Re: WHICH IS FASTER???? THE MUSTANG COBRA OR 300ZX TT?????

Discussion in '1990 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo' started by elbato22, Aug 9, 2002.

1. The 2003 Cobra is faster...<!-- Signature -->

2. any year STOCK svt cobra is as fast as a STOCK 300 turbo even the "old" 93's would keep up....at least in 0-60 and 1/4 mile..
    and i would bet that the 99 and newer cobras would beat it in a road corse..
    but really they are not compareable..
    the mustang is the last surviving pony/musclecar built for the 1/4
    and the 300zx is a good handeling pice of rice

id take the stang ..

3. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from NASDAQrob</i>
    <b>You know what... you guys can knock the Mustang all you want, but an '02 Cobra is quicker than the ZX. Zero to Sixty is better by over a second, top speed is comperable, and 1/4 mile times are about equal. However, realize that the 300 ZX get's a whole lot slower with age. A good friend of mine has a 1990 300ZX TT and its 0-60 isn't anywhere near what is advertised. Nissan should have cut the weight of the 300ZX by about 500lbs and then it would have kicked some serious ass. It's just too heavy for what it could/should be. The latest generation Cobra (even excluding the '03 and it's 395hp) is an amazing automobile. Don' sell it short guys.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

You do realize that they didn't make any Cobras in 2002, actually judging by your idiotic post, you probably didn't know that. Mustangs don't even compare to Z's, especially not the 300ZX TT. Consider the 0-60 time of a 1994 V8 Mustang GT, it's like 7.0 or something, how is that a second faster than a 1994 V6 300ZX TT with a time of high fives? You friend must not know how to drive, because I have seen stock 300ZX TT's make and even break the advertised 0-60 time.

They new cobra weighs too much as well, so don't go knocking the z32 for it's weight. Besides, the 390 (not 395) bhp Cobra is very slow for its horsepower advantage. 0-60 in 5 seconds flat maybe 4.9. A Corvette with 345 horsepower can beat that. Besides, the 300ZX TT came out 12 years before the new cobra, but the 300ZX TT is just about a half second slower in 0-60.<!-- Signature -->

4. WHICH IS FASTER???? THE MUSTANG COBRA OR 300ZX TT?????

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW BECUASE MY FRIEND THINKS MUSTANGS ARE THE BEST THING IN THE WORLD AND I WANT TO PROVE HIM WRONG

5. it depends on what years and models your comparing but for example the '90 300zx vs. the '90 cobra isnt even fair. the 300zx was a 5 sec 0-60 in '90 and the cobra coundnt even make it below 6. as far as handeling and braking and just about anything else the 300zx still is better because a mustang is designed to run in a straight line and thats it. if they still made the 300zx it would about that same as a Z06 corvette right now.

6. Try an 03 Cobra<!-- Signature -->

7. Mustang hahaha, 300ZX al the way. Looks, speed, handling this is it.<!-- Signature -->

8. mustang? haha, my NA leaves those. i have a 90 300zxNA and it will leave all but the new cobras (haven't raced one yet), i think a mustang vs. a turbo isn't an even close comparison.

9. These cars are great, but the acceleration isn't all that good. They would lose to the Cobra in a straight line, and the new Cobra would be close in handling.
    <!-- Signature -->

10. 300zxtt wins

Why wouldn't it? Also when people compare cars compare them to cars in the same year.

11. take off wise the the shitstang MIGHT do better. i have been in one cobra racing a toyota supra twin turbo. when the mustang get around 150-160 jumpping (wanting to slow down) i am serious about this because i was driving and in the long run the 300zx twin turbo will do much better than the mustang.

12. My buddy just bought a 96 Cobra Convt. Nice car, but I like my Z better. Raced him the day after he got it, and blew the door off. It's almost sad really...It's true, he got me off the line, but When I was shifting into 2nd I was passing him. He still thinks he can beat me, and always comes up with an excuse.
    Peace<!-- Signature -->

13. You know what... you guys can knock the Mustang all you want, but an '02 Cobra is quicker than the ZX. Zero to Sixty is better by over a second, top speed is comperable, and 1/4 mile times are about equal. However, realize that the 300 ZX get's a whole lot slower with age. A good friend of mine has a 1990 300ZX TT and its 0-60 isn't anywhere near what is advertised. Nissan should have cut the weight of the 300ZX by about 500lbs and then it would have kicked some serious ass. It's just too heavy for what it could/should be. The latest generation Cobra (even excluding the '03 and it's 395hp) is an amazing automobile. Don' sell it short guys.<!-- Signature -->

14. In 1996 the cobra had 305 horsepower, and more torque than a ZX turbo. I'm sure it was quicker accelerating. I've never driven a cobra but I have driven a 300zx TT and I know it handles great. I doubt the cobra could keep up with the Z's handling. But the cobra must be quicker in a straight line.

15. Mustangs??? Yeah rite it'll get smoke like dawg shit. Mustangs can't even be beat by my bro's non-turbo supra and it only runs stock of mid 14's a z can run high 13 stock and with about a few gram it can run about 12's and 11's and can even habdle more better.

Mustangs are gay it's all about japanese cars.

16. no offence, but no 300 runs the 1/4 in 13s stock, more like low to mid 15s. its not possible to run a 13 stock in one of these

it'd have to have a low trap speed if it takes 16 odd seconds to hit 160ks

17. What.
    Errr I think it can do the 1/4 in 13's.
    Here in the UK people do that, on a terrible track and with the heavier 2+2 body.

18. AIGHT EVERYBODY KNOWS THE 300ZX IS BETTER. THE MUSTANG ONLY HAS POWER WHEN TAKING OFF LETS SAY DA 1/4 MILE. BUT IF YOU PUT THEM IN A STRAIGH WAY THE 300ZX WILL EAT THE MUSTANG.

SUPRA FOR LIFE.<!-- Signature -->

19. Quicker than a stock 300ZXTT, yes. But considering that a huge percentage have been upgraded with Jim Wolf Technologies BPU equipment, that statement must be taken with a grain of salt. A guy I work with, who happens to know a little about cars, has a 01 or 02 Cobra, not sure on the year, newest body style. Anyway, he won't race my JWTed Z untill he gets his supercharger. I'll give the Cobra some credit, it's the only Mustang I'll actually spend my gas on beating.

Cocky? Yes..but then again, I drive a Z.

P.S. The cars need TLC to be reliable, but with consiensious mantainence, they hold up very well. 1991 TTZ, 67,000 miles, 345 to the wheels.

"You know what... you guys can knock the Mustang all you want, but an '02 Cobra is quicker than the ZX. Zero to Sixty is better by over a second, top speed is comperable, and 1/4 mile times are about equal. However, realize that the 300 ZX get's a whole lot slower with age. A good friend of mine has a 1990 300ZX TT and its 0-60 isn't anywhere near what is advertised. Nissan should have cut the weight of the 300ZX by about 500lbs and then it would have kicked some serious ass. It's just too heavy for what it could/should be. The latest generation Cobra (even excluding the '03 and it's 395hp) is an amazing automobile. Don' sell it short guys.

20. i bet the new civic SI's and type R's would kick every ones ass esp if u put an AEM cold air induction, a APC muffeler, and a headder!!!!!!!!

21. i bet the new civic SI's and type R's would kick every ones ass esp if u put an AEM cold air induction, a APC muffeler, and a headder!!!!!!!!

22. You people are all retarded. Any mustang Cobra stock will beat any 300ZX stock. And the first compare of a '90 Cobra to a '90 Fairlady, there wasn't even a cobra in 1990. Cobras didn't start untill 1993. And the 1990 0-60 in 5 sec? How blind are you? No stock 300ZX of any year ran a 0-60 in 5 seconds. And that little boy who "blew the doors off." Ever think they kid couldn't shift? I like the 300ZX much better than a Mustang. But you people are being unrealistic. Any cobra (THAT IS 1993 AND UP!) will beat any 300ZX.<!-- Signature -->

23. Here let me talk in words you will understand. It would be easy for the 300ZX to hand me my ass since it would be behind me.<!-- Signature -->