Re: Who says Ford power cannot compete? hahhahaha!!!

Discussion in '2002 Jaguar XKR Trans-Am' started by Carrera26, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Who says Ford power cannot compete? hahhahaha!!!

I was so hoping that Gentilossi (is that how you spell it?) would take GTS, after watching him rip it up in normal Trans-am. For all those that think Ford hardware can't compete, HA! This car has repeatedly ripped up Vipers, Vettes, and Camaro's. And who was it that won before, it was the Qvale Mangusta, another Ford powered vehicle. That V8 is one of the most widely adopted engines I have ever seen, powering Panoz, De Tomasa, Noble, etc etc... If the Chevy engine is so much better, then why do I never see any companies picking them up? It's not like these are cheap cars and the companies are using them cuz their a few hundred bucks cheaper a unit or anything. In fact, I haven't seen a Chevy powered company since Iso...<!-- Signature -->

2. Why in the hell does Jag have to use Ford power? Or does Ford make the Jag engines and I didn't know?<!-- Signature -->

3. Ford owns Jaguar, but they don't involve themselves in much of the production aspect. The only thing that i noticed so far was that the X type is just a ford Taurus.

4. I OWN YOU<!-- Signature -->

5. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from MIKORX</i>
    <b>Ford owns Jaguar, but they don't involve themselves in much of the production aspect. The only thing that i noticed so far was that the X type is just a ford Taurus.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    the x-type isa ford mondeo<!-- Signature -->

6. Sweet ass Jaguar, but then again most racing cars are :p. This if a nice piece of English engineering although Ford(although they make some great cars) had to buy Jaguar didn't they!HA!Jaguar could survive on their own easily.<!-- Signature -->

7. Ford owns Jaguar? wow! now thats a real poke in the eye with a sharp stick! no offence to anyone out there who's obsessed with fords, (and theres a HELL of a lot of them) ...but was it really nessecary? i thought jag was doing just fine before it was bought out by some domestic company on a quest for world domination. :-O<!-- Signature -->

8. lol, would you rather of had volkswagen swallow them first and have jaguar dead end in terms of racing

lol lol lol

TVR better keep its head up too or it could be the next Rolls Royce, owned by VW group lol. TVR within lamborghini cluster, what a joke. Ford is the best answer Jaguar could have EVER seen as far as a takeover.
    <!-- Signature -->

9. obviously ford, since owning jaguar and god knows what else, has learnt alot, the fact that they have improved so much.

as for the mustang V8, from the sources i've read its a mustang V8 that has been extensivley worked by jaguar engineers... the only parts 'american' are the block, case and sump.<!-- Signature -->

10. it can compete with a good body and badged as a jaguar..other than that, the term "winning ford racing program" is somewhat of an oxymoron for american road racing. it might be because they jinxed themselves with the GT40..after that, wins were elusive. this was a casual observation of mine, if the real truth is out there, please inform.<!-- Signature -->

11. This ford engine (in a jag) may very well be a well designed engine...but the ford engines we get down here in oz suck! we race V8 supercars, a Ford vs Holden (GM) event, and the holdens always win. They had to change the Holdens so that the Fords could keep up. The question was "Who says Fords power cannot compete?"......I do.
    The Fords down here really really suck.
    And there ugly, just to add insult to injury.

So if any of you americains would like to come down here and give our Ford boys a few pointers and all the stuff they suck at, I'd be very happy. Watching a one sided battle every year does get a little boring, even if Holdens are involved.
    And if you wanna complain and say im wrong, go have a look at how many Holdne Commodore HSV's there are, I count 14.
    And how many Ford Falcons? 2.......now that says something.<!-- Signature -->

12. Sure wish there was street version XKR that looked like that. As for the Mustang engine, wow, had no idea! Now if Ford can Put a 600 hp + engine in an XKR why cant they put a 300 hp engine in the Mustang GT for the street???

13. Ford Taurus SHO (Super High Output), one of the best damn cars ever made. I'm proud of my '91 and always will be....

SHO Specs:
    3L DOHC V6
    220HP
    200 lbs/torque
    5 sp

14. just to let you know ford buying jag was the best thing that could happen to them. jaguar was in bad shape and many people wrote it off Now with ford they got this and a f1 program.

15. Of course ford had power.... i love ford it would be the only american car i would purchase... a mustang roush stage 3... god i love them... <!-- Signature -->

16. this is for Carrera26 :

Ok , then won a minor race compared to Le Mans , the Jag is a strong car , no doubt.

Let's laugh a little bit...

Ford in F1 ? The "wonderful" Jag R3 ??

Ford in WRC ? Peugeot is kicking their ass very strongly...

Ford profits ? Sorry , they're in deficit...

Hopefully , this year they did the new F40 ! THAT kicks.

17. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 3WayStreet</i>
    <b>This ford engine (in a jag) may very well be a well designed engine...but the ford engines we get down here in oz suck! we race V8 supercars, a Ford vs Holden (GM) event, and the holdens always win. They had to change the Holdens so that the Fords could keep up. The question was "Who says Fords power cannot compete?"......I do.
    The Fords down here really really suck.
    And there ugly, just to add insult to injury.

So if any of you americains would like to come down here and give our Ford boys a few pointers and all the stuff they suck at, I'd be very happy. Watching a one sided battle every year does get a little boring, even if Holdens are involved.
    And if you wanna complain and say im wrong, go have a look at how many Holdne Commodore HSV's there are, I count 14.
    And how many Ford Falcons? 2.......now that says something.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

remember i think it was 1993 when ford had to be slowed down so that holden could catch up??? remember that nah i bet u don't<!-- Signature -->

18. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Spinz</i>
    <b>Ford Taurus SHO (Super High Output), one of the best damn cars ever made. I'm proud of my '91 and always will be....

SHO Specs:
    3L DOHC V6
    220HP
    200 lbs/torque
    5 sp

</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

So how does that make it one of the best cars ever made? Good car, maybe. One of the best, I don't think so.<!-- Signature -->