Re: Who says mustangs will beat a camaro.

Discussion in '2002 Chevrolet Camaro SS 35th Anniversary' started by 2003 ss R, Aug 9, 2002.

1. #$%# ford and all thier weak cars trucks vans wahtever. for every ford car theres a chevy that can leave it in the dust. all for ford does is make concept cars that still suck.

and chevy is puro engine, ford puro accesories

2. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from I Hate RustStangs</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Hoseman</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from I Hate RustStangs</i>
    <b>Hoseman reality is here and always settling buddy, you know me I don't post bullshit! the fact of the matter is the SS has always been faster than the cobra except now. I'm not at all saying the SS is close to the 03' I just can't stand Lido that's all he makes bullshit statements all the time, and it gets really annoying especially when he believes his opinions are true facts! That's all!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

96/97 Cobras were as fast as 96/97 camaro SS's. They both had 305 horsepower actually. In 98, the first year of the ls1, the SS was a little faster. Then the post-fix 99s and 01s were just as fast again. The new 03 is much faster as well. It's not one-sided as you chev boys would like it. It's gone back and forth. Right now it is ford, other times chevy.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

It's not worth argueing with MustangVS.Camaro boys because it's one-sided on both sides. Even the Magazines praise the 03 Cobra for finally being the faster of the two. But you know what? Argueing between Ford n' Chevy boys is like argueing whether or not Abortion should be legal or not! You're just not gonna find an answer! Sorry man!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

That's my point rusty. It's never been one sided, [well of course 64-67, and now]. You chev guys like to say camaro was always faster, when it was in a couple years. Well same with the mustang. No clear winner, ever. No use being cocky now, when there is no camaro, and each car had their years. Anyone who claims there was a winner or that one car dominated should check into a pysch clinic and be treated for denial.<!-- Signature -->

3. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from purocamaro</i>
    <b>#$%# ford and all thier weak cars trucks vans wahtever. for every ford car theres a chevy that can leave it in the dust. all for ford does is make concept cars that still suck.

and chevy is puro engine, ford puro accesories</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Are you retarded, because I feel bad when I make fun of retarded people.
    What are you talking about weak ford cars moron? Does 425hp and a 12.6 quarter mile run sound slow to you? Yeah thats the svt cobra. You might be a little slow but ford is not.

4. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from American HP</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from purocamaro</i>
    <b>#$%# ford and all thier weak cars trucks vans wahtever. for every ford car theres a chevy that can leave it in the dust. all for ford does is make concept cars that still suck.

and chevy is puro engine, ford puro accesories</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

What are you talking about weak ford cars moron? Does 425hp and a 12.6 quarter mile run sound slow to you? Yeah thats the svt cobra. You might be a little slow but ford is not. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->It only has 390hp. not 425hp.<!-- Signature -->

5. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from camaro</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from American HP</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from purocamaro</i>

What are you talking about weak ford cars moron? Does 425hp and a 12.6 quarter mile run sound slow to you? Yeah thats the svt cobra. You might be a little slow but ford is not. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->It only has 390hp. not 425hp.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

We have been over this already idiot...the 2003 svt cobra is rated 390hp from ford, but when put on a dyno it really has more like 381rwhp, which is around 425hp at the engine. Please read and remember this, I don't want to f^cking say it again.

6. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from American HP</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from camaro</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from American HP</i>

What are you talking about weak ford cars moron? Does 425hp and a 12.6 quarter mile run sound slow to you? Yeah thats the svt cobra. You might be a little slow but ford is not. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->It only has 390hp. not 425hp.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

We have been over this already idiot...the 2003 svt cobra is rated 390hp from ford, but when put on a dyno it really has more like 381rwhp, which is around 425hp at the engine. Please read and remember this, I don't want to f^cking say it again.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

He is most definately slow. I explained it to him at least 3 times on the GTO forums...<!-- Signature -->

7. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Hoseman</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from camaro</i>

We have been over this already idiot...the 2003 svt cobra is rated 390hp from ford, but when put on a dyno it really has more like 381rwhp, which is around 425hp at the engine. Please read and remember this, I don't want to f^cking say it again.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

He is most definately slow. I explained it to him at least 3 times on the GTO forums...</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Slow...I really doudt the kid has a brain. He's seen this posted alot, yet he can't retain it, I really feel sorry for the idiot.

8. All i have to say is this.
    Yes a mustang will beat a camaro
    All i have to say is this.
    Jaguar Trans Am.
    there is a 650 hp Mustang Engine in that baby.
    Heck, it beated Viper, Porsche GT1....
    That is ford people...
    <!-- Signature -->

9. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from JaguarX</i>
    <b>All i have to say is this.
    Yes a mustang will beat a camaro
    All i have to say is this.
    Jaguar Trans Am.
    there is a 650 hp Mustang Engine in that baby.
    Heck, it beated Viper, Porsche GT1....
    That is ford people...
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

What the hell are you babbling about? Jaguar trans am? Lay of the smack buddy, trust me you'll be better off in the end.

10. There's no comparison between mustangs and camaros. Camaros are deffinately better. When i asked the dealer which car is better for me to buy he said, the camaro deffinately. The camaro will out run a stang, for shure! camaros got game.

11. were you at a Chevy dealer when you asked tyhat you foolish child?

12. Re: 2003 Mustang SVT Cobra vs. 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06

You got played like a game of Sega, "wannabe" playa. The Camaro is not better than the mustang, and the mustang is not better than the camaro. The number in sales tells the tale.

13. Cobra Potential

The 2001 Cobra was in fact as fast as the 2001 SS Camaro. Both cars were tested with similar results, neither car was faster than the other.

14. You are basing this on what a dealer told you? A dealer will tell you anything that gets them more money. So you were probably either looking at a Camaro that cost more than a Mustang, or were at a Chevy dealer to begin with.

15. Yea i admit it, a bone stock camaro is quicker and more powerful than a Mustang Gt is stocK. I think that the style of the camaros now a days are decent, but Chevy made the best looking Camaro in 1974. I think when comparing a 2002 Camaro and a 2002 mustang(GT or Cobra)in terms of looks, the Stang takes the prize. Thats just my opinion, love the way the 99- up stangs look. Its too bad that GM stoppedthe production of the F bodies, that doesnt leave Mustangs any real challenge anymore. I dnt call a Honda civic or Acura ntegra with fart mufflers, a challenge at all. I call it a beating that isnt even fun because jap cmpacts get wasted so bad

16. Re: I'm gonna buy one :D

I would like to see where Cobra's are faster and cheaper than Camaro's. I believe that Cobra's are still up to this day slower than the Camaro. Now i know that any ford fan would immedeately point his finger at the new '03 supercharged cobra or a Saleen or a Roush, but come on. Are you really that pathetic? If someone took a Camaro and bolted a supercharger or put $20-30k into one, you think that your tiny 4.6 liter can stand up to a Camaro? There's another thing. It goes against the laws of physics for a Mustang to be faster than a Camaro. Mustang GT=4.6 Liter V8, 265 hp (mabye), Camaro Z28=5.7 Liter V8, 305 hp. Now some of you would say that the camaro is heavier, but come on. You cannot dismiss the fact that the Camaro still has at least 40+ hp over the mustang. Plus, it's not like the camaro is a freaking school bus compared to the mustang either. Overall, the mustang is a glorified 17-year old high schol girl car. End of story. No response needed.

17. Re: I'm gonna buy one :D

425 hp? 12.6 1/4 mile?!? Can you tell me what year this SVT Cobra is? because i'd like to buy it!... oh yeah, it doesent exist. Plus, what the hell do you mean "from the engine" or whatever you said about direct engine power? Here in reality, we rate cars from overall what-is-put-to-the-ground-horsepower, not what-the-horsepower-would-be-if-all-this-car-had-was-a-chassis-and-an-engine. It is retarded. We rate cars not by how much power they COULD put out, but how much they DO put out. Wishful thinking isnt going to win races. So next time you say 425 hp, you might want to be sure that you dont get your mustang stats and your Chevelle or Corvette stats mixed up

18. If Mustangs suck so bad and camaros are so good why does the Mustang out sell the camaro and Firebird 4 to 1 and force GMC to stop production. Put that in your pipe and smoke it you moron. And by the way Saleen are not slow and will mess over any crappy SS.

19. Re: I'm gonna buy one :D

Alright, lets make a fair comparison then....Take a 2001 SVT Cobra and a 2002 SS Camaro...and slap on a vortech supercharger on both. End result, Mustang outpowers the camaro, plain and simple. Stop whining about the new cobra having a supercharger, you sound like the import boys whining that american engines have more cubic inches.
    The 2001 SVT Cobra and 2001 SS are dead even on speed. The svt cobra had better track times. Most of us do not compare the camaro to roush or saleen etc, because they are considered tuner cars even though Saleen is considered a small car manufacturer not a tuner. By the way, the supercharger that the new cobra comes with is nowhere as good as a vortech supercharger either. NUFF SAID

20. Yes an 03 COBRA will easily outrun an outdated naturally aspirated 02 SS (which by the way I own(35th anniv. edition convert.). I am a FORD lover and my dream was an 03 COBRA but what nobody seems to mention in this forum is dollars and sense. The reason I ended up in the MARO is a little matter of about $6000.00 price differance less than the best price I could get on a similar Cobra convert. I'm sorry, but for the price I could'nt resist. I'm an ASE Master certified Tech. so my opinion is like everybody else's and we all have one,that being said;ultimately FORDS DO MAKE MORE POWER!!!!!!!!!! Have you guys ever heard of a guy named ROBERT YATES? BUT at what COST???????? One more thing do you guys ever go to swap meet's?????????? Old Camaro's are always worth, more so for me it's basic ECONOMICS. My best friend has an 01 Cobra so when the smoke clears between He and I,I'll get back to ya'll with an HONEST answer to this ? By the way Ford Engines are MUCH more reliable but GM cars have less rattles and Chrysler just plain SUCKS> So if you are like me (OLD) and don't mind G. entle M. otoring go on and get yourself a Camaro if there's still time. One more thing I said my last GM car was my last GM car so If this one turn's out to be a P.O.S. I'll let you know about it and, it WILL be the last one for me.

21. #46 camaroboy, Jan 15, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  22. #47 camaroboy, Jan 15, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016