Re: Which Ferrari, 550 Maranello or 550 Barchetta Pininfarina

Discussion in '2000 Ferrari 550 Barchetta Pininfarina' started by imnotmaranelloboy, Aug 9, 2002.

1. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 11secdawg</i>
    <b>First off, I doubt you've seen one of these on the road. Second, I own a 99 Maranello and I got to test drive this car at Ferrari of Atlanta and honestly it's sad. Sure it's still a Ferrari but it feels like they took a Maranello and chopped the damn roof off, that's it. My advice, save some money and go with the Maranello. Endless headroom is not worth the amount of money Ferrari is asking for this thing. And that's exactly what I told the Ferrari Salesman. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Actually, I have seen one of these on the road. It looked great. The lines were perfect for it and it looked very well done. Could you e-mail me some pictures of what's in your garage? I've been looking for some legal car pictures to add to my collection.<!-- Signature -->

2. Dis iz krap i wud ratha take da marenello.
    I bet a MercedesBenz SL600 kan beat it

3. hmm, as much as i love MERCEDES, the barchetta is aLOT more exotic, rare, fast...stylish..etc...
    the barchettat over the maranello ANY day<!-- Signature -->

4. Which Ferrari, 550 Maranello or 550 Barchetta Pininfarina

Which car would you prefer???????<!-- Signature -->

5. MARENELLO. ITS WAY BETTER

6. I would prefer the Barchetta. Though it's not as fast, it looks a lot better with the top down. I saw one on the street the other day...and DAMN!!!!<!-- Signature -->

7. They are the same damm car. One is just a little more on the pricy side without the top. I would take either one. They both kick ass.

8. First off, I doubt you've seen one of these on the road. Second, I own a 99 Maranello and I got to test drive this car at Ferrari of Atlanta and honestly it's sad. Sure it's still a Ferrari but it feels like they took a Maranello and chopped the damn roof off, that's it. My advice, save some money and go with the Maranello. Endless headroom is not worth the amount of money Ferrari is asking for this thing. And that's exactly what I told the Ferrari Salesman. <!-- Signature -->

9. The Brachettea , just because I prefer Barchettas.

10. First off, I doubt you've seen one of these on the road. Second, I own a 99 Maranello and I got to test drive this car at Ferrari of Atlanta and honestly it's sad. Sure it's still a Ferrari but it feels like they took a Maranello and chopped the damn roof off, that's it. My advice, save some money and go with the Maranello. Endless headroom is not worth the amount of money Ferrari is asking for this thing. And that's exactly what I told the Ferrari Salesman.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Besides the fact that a person with a username of 11secdawg makes you totally unbelievable as a person that owns a Ferrari, you have not driven a 550 Barchetta Pininfarina...at least not at a Ferrari dealership in Georgia. I work at the only official Ferrari dealership in Ga and we have not yet recieved a 550 Barchetta, and we would be the only ones to recieve it. I usually do not say anything to people that lie on this site, but this one is particularly ridiculous.

11. #11 Perforator, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    550 Barchetta Pininfarina

It will be in every ferrari-collectors dreams after couple of decades...

Do I have to say more?

taken from www.pininfarina.it

The 550 Barchetta, to which Ferrari has given the name Pininfarina for the first time on the occasion of the Company's 70th anniversary, presents the open-topped, front-engined Ferrari V12 in a styling and technical interpretation for the new century. The aim of the design and development team was to offer a unique interpretation along the lines of the purest Ferrari specials, which meant going for a deliberately provocative look to make it stand out from the standard product range.

...A limited series of these is being manufactured at Maranello during the current year and has already been assigned; each will be identified by a progressive number on a special plate set below the signature of Sergio Pininfarina.

...Pure design for the 550 Barchetta Pininfarina, which brings together the high impact looks of the Coupé with a refined interpretation of the distinctive features possessed by a Barchetta, an open car par excellence with a manually operated hood for use in emergency situations only.

...The 550 Barchetta Pininfarina is a car for those motorists whose hearts still beat faster at the memory of the great Ferrari 12-cylinder sports cars like the 250 California and the 365 GTS/4, better known as the Daytona. Not to mention those drivers who relish contact with the natural environment offered by an open car whether on the road or on the race track. To sum up, it is for all those people for whom a Ferrari offers an unbeatable source of emotions: the scent of the breeze; the sound of the engine; the feel of the steering wheel; the taste for driving at speed and the sheer pleasure of looking around you to see the unique shape of a car born at Maranello.
    <!-- Signature -->

12. Well, this is a really hard choice. Both of these are amazing, but I honestly can't really pick which one I'd want. The Barchetta Pininfarina looks better, but the Maranello has better performance.

13. I would pick the Maranello then sell for the 4seater 456GT!!!<!-- Signature -->

14. maranello<!-- Signature -->

15. i think both cars kick major ass but i wopuld rather take the barchetta! without the roof looks even better and i don't really mind that much if the performance is a bit worst and the top speed is lower becuase it has no top but damn this thing would attract so many hot chicks! damn i need to get myself one of these cars!

16. oh and by the way, 11secdawg! can you please post a pic of your garage which has the maranello adn the bently and the others becuase i would really like to see what it would look like to have someof the best cars ever built! i believe you that you own a maranello and stuff but I just wanna see what it would look like to have those cars!

17. I'd definitely take the Barchetta. Simply looks better. I wouldn't mind losing 13mph on top speed because I'll probably never drive that fast anyway.

18. both of those are hard claims to back up, anyway id go with the Barchetta, its just my taste, but id love the convert, and god it looks sexy.

19. what r u talkin bout???? that was ur first post.

20. I'd much rather have a Barchetta. I don't care so much about the performance, but rather that this car, in my opinion, is much sexier than it's hardtop counterpart; plus, this car is much more valuable.

21. Barachetta.