Re: Which car would win?

Discussion in '2002 Bugatti 16/4 Veyron Preproduction' started by MotoFoxKDX1, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Which car would win?

OK I'm no expert on cars but I do know a lot and today me and my friend were having a debate on which car would win. My friend is a big American-domestic car lover and thinks that the Dodge Viper Hennessey Venom 800TT would beat this car in a race and I disagree and think that this car would win. So I want to know which one do you think would win?

2. the Bugatti would rip the viper's doors off no problem. wouldn't even be funny.<!-- Signature -->

3. I'm gonna have to disagree with Ferrari F60...it WOULD be funny :D

4. It's almost impossible to say because we don't know the performance of the Bugatti. We also have to realize that these two cars really shouldn’t be compared. They are both incredibly fast, but the Veyron will probably be superior in just about every other category (interior, luggage space, comfort, luxury, civility, etc). If they did race, however, the margin would probably be fairly small.<!-- Signature -->

5. Viper 800tt 0-60 2.4
    Bugatti 0-60 est 3 secs

the viper would win, but if they were to race around a track and not just on a straightaway the bugatti would prolly win

6. I think the 800TT would win.

7. nope nope nope nope...bugatti all the way...0-186 in UNDER 14 seconds?!!?? The 800TTTViper would get caught in the 4 turbos a dis thang...shit i want 1

8. nope nope nope nope ........ Bugatti all the way, 0-186mph in UNDER 14 seconds???!?!! Daaaaammmmmmmnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!! The 800TT would get caught in one of da' 4 TURBOs of this thang!!! shit i want1

9. It's hard to say which would win. Although the Hennessey Venom has faster acceleration, the Veyron has a higher top speed. Depending on how long the cars would race the Venom might beat the Veyron in a 1/4 mile drag race, but the Veyron might be able to make up for it with its manumatic shifting. If the were to run a long straight race the Veyron would probably win. These are 2 high powered road monsters that I'm sure we'll hear more of in the future.

10. What McLaren777 fails to realize is that in the buisness of supercars, the smallest margin of victory is greatly magnified. Engineers spend their lives trying to increase HP by such tiny amounts. Even if one of these speedsters won by tenths or hundreths of seconds, the margin of victory ( in the supercar world) would be prodigious.

AF

11. But if people don't need the racecar-like performance, it's useless in a way. 1/10 of a second doesn't matter very much in the real world in terms of performance.<!-- Signature -->

12. okay, this would be just about the best race you could ask for, but i strongly believe that the Beyron would win. First off the Veyron has 4wd, so that right there means a whole lot less peeling out, where as the Viper has rear wheel drive. But if i were buying a car? the viper no question. You could buy 5 vipers for the price of one bugatti. that should make up your mind

13. Bugatti all the way. <!-- Signature -->

14. I'd jus like to say, I agree with you, but I'm betting the viper could only win with some racing enhancements. I also agree with your quotes

15. if its on the streets id say the viper there wouldnt be room to get up to super high speeds most of the time. but it would be close and the drivers ability to shift would make a big difrence.

16. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from MOOCHACHA</i>
    <b>okay, this would be just about the best race you could ask for, but i strongly believe that the Beyron would win. First off the Veyron has 4wd, so that right there means a whole lot less peeling out, where as the Viper has rear wheel drive. But if i were buying a car? the viper no question. You could buy 5 vipers for the price of one bugatti. that should make up your mind</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    But u don't get that kind of luxury and comfort in the Viper.

17. I brought a Veyron and I don't regret it
    It cost a small fortune but its worth it
    U get noticed and the power is unbelievable
    I have never driven a Viper Venom but I think that they would be quite quite evenly matched
    I haven't tryed maxing it out yet I only got it last month and I don't want to damage the engine
    Its a great car to drive if u eva get enough cash to buy one u should its a great car

18. The Bugatti would win.
    Why? Well, it's faster, and it's uhh...faster
    Oh, and its also faster
    Plus it's faster<!-- Signature -->