automakers in the world. Everybody knows this and everbody also knows that Ford's are poorly constructed pieces of crap. i.e. Pinto, Tempo, Topaz, Cougar, etc... The only half decent quality build of Ford is the Town Car and even that has a low resale value. And the M3 which is a 6 cylinder will kill any mustang since it has a 0-60 time of 4.7 seconds you moron! </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Well kid, before you go spouting off about things you know nothing of. I am a mechanic at Pep Boys, so I KNOW what comes in the shop more often than any other car maker, Mitsubishi, but they are not in this discussion are they? Next in line would be Hondas, then Chevy, Toyota, BMW, Ford, Benz and all the way at the end of the spectrum, for the least mechanical work done, Lexus. What I see on a day to day basis is backed up by JD Power & Associates for Average Problems Per Car Manufacturer. Guess what? Ford and BMW scored about the same, averaging 3 problems per car. Believe it or not (at the time) Benz, Jaguar, Lexus, Porsche, and even Saab got better scores than BMW. Not many car makers scored worse than BMW, only Chevy, Dodge, Volkswagon, Toyota, and Chrysler.

Want to know the real reason why you don't see alot of BMWs in auto shops? Because alot of the work that is required on BMWs usually is only authorized at the dealership. So why don't you take a swing by your local BMW dealership (Not El Cheapo's Used Car lot you probably got your BMW from) and see how many BMWs they have up in the air on a daily basis.

I got a question for you fanboy. If Fords are POS, then why do cops perfer them? Using Mustang, Crown Victoria, Bronco, Taurus, and F-150 interceptors?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Good question, and the answer is that American Cars are "Cheap." You think it would be practical for cop cars to be BMW's or MB? It would cost millions of dollars more when the car is going to be abused with daily cop activities anyway. This is a stupid question. It's like asking why don't Pizza delivery boys ever drive Luxurious cars. Oh and your point about the mechanical ratings is messed up! In case you didn't know Toyota=Lexus, so how the hell can a Lexus be ranked 1st in least mechanical problems and a Toyota near the bottom? I don't care what the hell you do. I have connections with 50 professional mechanics since my father is a car wholesaler and this is how they rate quality construction: 1)Honda 2)Toyota 3)Mercedes 4)VW 5)BMW and the ALL U.S. made cars always come last. With Cavalier's, Escort's, and Neons bringing the most mechanical headaches.i.e. problems with the neutral switch, transmission, alternator, brake pads/shoes, ENGINE etc...<!-- Signature -->

24. BMW M is pretty on the mark IN MY OPINION, just wanted to make that point clear, and if i remember it was probably a #$%#ed up driver that #$%#ed up the transmission, and 84FordMan i own a ford so i aint no hater, but i still believe they need to learn how to make engines, and as i said before, THE JAGUAR WAS NOT UNDER FORD CONTROL AT THE TIME OF THE CARS INCEPTION!!!!!!!!!!, therefore it does not fall under an american car, or even an american owned European car, and JD Power and associates has even said it for u, all of the american car companies are either tied with or below BMW on the most problems with cars, ur own evidence, i will admit that there is one european car there(vw), and it is only in the US that the companies use ford Police cars, in germany they use tuned porsches, and in England they use Vauxhalls and Rovers, those r just 2 examples, i mean a starter system, i have had my ford for 4 years and i have had to replace the starter 3 times allready, and it appears that even u have to refer to a EUROPEAN CAR TO SHOW POWER, that is really sad, even u have lost ur way, Cobra351R, the engine block of the Ford Boss broke twice in one day, how can u even mention that in this conversation, wtf, so it did an incredible time, i bet u can tune any Europen car to do the same if not better, i mean the Dauer 962 Le Mans does it in 2.7 stock with only 600bhp on tap, imagine what it could do with 850bhp as in the BOSS, peace<!-- Signature -->

25. kind of funny the top 3 0-60 times on this site are owned by "american" engines.......not to mention the top speeed(i hate giving chevy props)